Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it...

Brock9281

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Disclosure: this is an independent review I received no benefit(s) nor will I by anyone buying this awesome product based on my review.

Bought this lift from @Northridge4x4 whom I’m quickly emptying my savings to :) I should have bought it a few months ago when they had the gift card promotion.

Like everyone else i was in a dilemma of to lift or not to lift. Well I ran 35’s on my stock JLUR and put 0-1.5” fox ifp shocks on. I was completely content with that setup... see my fox shocks review thread for details. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...iew-stock-height-can-you-even-flex-bro.30338/

Anyways I lusted to gain better approach breakover and departure angles. I knew I didn’t want to go more than 2.5” but I also didn’t want to break the bank.

I initially bought the rancho 2” lift well Bc of the awesome price and review by way of life. I never installed the rancho. After months of going back and forth reading more threads on this forum and the other jlwrangler forum I passed up the Evo lift (pairing 2.5” plush coils with fox ifp 2-3” shocks) for a sure thing.... after all tony Carvallo was only a lead designer of the JL Wrangler... and why experiment with coil and shock configurations that weren’t tuned for each other... also I watched this hottie install video like 9 times :P

Finally I decided to buy the Dynatrac lift. I installed it myself without a single person helping me. Not even with the rear coils. The 3-4 hr estimate turned into 6 hours. One suggestion I have is do NOT rely on way of life’s install video especially when it comes down to installing the Dynatrac rear sway bar link. Don’t get me wrong he has a lot of useful info He shows using the Dynatrac supplied bolt for the top bolt hole but this is wrong and the paper instructions say that it’s for the bottom. Anyways I accidentally drove it through anyways using an impact wrench... ( also not advised).

Edit (7/21/19): I ended up removing the front track bar at the axle end during the front axle step and the rear track bar at the axle end during the rear axle steps. Just like the way of life video. I tried not removing the track bar Bc the Dynatrac video said it’s not necessary .... well i found it is. Retighten when the vehicle is on the ground. I happened to have the rear lower control arm bolts at the axle end loose Bc i was installing skid plates there. But others have suggested loosening (not removing) the control arm bolts to prevent binding. I personally just shot some silicone lubricant at all the control arm joints and haven’t had issues with noise and binding. Just an FYI in case you get weird squeaking noises to look at the control arm bolts and loosen and retighten with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground so you go back to a neutral position.
——————————————
How does it ride?
I can promise you that the stock coils with fox shocks rode significantly better (again see my other thread I won’t repeat this info so don’t ask) than the stock rubicon coils and shocks. This Dynatrac lift rides even better than both of those by far...(not an exaggeration). It corners much better than stock coils with the fox ifp shocks. There is much less body roll, it feels firm and planted. It does a great job at absorbing bumps. I didn’t go through washboards yet but it’s definitely better than the stock coils and fox ifp shock combination. Does it fix the wandering?? I never had that bad wandering to begin with. I have both adjustable lower control arms and the mopar lift control arms neither of which I have installed yet. It drives great at 70 mph. I do think it’s less flighty and feels like it is wandering less on the highway; but, it’s not a huge difference like some people say. Like @Chocolate Thunder said there is definitely brake dive still; but, it’s definitely less compared stock coils in my opinion and the fox ifp shock combination.

In terms of lift. I was surprised...I thought this thing was a 3.5” lift after I installed it but it indeed is a 2” lift. Maybe being 5’8” does that to you haha... That being said I did install the teraflex 0.5” front coil spacers Bc I have a 75 lb warn winch and a 60 lb steel bumper. The jeep sits perfectly level. I checked multiple places on the frame etc. and measured as well before and after. The best part is I didn’t need to adjust the toe at all. If you read way of life’s thread about how to do your own alignment on his jlwrangler forum he explains why it is that toe is unchanged after a lift... basically Bc the drag link and tie rod are independent of each other if you don’t adjust the tie rod there’s no way your toe setting would change.... I mean this makes sense that’s the only way to change toe aside from damaging something to induce an altered toe. Either way I still checked and I’m 3/32 toe in after the lift. So basically you don’t need to get an alignment at all unless you have adjustable control arms.

I’ll test the flex soon and post up pics.
Sitting in boxes are steersmarts track bar and tie rod along with a fox steering stabilizer. In all honesty I don’t want to install these until I get 37’s this winter :) I’m going to keep driving this around as is. Who knows maybe I’ll just sell the steer smarts stuff.

If you are stuck in a dilemma, just buy this lift. It’s totally worth it.

5A317C37-21D2-4195-935A-16A52D52C122.jpeg

A172FCBD-406F-41B3-9E21-50F8DBE96F29.jpeg

9218ACC3-5567-4925-AA74-120EDD3CC569.jpeg

4AA8513F-1A8B-4AF6-BC51-536838D6571E.jpeg

063E3F76-BB83-40E1-A103-00B88CBDDB29.jpeg

2FFD953C-2CB7-4036-A1C8-9FBB4FE1CD5E.jpeg
Are you still running this lift on 37s? Thoughts today?
Sponsored

Brock9281

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I was looking at this route, but a little concerned about the sag with weight (i doubt ill add a winch but I do have steel bumpers and if I run 37’s the back will have weight on if with anything in the trunk). I had a question about if anyone has considered instead of spacers, running the Teraflex 2.5” base spring lift which includes bump stops and sway bar links with the Fox 2.0 2-3” lift shocks instead of the dynatrac? Also seems to price out better if you go this route. My Jeep Is driven mostly on road, with the few weekend warrior offroad events each year.

I am aware a lot of the positives I hear about this set up are due to the specific valving that Fox does to mate the 2.0’s to the springs, but I have also heard really good things about Teraflex’s springs and also the Fox 2.0’s mated with lots of other combinations. I already have Mopar LCA’s fyi. I was set on the Rancho 2”, or the Dynatrac for my JLU Rubicon, but I’d prefer closer to 2.5” if I decide to run with 37” tires. I did reach out and speak to one member who runs the TF 2.5” and the Fox 2.0 shocks and he likes it, just wondering why after a lot more searching I haven’t found more guys looking at it.
What did you decide on? These two are my exact routes and cannot decide. Also will be running 37s

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
What did you decide on? These two are my exact routes and cannot decide. Also will be running 37s
Sooo after much debate, I ended up going with neither. I spent a few extra bucks and grabbed the AEV 2.5" dualsport lift. I wanted the springs and shocks to be paired properly, and I know AEV is built to not sag, and also be a great on road and overland ride. I'm thrilled with my decision and have 5,000 miles on the setup with fuel wheels and 37" Nitto RG's. I actually kept the Mopar LCA's in addition to running their control arm geo brackets at the lowest setting which dials in caster just a little bit better. Also added the matching AEV Bilstein steering stabilizer at the same time. Wouldn't change a thing.

Long-run I figured I'd be happier with the kit thats built together and more complete for a few hundred $ more than piecing something together.

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
I might have to grab this kit when there's a special going on.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Sooo after much debate, I ended up going with neither. I spent a few extra bucks and grabbed the AEV 2.5" dualsport lift. I wanted the springs and shocks to be paired properly, and I know AEV is built to not sag, and also be a great on road and overland ride. I'm thrilled with my decision and have 5,000 miles on the setup with fuel wheels and 37" Nitto RG's. I actually kept the Mopar LCA's in addition to running their control arm geo brackets at the lowest setting which dials in caster just a little bit better. Also added the matching AEV Bilstein steering stabilizer at the same time. Wouldn't change a thing.

Long-run I figured I'd be happier with the kit thats built together and more complete for a few hundred $ more than piecing something together.

The AEV is great. Had that on a JK for 60k+ miles. Great for loaded rigs. Drove great but a little on the stiffer side. Not a wrong choice. Would buy again.

Have the Dynatrac for approx 4 years (40k miles) on our JL. This is not a pieced together kit. The shocks and springs are spec'd together in design. Great kit. Superb road manners and excellent control in offroad. My offroad is wooded and technical. I do not rock garden climb. Would buy again.

Given the choice between the two, I would probably go with the Dynatrac to save the cost since I have felt no appreciable value increase for the price on the AEV.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Description states they are still Fox shocks.
Thanks - just confused by the pic vs what I have seen on Jeeps. Not sure if they contracted with Fox and just starting adding their own label.
Sponsored