Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues!

OP
OP
Midwest22

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
2" Dynatrac lift with Rock Krawler Lower Control Arms, RK Front and Rear adjustable track bar. Also have Steersmarts drag link, tierod along with the Synergy track bar and sector shaft brace. Those are 37" BFG KM3 tires and I weigh in at 5800 (so I'm a little heavy).

Love my set up right now but am thinking I want to go higher, get better shocks and finish off my Rock Krawler control arms (Upper front and both backs).
IMG_6173.jpeg
IMG_9928.jpeg
Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
I just installed the Dynatrac EnduroSport on my 2018 MOAB, a few thoughts:

- I have the Warn winch plate and Smittybilt X20 10k on the front, and since installing those it's had a pretty good sag in the front. I added the Teraflex 1/2" spacer to the front to try and level things out. With the lift + spacer, I got about 3.5" of total lift in the front.

- Rear got about 2.5" of lift.

- With the above setup of front and back, a 4ft box level on the rock slider measures dead level, and it looks good to the eye.

- Still using the factory trackbars and no correction brackets. The axles are obviously shifted slightly, but I don't think it's a huge deal. I'll drive it a bit and see if I think it needs adjustment.

- The steering wheel was just barely off, not enough to anger the ABS system but I still spent the five minutes to put it back straight.

- I lost about 1.3 degrees of caster relative to before the lift. I didn't have a shop measure it beforehand, I just measured it myself with a digital angle gauge and compared before and after. I am going to take it to a shop and have them get me the numbers to see if I need adjustable front control arms or not.

- As for handling, initial impression is it feels pretty similar to stock. Maybe a bit softer and more body roll but also to be expected with a higher center of gravity. I'll need to put some miles on it now to get a better opinion.

j2xGgr1.jpg

oYSiNTJ.jpg

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
- I lost about 1.3 degrees of caster relative to before the lift. I didn't have a shop measure it beforehand, I just measured it myself with a digital angle gauge and compared before and after. I am going to take it to a shop and have them get me the numbers to see if I need adjustable front control arms or not.
After driving it around today, I went ahead and ordered the Mopar lift LCAs for $60 from allmoparparts. The steering is a bit looser than before, it definitely needs a little more caster.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So there was a post somewhere on the forum where a member noticed the slop in the lower mounting point of the rear shocks. They said Dynatrac said oops, our bad and provided spacers to make them fit properly. This sound familiar to anyone? Do the kits now ship with these parts? I thought I’d even posted in the thread, but now I can’t find it.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
So there was a post somewhere on the forum where a member noticed the slop in the lower mounting point of the rear shocks. They said Dynatrac said oops, our bad and provided spacers to make them fit properly. This sound familiar to anyone? Do the kits now ship with these parts? I thought I’d even posted in the thread, but now I can’t find it.
Mine have a metal bushing and fit very tight in the bracket on the axle. I had to pound them into the bracket with a mallet.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Mine have a metal bushing and fit very tight in the bracket on the axle. I had to pound them into the bracket with a mallet.
That’s what I’m talking about. Mine was one of the early sets sold. It didn’t have the metal bushing and didn’t fit very tight in the bracket.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
- As for handling, initial impression is it feels pretty similar to stock. Maybe a bit softer and more body roll but also to be expected with a higher center of gravity. I'll need to put some miles on it now to get a better opinion.
After driving it around today, I went ahead and ordered the Mopar lift LCAs for $60 from allmoparparts. The steering is a bit looser than before, it definitely needs a little more caster.
Not discrediting your experience with this lift, but just wanted to put this out there - my experience was just the opposite. IMO, the ride is slightly stiffer than stock, less body roll, and much better braking stability (no more nose dives). Mine is a 2 door and I didn't have any steering issues before the lift and still don't after 12k miles. I guess I'm lucky.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
If you got 3.5” of lift, you would definitely benefit from adjustable lcas, Mopar lift arms aren’t long enough to give you the best ride. When I install Mopar lifts and they net over 3” I don’t use their arms. Also it’s worth centering your axles as well, for a better overall performance and drivability of your rig. Your Moab’s looking good! This is just my .02 and opinion, take it for what it’s worth .....:)
Well I'm probably at 2.0-2.5" in the front relative to factory. I didn't measure it at the time, but there had to be a good 1.0-1.5" of squat when i put the winch, winch plate, and grill guard on the front. The first time I climbed in after that it felt like the hood was pointed straight at the ground :CWL:.

As things settle, the steering feels almost the same as before (I think part of the reason it felt off is because I was still making adjustments to center the steering wheel). I would be 100% happy to leave it like it is now, but the Mopar LCAs are so cheap and easy to install... I might as well give it a little nudge back in the right direction.

I might still get trackbars and/or correction brackets. I have 35s getting delivered tomorrow, and with the wider tires sticking out from under the flares it will be more noticeable that the axle isn't centered. At that point it will probably start bothering me.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Not discrediting your experience with this lift, but just wanted to put this out there - my experience was just the opposite. IMO, the ride is slightly stiffer than stock, less body roll, and much better braking stability (no more nose dives). Mine is a 2 door and I didn't have any steering issues before the lift and still don't after 12k miles. I guess I'm lucky.
I have noticed as well that the nose dives are gone. Much, much better!

The main difference I notice with the lift is that I can feel minor imperfections in the road much less now. As an example, there is a very small lip in the concrete where my garage and driveway meet... maybe 1/2". With the factory suspension, I could very clearly feel when each tire rolled over this lip. When pulling into the garage I use the feel of the rear tires coming up over the lip to let me know I need to stop soon. With the Dynatrac lift, I can barely feel it at all now.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I definitely remember that thread. Fox put out a stop sale to their vendors selling these kits until they were able to add the bushings to the shock mounts. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a very widespread issue and it was never specified if it was for any of their non Dynatrac tuned shocks.

Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
I installed the Mopar LCAs tonight, and the caster is 100% dead on where it was before the lift, and the steering feels great. Very pleased, I highly recommend it for anyone going with this kit.

OP
OP
Midwest22

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I installed the Mopar LCAs tonight, and the caster is 100% dead on where it was before the lift, and the steering feels great. Very pleased, I highly recommend it for anyone going with this kit.
“dead on where it was before the lift” - so that means you are probably about 4 degrees. Can you post your alignment specs?

I found that 6-6.5 degrees is the sweet spot that fixes wandering steering.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
“dead on where it was before the lift” - so that means you are probably about 4 degrees. Can you post your alignment specs?

I haven't had it to the shop for an alignment yet, waiting for UPS to finally deliver my last two tires. I used a digital angle finder and zeroed it out on the axle before the lift. After the lift it read 1.3 degrees off, and after the Mopar LCAs it's right on 0.0 again.

Also I never had issues with the steering when it was stock, and even with the lift it still felt ok, but the steering didn't want to self-center as well as it did before.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

I think he’s a Sport/Sahara’s and you are Rubicon so from I understand (could be wrong) he will need less LCA adjustment / length than you. Meaning the Mopar Lift LCA’s will have greater impact for non-Rubi folks.

Kayakjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JlUR
Where are you guys taking the caster measurements from? Thanks
Sponsored