Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues!

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
@ERIXJLUR , thanks for posting pics! So when you say soft...soft good or not good? Realizing you've just put it on, please provide feedback. Also, I agree with @jeepauug , your Jeep looks great and very level!

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
Soft in a good way. Doesn't feel like an aftermarket ride. It soaks up speed bumps almost like a Raptor.

It's level now, however, when I change out tops I have a feeling there may be a slight rake as I have a winch and steel bumpers.

Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Thank you both for getting back to me; that is really helpful insight!

Have a good one

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
Where did you get your Dynatrac Endurosport installed. Looking for shops in SoCal.
Yorks & Lancs in Chatsworth (mom and pop shop)

They specialize in older Rovers, however, I have been going to them for 20 years now. He also installed the winch, Rusty's F&R track bars, diff covers, steering stabilizer and Rusty's track bar support.

Kevinjeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Awesome- what else were you looking at before you pulled the trigger? I am still going back and forth. I am assuming you are still happy.

Yorks & Lancs in Chatsworth (mom and pop shop)

They specialize in older Rovers, however, I have been going to them for 20 years now. He also installed the winch, Rusty's F&R track bars, diff covers, steering stabilizer and Rusty's track bar support.

Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I made the mistake of posting my findings on a popular Facebook group (I'm sure many of the members here are a part of). It brought out the "my kit is better than yours" crowd. As I tried to allude to, I had certain criteria that I was going for (and in this order):

1. Better handling - I think they handle like shit from factory...way too much body roll for my taste.

2. Better comfort - sometimes this is a trade off due with the goal of getting better handling - nevertheless, it was desire of mine to have with an 'improved' suspension.

3. JUST enough lift to put 37's on the Jeep with no to minimal rubbing. Im a huge fan of low center of gravity since I'm often found tilted over on the side of a mountain on the weekends!​

I quote Eddie from [Banned Site], "is it the biggest and baddest kit on the market, no...but it wasn't designed to be". In my opinion its the best of all worlds and solves MY exact specification for what I wanted in a lift kit. [search [Banned Site] on YouTube for a review and interview with Tony by Eddie]

What I feel is often overlooked by the Jeep community is the tuning of the shocks with the springs. I come from a racing background (albeit limited - weekend SCCA and Skip Barber). I learned the hard way that adding the latest and greatest shocks to unmatched springs results in a ride that is often WORSE than a stock set up. I still have a BMW in the garage that loves to bottom out due to a mismatching of spring rate and shock combo that I did a couple years ago. I was just about to swap out that suspension but then I discovered how much more exciting owning and wheeling a Jeep can be every weekend in the mountains than a couple times a year on the track. BTW, if anyone wants the other car in my garage, it needs a home since the Jeep gets all the attention now.

Back on topic...spring and shock rates are what Tony (from Dynatrac) focused most on. They didn't just call Fox and 'say send me a couple pallets of your 2.0s' then match them with some off the shelf springs. Their shocks have custom valve tuning within them to match the specs of the springs. While this is all mathematics, you can clearly feel it with the ride quality and the handling. Everything just feels like its in harmony - this probably the best way of looking at it.

To make a long story short, you asked "how much softer these springs are from factory". I really can't answer that question as it would best be told by using a spring measuring device. What I WILL tell you is that I have noticed no reduction in the "softness" factor and a hell of a lot of handling improvement. When you add the two together (in combination with the lift amount that I WAS LOOKING FOR) you get a combination that has caused me to fall in love with my Jeep again.

Given all my issues I was honestly losing faith in and not enjoying driving it anymore. I never felt truly "comfortable" in it other than on the trails (minus the height issue and scraping all the time). The problem is you have to take the highway to get to the trails so I needed to sort this out as best I could to enjoy the overall ride - and the entire day of wheeling, not just a few miles going 2 MPH.

Nevertheless, I can't stress enough, if YOUR needs are just like mine and you want a no nonsense, no maintenance kit that gives you the height you need along with improved handling and (perceived) better comfort, then I highly suggest you consider the Dynatrac kit. If you desire a 3.5" kit, adjustability of every joint (which you will only do once), constant greasing of your joints, constant changing of adjustable dampeners, then this isn't for you.

One more thing, as you said above, yes, I was able to to a true apples to apples test. I see a lot of people here who throw on larger tires at the same time as their lift. I would highly suggest you NOT do that. Keep the stock wheels, do your lift and live with it for a while. Get the suspension all sorted out before you add other factors to the equation. Granted, if I had my tires I would have probably thrown them on at the same time but I'm glad I didnt.

I hope this answers your question. I know how difficult it can be to figure out what lift kit to get given so many differing opinions. And yes, this is JUST my opinion and findings based on my needs...and they (Tony and Dynatrac) hit it out of the park for me!

BTW, Im really surprised that my findings didn't flush out the my-kit-is-better-than-yours people on this forum like it did on Facebook. Either the people here truly understand the fact that the best kit on the market is the one that solves YOUR needs or those people just haven't woken up yet this morning. Sadly Im sure we will soon see the people posting on this thread saying things like "XXXXX kit is better than this". But, to each their own.
Great write up and I am in the same boat now (without the steering issues) as you were then... I want to go from 33's to bigger tires so i reached out / checked the forums and in the end Eddie from that popular youtube channel advised this same kit to me.. So reading this just helps me with this decision... I will prob do the lift wait a few months then decide on the size tire / brand although i do like the coopers discoverer stt...

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. Lots of great conversation going on here. Could use some recommendations and some more pics if you got them. I’ve got a 2019 JLUR, and I’m throwing 325’s (measuring 35.4” diameter). I’d like to give them a little more room to breath than what stock height offers, but have been surfing/asking for advice on a number of options. Right now, narrowed down between this Dynatrac kit, the Daystar spacer kit, or the teraflex 1.5” kit. Yep, a mall crawler, but want to keep my trail riding options wide open. Which do you recommend, which shocks do you recommend (love the stock ride, but fear the bigger tires are going to change things), and lastly, what geometry correcting control arms & track bars (if needed) is everyone using? Got pics of this kit on a JLUR with 35’s? Want to give the tires some breathing room, but worried 2” might creat a little too much space. Thanks

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have an idea on when the 2 Door lift will be released?
Sponsored