Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it...

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
For those who has the Dynatrac lift, did you have to relocate the driver side hard line out of the clip behind the frame? Not comfortable with it rubbing another line..
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 2.41.07 PM.png
I’m curious to see replies. I put mine back in the clip at the end of install but looking at your shot of instructions it looks like Dynatrac thinks it should stay out?
Keeping that hard line out of the chassis clip relieves the stress for using the supplied extension bracket on the outer frame rail.
Sponsored

Greg Cobble

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Keeping that hard line out of the chassis clip relieves the stress for using the supplied extension bracket on the outer frame rail.
What they said. Left mine out.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What they said. Left mine out.
Same here. I put eyes on it everytime I do a underside checkup. If it should start showing any signs of chafing, I'll slit a short piece of rubber fuel line lengthwise and wrap it around that line. So far it's been right as rain.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Just ordered this lift and I should have it Tuesday probably won’t get it installed till the weekend. I already have adjustable track bars on the Jeep and Clayton lowers sitting in the garage and a set of .5 front spacers to offset the weight of the winch. Anyone have an idea of how long they set their lowers to get 6- 6.5 caster? I’m thinking around 24 3/8” on the front?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered this lift and I should have it Tuesday probably won’t get it installed till the weekend. I already have adjustable track bars on the Jeep and Clayton lowers sitting in the garage and a set of .5 front spacers to offset the weight of the winch. Anyone have an idea of how long they set their lowers to get 6- 6.5 caster? I’m thinking around 24 3/8” on the front?
Just saw your other thread, and was about to ask about these supplemental supporting parts.

I can't help with front lower control arm lengths because I did all 8, back when I first installed the endurosport. I can recommend getting a magnetic angle finder. When you park on your surgical table, get a baseline reading on your front axle. You'll at least be able to get things back to where they were originally. I opted for adding 1° to the original angle. After that, its up to you on whether to get a professional alignment or not.

Best of luck, and don't forget the before and after pics!

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Anyone have any issues with the lift not sitting level side to side? I made sure I was right around 1/2 tank of gas before I started. I originally had 3/4“ spacers in the front because of the winch and I had 1/2” in the rt rear to compensate for the factory lean. The Jeep sat pretty level front to back and side to side. Did the lift today and left all the spacers as is, set it on the ground and the distance from the front axel to the top of the spring cup was almost 1” higher on the driver’s side. I pulled the 3/4”spacer from the left front and the left front was still Sitting high. The right rear was 1/2 low compared to the left rear. I added another 1/2 spacer to the right rear for a total of 1” in the right rear. Now the Jeep is measuring with 1/8” at all corners.

So all in I have 3/4” in the right front and 1” in the right rear to get the Jeep to sit level........am I the only one that feels that is excessive?

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Disclosure: this is an independent review I received no benefit(s) nor will I by anyone buying this awesome product based on my review.

Bought this lift from @Northridge4x4 whom I’m quickly emptying my savings to :) I should have bought it a few months ago when they had the gift card promotion.

Like everyone else i was in a dilemma of to lift or not to lift. Well I ran 35’s on my stock JLUR and put 0-1.5” fox ifp shocks on. I was completely content with that setup... see my fox shocks review thread for details. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...iew-stock-height-can-you-even-flex-bro.30338/

Anyways I lusted to gain better approach breakover and departure angles. I knew I didn’t want to go more than 2.5” but I also didn’t want to break the bank.

I initially bought the rancho 2” lift well Bc of the awesome price and review by way of life. I never installed the rancho. After months of going back and forth reading more threads on this forum and the other jlwrangler forum I passed up the Evo lift (pairing 2.5” plush coils with fox ifp 2-3” shocks) for a sure thing.... after all tony Carvallo was only a lead designer of the JL Wrangler... and why experiment with coil and shock configurations that weren’t tuned for each other... also I watched this hottie install video like 9 times :P

Finally I decided to buy the Dynatrac lift. I installed it myself without a single person helping me. Not even with the rear coils. The 3-4 hr estimate turned into 6 hours. One suggestion I have is do NOT rely on way of life’s install video especially when it comes down to installing the Dynatrac rear sway bar link. Don’t get me wrong he has a lot of useful info He shows using the Dynatrac supplied bolt for the top bolt hole but this is wrong and the paper instructions say that it’s for the bottom. Anyways I accidentally drove it through anyways using an impact wrench... ( also not advised).

Edit (7/21/19): I ended up removing the front track bar at the axle end during the front axle step and the rear track bar at the axle end during the rear axle steps. Just like the way of life video. I tried not removing the track bar Bc the Dynatrac video said it’s not necessary .... well i found it is. Retighten when the vehicle is on the ground. I happened to have the rear lower control arm bolts at the axle end loose Bc i was installing skid plates there. But others have suggested loosening (not removing) the control arm bolts to prevent binding. I personally just shot some silicone lubricant at all the control arm joints and haven’t had issues with noise and binding. Just an FYI in case you get weird squeaking noises to look at the control arm bolts and loosen and retighten with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground so you go back to a neutral position.
——————————————
How does it ride?
I can promise you that the stock coils with fox shocks rode significantly better (again see my other thread I won’t repeat this info so don’t ask) than the stock rubicon coils and shocks. This Dynatrac lift rides even better than both of those by far...(not an exaggeration). It corners much better than stock coils with the fox ifp shocks. There is much less body roll, it feels firm and planted. It does a great job at absorbing bumps. I didn’t go through washboards yet but it’s definitely better than the stock coils and fox ifp shock combination. Does it fix the wandering?? I never had that bad wandering to begin with. I have both adjustable lower control arms and the mopar lift control arms neither of which I have installed yet. It drives great at 70 mph. I do think it’s less flighty and feels like it is wandering less on the highway; but, it’s not a huge difference like some people say. Like @Chocolate Thunder said there is definitely brake dive still; but, it’s definitely less compared stock coils in my opinion and the fox ifp shock combination.

In terms of lift. I was surprised...I thought this thing was a 3.5” lift after I installed it but it indeed is a 2” lift. Maybe being 5’8” does that to you haha... That being said I did install the teraflex 0.5” front coil spacers Bc I have a 75 lb warn winch and a 60 lb steel bumper. The jeep sits perfectly level. I checked multiple places on the frame etc. and measured as well before and after. The best part is I didn’t need to adjust the toe at all. If you read way of life’s thread about how to do your own alignment on his jlwrangler forum he explains why it is that toe is unchanged after a lift... basically Bc the drag link and tie rod are independent of each other if you don’t adjust the tie rod there’s no way your toe setting would change.... I mean this makes sense that’s the only way to change toe aside from damaging something to induce an altered toe. Either way I still checked and I’m 3/32 toe in after the lift. So basically you don’t need to get an alignment at all unless you have adjustable control arms.

I’ll test the flex soon and post up pics.
Sitting in boxes are steersmarts track bar and tie rod along with a fox steering stabilizer. In all honesty I don’t want to install these until I get 37’s this winter :) I’m going to keep driving this around as is. Who knows maybe I’ll just sell the steer smarts stuff.

If you are stuck in a dilemma, just buy this lift. It’s totally worth it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it... 811CD3EE-9E08-40F9-8E89-B1E1C5A7C3F6

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it... 811CD3EE-9E08-40F9-8E89-B1E1C5A7C3F6

Awesome write up and very well written. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. I found this to be the most helpful thing I’ve found so far on my current newbie JL lift quest. 👍 :clap:

Huskies91

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys JL
Please help me understand the Dynatrac 2" lift. I love that it has great reviews but don't understand how it is a true 2" lift for both a Rubicon and a Sport. I've been debating doing a Rubicon suspension swap to gain 1 - 1.5 inches on my Jeep Willys Unlimited. But then figured, I maybe should just do it right and get Dynatrac. How can it be a 2" lift for both the Rubicon and Sport if the Shocks on the Rubicon can give me 1.5? (kind of like the Mopar lift I guess) How can it be a 2" for both of this system is simply shocks and springs? Please advise, I'm new to this. thanks.

Last edited:

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Please help me understand the Dynatrac 2" lift. I love that it has great reviews but don't understand how it is a true 2" lift for both a Rubicon and a Sport. I've been debating doing a Rubicon suspension swap to gain 1 - 1.5 inches on my Jeep Willys Unlimited. But then figured, I maybe should just do it right and get Dynatrac. How can it be a 2" lift for both the Rubicon and Sport if the Shocks on the Rubicon can give me 1.5? (kind of like the Mopar lift I guess) How can it be a 2" for both of this system is simply shocks and springs? Please advise, I'm new to this. thanks.
Lift height is typically based off a Rubicon. You would see more on a sport, probably 3- 3 1/2.

Sponsored

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Hey guys, seeing as the rear springs are not corner specific , does any one experience the lean to one side? I have a RHD JL and considering this kit, just concerned that fuel tank and driver on the right side will show more lean.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Hey guys, seeing as the rear springs are not corner specific , does any one experience the lean to one side? I have a RHD JL and considering this kit, just concerned that fuel tank and driver on the right side will show more lean.
I had to put a 1/2” spacer on the right side front and rear to get mine to sit level.

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I had to put a 1/2” spacer on the right side front and rear to get mine to sit level.
That’s a bit shit but I guess not a deal breaker considering how good the kit is. Does any one know how the fox shocks in this kit differ to off the shelf? Also are the shocks in the kit the 2-3inch equivalent off the shelf?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
That’s a bit shit but I guess not a deal breaker considering how good the kit is. Does any one know how the fox shocks in this kit differ to off the shelf? Also are the shocks in the kit the 2-3inch equivalent off the shelf?
I’m probably the minority but I myself have not been thrilled with the kit. I don’t like that the springs can’t take any weight, not a fan of the shocks and the way they are valved,didn’t like what they did for the sway bar end links, I have only had it in a few months and have been swapping most of it out already.

I replaced the end links, with the Mopar 2” lift links, swapping the shocks for Fox 2.5 adjustable, and I am waiting to see if Clayton comes out with a 2” spring, if not I will be going with the Rusty’s.

In my opinion the shocks are valves too tight on the high speed compression so you feel every little bump, and they are too low on the low speed compression so you have a lot of float and body roll on the expressway. I have factory steel bumpers and a Warn evo 10s winch, I had to run a 3/4” spacer on the front to get it to sit level and it still has about 1/2” rake to it but I think it’s crazy to have to add a 1 1/2” spacer to a 2” lift to get 2” out of it.

When it’s all said and done the only parts I will most likely end up keeping on the Jeep are the bump stops and the brake line extensions.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Anyone have any issues with the lift not sitting level side to side? I made sure I was right around 1/2 tank of gas before I started. I originally had 3/4“ spacers in the front because of the winch and I had 1/2” in the rt rear to compensate for the factory lean. The Jeep sat pretty level front to back and side to side. Did the lift today and left all the spacers as is, set it on the ground and the distance from the front axel to the top of the spring cup was almost 1” higher on the driver’s side. I pulled the 3/4”spacer from the left front and the left front was still Sitting high. The right rear was 1/2 low compared to the left rear. I added another 1/2 spacer to the right rear for a total of 1” in the right rear. Now the Jeep is measuring with 1/8” at all corners.

So all in I have 3/4” in the right front and 1” in the right rear to get the Jeep to sit level........am I the only one that feels that is excessive?
I have a pretty bad lean towards the passenger side with the endurosport. Its just part of the lift since the springs are the same between driver/passenger. You can get the Metalcloak load leveling kit that includes 1/8" coil spacers for the rear that will allow you to level the Jeep.
Sponsored