Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it...

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
Update on my 2018 JLU. Bought last June and had the wandering and loose steering issue. The steering and wandering got better with more miles I put on it but never got to 100%. I had an alignment done months ago and it did help a little. I put a FOX steering stabilizer on ( no help ) and the longer lower control arms from the Mopar lift kit, these may have helped a little. Two weeks ago I installed the Dynatrac 2" lift with FOX shocks and the Steer Smart HD front adj. track bar. Gotta say the Jeep handles and steers better than ever. The wandering is gone and the loose steering is pretty much gone also. There is still just a smidge of looseness to the steering feeling but very acceptable. During the install all the OEM bolts and nuts were tight. After I installed it I went for a test drive and there was a lot of looseness to the steering, it was pretty bad. I drove it like this for a few days then decided to go back and check the torque on everything I changed. Well low and behold I found the track bar bolts loose on both ends. I torqued them to speck and BAM trouble corrected. I am very pleased with the results and it was money well spent. I have been to 3 dealers a total of 5 times and was done with that, I was not going to waste anymore time with them. My suggestion to the people with loose steering would be check the torque on the track bar bolts or better yet replace it with a aftermarket piece and torque to speck.

Resized_20191023_155016.jpeg

Resized_20191023_155031 (1).jpeg

Resized_20191023_155050 (1).jpeg

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just installed this lift on my 2018 JLUR this weekend, along with a Terraflex Falcon 2.1 Steering Stabilizer. So far, an amazing change in ride quality and feel. I am NOT disappointed with this lift, other than I felt the instructions were too vague and had to keep the video running on a loop on my tablet. It took myself and a friend to complete the install, and yes we had zero chance of completing the install without unbolting the front track bar. The rear sway bar links didn't line up to my liking, either, but it seems to work well.

Additionally, I included the 1/2" Terraflex spacers on the front to accommodate the winch I am installing, along with the Maximus-3 plate and grill guard which will add some pounds.

Now for bigger tires...

All in all, the ride improvement is nothing short of amazing.

MikeS_in_PA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Just installed this lift on my 2018 JLUR this weekend, along with a Terraflex Falcon 2.1 Steering Stabilizer. So far, an amazing change in ride quality and feel. I am NOT disappointed with this lift, other than I felt the instructions were too vague and had to keep the video running on a loop on my tablet. It took myself and a friend to complete the install, and yes we had zero chance of completing the install without unbolting the front track bar. The rear sway bar links didn't line up to my liking, either, but it seems to work well.

Additionally, I included the 1/2" Terraflex spacers on the front to accommodate the winch I am installing, along with the Maximus-3 plate and grill guard which will add some pounds.

Now for bigger tires...

All in all, the ride improvement is nothing short of amazing.
I have the exact same set up but the Falcon 2.2. I didnt need to drop the trackbar but I did need to release the Ebrake cables from their mounting perch to get full drop of the rear axle. Other than that omission in the instructions I found them to be complete. I did this alone however I think by experience with the AEV lift on my JK allowed me to move through it pretty quickly.

I agree on ride quality and feel. I am having new Method rims installed today and getting it aligned.

Sponsored

darylgordon

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
I wouldn't say we have anything that is a direct competitor to the Dynatrac lift. Our Starter System is probably the closest, but it is intended to be more of a basic kit that reuses the stock shocks. Our Stage 1 will be much more complete, but will also be at a much higher price point. It depends on what you are looking for.

Single rate coils are great, but they won't get the wheel travel that a multi-rate coil will get. If you aren't trying to get as much performance as you can from the vehicle off-road, it doesn't matter. If you do plan to use your Jeep to its potential off-road, single rate coils are leaving a lot on the table. But, that doesn't seem to be what the Dynatrac kit is aiming for. It is a well-riding budget lift that should give you a bit more off-road performance than stock.

Multi-rate coils don't do you any favors for augmenting a weighted down Jeep or maintaining ride height. I think you may be misunderstanding why multi-rate coils are used. We explained our design process on our coil spring product pages if you are interested. And no, we are not sacrificing anything to take advantage of the additional flex. Compare our primary spring rates and we have some of the lightest ones out there. Eddie has some very strong opinions, but that doesn't mean they are correct. Until he has extensive experience designing coil springs, I wouldn't suggest putting too much confidence in what he says about them.
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-jlu-front-lift-coil-springs.html
I was debating between the Synergy and Dynatrac lift kits for my 2020 JLUR. Ultimately, I went with Dynatrac because it came with a set of shocks that are tuned to the suspension. When I talked to an online vendor that sells Synergy, he said that the shocks available to work with your lift kit were universal and he didn't think my Jeep would ride as smooth as it does with the stock suspension.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Update on my 2018 JLU. Bought last June and had the wandering and loose steering issue. The steering and wandering got better with more miles I put on it but never got to 100%. I had an alignment done months ago and it did help a little. I put a FOX steering stabilizer on ( no help ) and the longer lower control arms from the Mopar lift kit, these may have helped a little. Two weeks ago I installed the Dynatrac 2" lift with FOX shocks and the Steer Smart HD front adj. track bar. Gotta say the Jeep handles and steers better than ever. The wandering is gone and the loose steering is pretty much gone also. There is still just a smidge of looseness to the steering feeling but very acceptable. During the install all the OEM bolts and nuts were tight. After I installed it I went for a test drive and there was a lot of looseness to the steering, it was pretty bad. I drove it like this for a few days then decided to go back and check the torque on everything I changed. Well low and behold I found the track bar bolts loose on both ends. I torqued them to speck and BAM trouble corrected. I am very pleased with the results and it was money well spent. I have been to 3 dealers a total of 5 times and was done with that, I was not going to waste anymore time with them. My suggestion to the people with loose steering would be check the torque on the track bar bolts or better yet replace it with a aftermarket piece and torque to speck.

Resized_20191023_155016.jpeg

Resized_20191023_155031 (1).jpeg

Resized_20191023_155050 (1).jpeg
Are these the stock 33 tires? Doesn't look too small at all with the lift!

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the Dynatrac 2-inch list, all for all it is not a bad lift, it will not magically cure your steering issues or fix your marriage, the highlights are FOX tuned shocks and true 2-inch. It came out earlier in the JL life cycle and marketed really hard, but right now there are a couple of other options as well,

I can share some of my observations with installing:

(1) If you are planning to add weight in the front, put a 0.5/0.75/1 or whatever spacer in the front. Teraflex makes some good stuff. Mine has a 0.5 inch spacer but I still have a rake (measured based on frame), not bothering me and I will let the springs settle in a little bit. But yead had I not put the spacer on, my OCD will kick in.

(2) The rear sway bar links are angled outboard, if you put them on in board, they will pinch the brake lines. They should orient like this:
Sway bar | /
Axle | /

The stock sway bar links are easy to tell because they have a curve built in, but the Dynatrac ones are almost straight.

(3) My parking brake became super tight and I felt some brake pull when it was not engaged. My solution is just to remove the rear parking brake line bracket (you can search Teraflex lift installation video) and everything works perfect afterwards.

(4) Dynatrac says no other component needed, but for god sake you should invest a pair of front lower control arms and track bar. At minimum, you can find a pair of Mopar long LCAs for $60, and a relative decent adjustable track bar for $100+. If you are putting on the aftermarket track bar, the best way to do is after lift, take off track bar and shake your Jeep so it will settle and center. Now adjust your new track bar a tiny bit longer than the old one (eye to eye), try to fit that to both the frame and axle holes, if they line up you are good. If not, keep micro adjustment until they line up. This way, your Jeep will be dead centered.

(5) I don't know if my rear is a pebble magnet or something, but my previous shocks all have some marks from stone hitting the lower part of rear shocks. So invest a pair of Fox shock roost cover: https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-racing-shox/roost-shield-kit-fox-ifp-shocks
They are cheap insurance and look nice too.

darylgordon

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Add me to the Dynatrac 2-inch list, all for all it is not a bad lift, it will not magically cure your steering issues or fix your marriage, the highlights are FOX tuned shocks and true 2-inch. It came out earlier in the JL life cycle and marketed really hard, but right now there are a couple of other options as well,

I can share some of my observations with installing:

(1) If you are planning to add weight in the front, put a 0.5/0.75/1 or whatever spacer in the front. Teraflex makes some good stuff. Mine has a 0.5 inch spacer but I still have a rake (measured based on frame), not bothering me and I will let the springs settle in a little bit. But yead had I not put the spacer on, my OCD will kick in.

(2) The rear sway bar links are angled outboard, if you put them on in board, they will pinch the brake lines. They should orient like this:
Sway bar | /
Axle | /

The stock sway bar links are easy to tell because they have a curve built in, but the Dynatrac ones are almost straight.

(3) My parking brake became super tight and I felt some brake pull when it was not engaged. My solution is just to remove the rear parking brake line bracket (you can search Teraflex lift installation video) and everything works perfect afterwards.

(4) Dynatrac says no other component needed, but for god sake you should invest a pair of front lower control arms and track bar. At minimum, you can find a pair of Mopar long LCAs for $60, and a relative decent adjustable track bar for $100+. If you are putting on the aftermarket track bar, the best way to do is after lift, take off track bar and shake your Jeep so it will settle and center. Now adjust your new track bar a tiny bit longer than the old one (eye to eye), try to fit that to both the frame and axle holes, if they line up you are good. If not, keep micro adjustment until they line up. This way, your Jeep will be dead centered.

(5) I don't know if my rear is a pebble magnet or something, but my previous shocks all have some marks from stone hitting the lower part of rear shocks. So invest a pair of Fox shock roost cover: https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-racing-shox/roost-shield-kit-fox-ifp-shocks
They are cheap insurance and look nice too.
Great review!

Sponsored

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Whelp! My Moab is getting this lift!

Just pulled the trigger @Northridge4x4! Went to the Denver Shop and worked out a package with Ryan.

Dynatrac EduroSport 2in, AEV Saverge II rims (Going to recycle my 285 KO2s), Yeti Trackbar, Mopar LCA!

June 5th build date at their shop pending parts!!!

So excited!!!

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon

Just pulled the trigger @Northridge4x4! Went to the Denver Shop and worked out a package with Ryan.

Dynatrac EduroSport 2in, AEV Saverge II rims (Going to recycle my 285 KO2s), Yeti Trackbar, Mopar LCA!

So excited!!!
Nice! My build date there is the 26th and 27th hopefully.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

So excited!!!

Nice! My build date there is the 26th and 27th hopefully.

Very cool!

Please share some pics when they are done.

And thanks for the business!