Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it...

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Disclosure: this is an independent review I received no benefit(s) nor will I by anyone buying this awesome product based on my review.

Bought this lift from @Northridge4x4 whom I’m quickly emptying my savings to :) I should have bought it a few months ago when they had the gift card promotion.

Like everyone else i was in a dilemma of to lift or not to lift. Well I ran 35’s on my stock JLUR and put 0-1.5” fox ifp shocks on. I was completely content with that setup... see my fox shocks review thread for details. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...iew-stock-height-can-you-even-flex-bro.30338/

Anyways I lusted to gain better approach breakover and departure angles. I knew I didn’t want to go more than 2.5” but I also didn’t want to break the bank.

I initially bought the rancho 2” lift well Bc of the awesome price and review by way of life. I never installed the rancho. After months of going back and forth reading more threads on this forum and the other jlwrangler forum I passed up the Evo lift (pairing 2.5” plush coils with fox ifp 2-3” shocks) for a sure thing.... after all tony Carvallo was only a lead designer of the JL Wrangler... and why experiment with coil and shock configurations that weren’t tuned for each other... also I watched this hottie install video like 9 times :P

Finally I decided to buy the Dynatrac lift. I installed it myself without a single person helping me. Not even with the rear coils. The 3-4 hr estimate turned into 6 hours. One suggestion I have is do NOT rely on way of life’s install video especially when it comes down to installing the Dynatrac rear sway bar link. Don’t get me wrong he has a lot of useful info He shows using the Dynatrac supplied bolt for the top bolt hole but this is wrong and the paper instructions say that it’s for the bottom. Anyways I accidentally drove it through anyways using an impact wrench... ( also not advised).

Edit (7/21/19): I ended up removing the front track bar at the axle end during the front axle step and the rear track bar at the axle end during the rear axle steps. Just like the way of life video. I tried not removing the track bar Bc the Dynatrac video said it’s not necessary .... well i found it is. Retighten when the vehicle is on the ground. I happened to have the rear lower control arm bolts at the axle end loose Bc i was installing skid plates there. But others have suggested loosening (not removing) the control arm bolts to prevent binding. I personally just shot some silicone lubricant at all the control arm joints and haven’t had issues with noise and binding. Just an FYI in case you get weird squeaking noises to look at the control arm bolts and loosen and retighten with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground so you go back to a neutral position.
——————————————
How does it ride?
I can promise you that the stock coils with fox shocks rode significantly better (again see my other thread I won’t repeat this info so don’t ask) than the stock rubicon coils and shocks. This Dynatrac lift rides even better than both of those by far...(not an exaggeration). It corners much better than stock coils with the fox ifp shocks. There is much less body roll, it feels firm and planted. It does a great job at absorbing bumps. I didn’t go through washboards yet but it’s definitely better than the stock coils and fox ifp shock combination. Does it fix the wandering?? I never had that bad wandering to begin with. I have both adjustable lower control arms and the mopar lift control arms neither of which I have installed yet. It drives great at 70 mph. I do think it’s less flighty and feels like it is wandering less on the highway; but, it’s not a huge difference like some people say. Like @Chocolate Thunder said there is definitely brake dive still; but, it’s definitely less compared stock coils in my opinion and the fox ifp shock combination.

In terms of lift. I was surprised...I thought this thing was a 3.5” lift after I installed it but it indeed is a 2” lift. Maybe being 5’8” does that to you haha... That being said I did install the teraflex 0.5” front coil spacers Bc I have a 75 lb warn winch and a 60 lb steel bumper. The jeep sits perfectly level. I checked multiple places on the frame etc. and measured as well before and after. The best part is I didn’t need to adjust the toe at all. If you read way of life’s thread about how to do your own alignment on his jlwrangler forum he explains why it is that toe is unchanged after a lift... basically Bc the drag link and tie rod are independent of each other if you don’t adjust the tie rod there’s no way your toe setting would change.... I mean this makes sense that’s the only way to change toe aside from damaging something to induce an altered toe. Either way I still checked and I’m 3/32 toe in after the lift. So basically you don’t need to get an alignment at all unless you have adjustable control arms.

I’ll test the flex soon and post up pics.
Sitting in boxes are steersmarts track bar and tie rod along with a fox steering stabilizer. In all honesty I don’t want to install these until I get 37’s this winter :) I’m going to keep driving this around as is. Who knows maybe I’ll just sell the steer smarts stuff.

If you are stuck in a dilemma, just buy this lift. It’s totally worth it.

5A317C37-21D2-4195-935A-16A52D52C122.jpeg

A172FCBD-406F-41B3-9E21-50F8DBE96F29.jpeg

9218ACC3-5567-4925-AA74-120EDD3CC569.jpeg

4AA8513F-1A8B-4AF6-BC51-536838D6571E.jpeg

063E3F76-BB83-40E1-A103-00B88CBDDB29.jpeg

2FFD953C-2CB7-4036-A1C8-9FBB4FE1CD5E.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

broncoguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford Bronco, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Realtor
Looks great! I'm seriously considering this lift too.

On a side note... what rock rails are those?

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
It looks good! I’ll have to keep an eye out for it.

bvita

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Tacoma TRD Pro
Looks great and great write up!

This is one of the kits that interested me when searching around!

Sponsored

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Thanks for the review and detailed tips - will likely go this route when time.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I keep coming back to this lift. I have recently been looking at the Synergy as well when they have shocks to match, but do not like the way you have to cut the shock mounts with their kit.

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep coming back to this lift. I have recently been looking at the Synergy as well when they have shocks to match, but do not like the way you have to cut the shock mounts with their kit.
I felt the same way. I was also looking at the synergy lift. Another reason I ended up going with the Dynatrac is the single rate coils, nearly all other lifts have coils that are some form of progressive (dual rate triple rate etc). While This is great at augmenting a weighted down jeep and maintaining height it makes it more difficult to fully stuff your coil and take advantage of the flex. I don’t typically blindly listen to way of life but this is a take home point that happens to matter to me.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Good write up but I would suggest loosening all the control arm bolts a bit and removing the track bar bolts at the axle. Considering how long you will have the axles dropped and how far, it will reduce any binding of the stock bushings... unless you're not running stock control arms/track bars.

Once done re-torque the lower control arms and track bar bolts while on the ground. Just a suggestion :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good write up but I would suggest loosening all the control arm bolts a bit and removing the track bar bolts at the axle. Considering how long you will have the axles dropped and how far, it will reduce any binding of the stock bushings... unless you're not running stock LCA's/track bars.

Once done re-torque the lower control arms and track bar bolts while on the ground. Just a suggestion :like:
Ditto, I actually removed the track bars front and rear respectively as well. I agree with the ability to droop. Based on the Dynatrac video saying you don’t have to remove the track bar I first tried to not do that on the front except I couldn’t droop enough to remove the springs. So jacked up the front axle and removed the track bar at the axle end only. This resulted in adequate droop and front spring removal. Thank you for mentioning this.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Good write up but I would suggest loosening all the control arm bolts a bit and removing the track bar bolts at the axle. Considering how long you will have the axles dropped and how far, it will reduce any binding of the stock bushings... unless you're not running stock control arms/track bars.

Do it if it helps but should not be needed. Mine went just fine without doing it. Asked Dynatrac direct and they stated is not needed. Less things disturbed from the factory is less things to gone awry. Just make sure to retorque on the ground.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Best price I have seen on this lift is at Northridge4x4 with the forum code. $1234.05. Any better deals out there?

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I felt the same way. I was also looking at the synergy lift. Another reason I ended up going with the Dynatrac is the single rate coils, nearly all other lifts have coils that are some form of progressive (dual rate triple rate etc). While This is great at augmenting a weighted down jeep and maintaining height it makes it more difficult to fully stuff your coil and take advantage of the flex. I don’t typically blindly listen to way of life but this is a take home point that happens to matter to me.
I wouldn't say we have anything that is a direct competitor to the Dynatrac lift. Our Starter System is probably the closest, but it is intended to be more of a basic kit that reuses the stock shocks. Our Stage 1 will be much more complete, but will also be at a much higher price point. It depends on what you are looking for.

Single rate coils are great, but they won't get the wheel travel that a multi-rate coil will get. If you aren't trying to get as much performance as you can from the vehicle off-road, it doesn't matter. If you do plan to use your Jeep to its potential off-road, single rate coils are leaving a lot on the table. But, that doesn't seem to be what the Dynatrac kit is aiming for. It is a well-riding budget lift that should give you a bit more off-road performance than stock.

Multi-rate coils don't do you any favors for augmenting a weighted down Jeep or maintaining ride height. I think you may be misunderstanding why multi-rate coils are used. We explained our design process on our coil spring product pages if you are interested. And no, we are not sacrificing anything to take advantage of the additional flex. Compare our primary spring rates and we have some of the lightest ones out there. Eddie has some very strong opinions, but that doesn't mean they are correct. Until he has extensive experience designing coil springs, I wouldn't suggest putting too much confidence in what he says about them.
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-jlu-front-lift-coil-springs.html

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best price I have seen on this lift is at Northridge4x4 with the forum code. $1234.05. Any better deals out there?
Oh dang what the... those guys told me no discounts could be applied. Oh well... that for sure will be the best price @Northridge4x4
Sponsored

Last edited: