Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues!

IdahoSurveyor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door 1985 Chevy M1028
Pics please. I have a 2 door rubicon I’d like to put the dynatrac lift on.
Very happy with my EnduroSport lift on my 2 door. I did add Teraflex 0.5" spacers to compensate for the additional weight of my mods and Rancho geometry correction brackets. The ride and drive is better than stock. I would highly recommend this lift.

Jeep16.jpg

Jeep18.jpg
Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I had this lift installed today on my 4-door Rubicon. I also added my winch, Maximus-3 tow loops, and Maximus-3 winch plate to my front bumper. Unfortunately, that extra weight is crushing the lift. I took before and after measurements, and my net gain is only 5/8" front and 1-5/8" in the rear. The ride is excellent. I suppose I need to have spacers installed now. A little disappointed.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I had this lift installed today on my 4-door Rubicon. I also added my winch, Maximus-3 tow loops, and Maximus-3 winch plate to my front bumper. Unfortunately, that extra weight is crushing the lift. I took before and after measurements, and my net gain is only 5/8" front and 1-5/8" in the rear. The ride is excellent. I suppose I need to have spacers installed now. A little disappointed.
That doesn’t sound right.

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree with @Chocolate Thunder. That just doesn't sound right. How did you measure? How much weight did you add? I added a winch and front bumper to mine and it sagged 3/8". Overall lift right now is 1 7/8" in the front. Even though mine's a 2 door the front end should be similar to a JLU. Net weight added was about 70-75 lbs for reference.

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Agree with @Chocolate Thunder. That just doesn't sound right. How did you measure? How much weight did you add? I added a winch and front bumper to mine and it sagged 3/8". Overall lift right now is 1 7/8" in the front. Even though mine's a 2 door the front end should be similar to a JLU. Net weight added was about 70-75 lbs for reference.
I measured prior to the lift at the centerline of each wheel and took pictures with the yardstick leaned up against each fender flare. I then did the same after the lift. I'll post the passenger front pictures as an example. It was done in my garage, that is flat. I added up the weight on the front. Between the winch and the Maximus-3 parts, I added 125 pounds. The leverage of that weight hanging off the front puts a pretty high load on the front springs. I did find some posts from Eddie on "that other site" that indicated his dropped 3/4" on his rig with winch and same lift, so he added spacers up front. I will probably do the same. The ride is terrific, so no complaints there.

I think my Rubicon probably started a little high in stock form... maybe because of not having a hard top... so that's why I'm not seeing more lift. I'm 6ft tall and it took a pretty high leg lift to get into the stock Jeep. And then this lift is probably meant to be a little under 2" for Rubicons and a little over for Sports or Saharas.
Passenger Front.jpg
Passenger Front After.jpg

Last edited:

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JLRuss Even so, that still seems awfully low. That's also not the best way to measure lift height. You should take a measurement from a fixed point on the axle or lower spring perch to the upper spring perch. Are you sure whoever installed this re-used the factory spring isolators? Same wheels and tires afterwards?

Kenny121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Pictures please!

I’m very interested in this lift w/35’s. I also have heavy items (rock rails/steel bumper/winch) and would love to see how the Dynatrac looks.

Thanks!

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
@JLRuss Even so, that still seems awfully low. That's also not the best way to measure lift height. You should take a measurement from a fixed point on the axle or lower spring perch to the upper spring perch. Are you sure whoever installed this re-used the factory spring isolators? Same wheels and tires afterwards?
Yes, the spring isolators are on, both front and rear. Same stock wheels and tires.

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the spring isolators are on, both front and rear. Same stock wheels and tires.
I wouldn't hurt to give the folks at Dynatrac a call and have a chat with them about it to see what they think. I talked with Erik a couple of times and he was very helpful. That just doesn't seem worth it for 1/2" of lift. Maybe yours started out high like you said. The measurement from my axle tube to the upper spring perch currently is 13 7/8". It was 12" and 11 13/16" (passenger) with stock suspension. I know it's apples to oranges, but you might want to take a look at your measurement to see where your at currently despite not having a before measurement.

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I wouldn't hurt to give the folks at Dynatrac a call and have a chat with them about it to see what they think. I talked with Erik a couple of times and he was very helpful. That just doesn't seem worth it for 1/2" of lift. Maybe yours started out high like you said. The measurement from my axle tube to the upper spring perch currently is 13 7/8". It was 12" and 11 13/16" (passenger) with stock suspension. I know it's apples to oranges, but you might want to take a look at your measurement to see where your at currently despite not having a before measurement.
I just measured both sides. From top of axle tube, to the bottom edge of the spring perch is 12.5". A lot lower than yours. Thanks for your replies. I'll give them a call.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Well it is possible the weight of the soft top vs hard top makes a difference in stock form, but really it should have less sag because of the soft top. I added a 1/2 Teraflex spacer in the front and still have a slight rake. I had added a bumper and winch on stock springs and it sagged bad so that is why I added the spacer. Unfortunately I never took any measurements. If you would have added the bumper and winch on the stock springs, I think it would have sagged even more than the lift springs and your front number would be closer to 2”.

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I have a 2 door JL that I had a 2” spacer lift with teraflex falcon 3.3 shocks. I removed them and installed the dynatrac 2” lift. I didn’t measure but drove from Cleveland, Ohio to Daytona beach for beach week and the Jeep rode like it was on a cushion of air. One of the best lifts I’ve ever ridden on. I’m going to add steersmarts trackbar, tie rod, and drag link. Add diff covers, and armor underneath and see where springs sit. If needed I’ll add the 1/2” spacers. Other than tat this kit doesn’t need anything.
Sponsored