Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues!

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
Started my Dynatrac install yesterday but waited too late in the day to get it finished. Hope to get it all done this afternoon, just the rear to go which is easier. Got the front end installed as well as a Fox steering stabilizer and the Yeti XD track bar. That thing is a beast!
Great. Looking forward to your thoughts.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
EDIT: Nevermind about the pic request, I got it.

I finished my install and took her for a shakedown run. Initial impression is that it looks and feels great. I try to only do one mod at a time for troubleshooting purposes abd to know how each affects things. However, since I had it on hand and I was taking the OEM track bar loose anyway, I installed the SteerSmarts Yeti HD adjustable track bar too. I like it on a short test drive. I’ll update once I’ve got more than 4 or 5 miles on it.

I did screw something up though. I initially took off without reconnecting the front locker and FAD. I have a traction control light on the dash even though they’re reconnected now. Can I remedy this or is a dealership visit in my future?

Last edited:

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Almost 10k miles
Yes, cupping is better and 32-34psi
Love the stt pro’s with the 315’s - They are a little louder and bumpier then new but over 20k and still plenty of bite off road and tread still looks great.
All arms are stock and no need to change these out with the lift. That being said, I am planning to change all arms and track bars later because I can and want to do so:)
Enjoy. Just Empty Every Pocket
Thanks for the info!

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. The full deal. Tie-rod, drag-link (bottom mount), track-bar. I have the fox stabilizer but was able to connect the falcon for now. (Relocation part needed from steersmarts for the Fox). Once I have the bracket I’ll install the fox stabilizer.

Steering is much firmer/planted. A big improvement. The LCAs are teraflex alpine adjustable set at 24 and 5/8”. I started with 24 and 1/4 but still had wander.

All in this is a great setup. Couldn’t be happier with the dynatrac lift - said it before, but worth saying again - the damping is amazing. Today it was -8, and the ride still felt great. AND the look and stance are great too.

The steersmarts set-up, some will say overkill, but no regrets and well worth it.
Thank you for the additional information you provided! That is a cool looking Jeep :like:

Keep us posted

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EDIT: Nevermind about the pic request, I got it.

I finished my install and took her for a shakedown run. Initial impression is that it looks and feels great. I try to only do one mod at a time for troubleshooting purposes abd to know how each affects things. However, since I had it on hand and I was taking the OEM track bar loose anyway, I installed the SteerSmarts Yeti HD adjustable track bar too. I like it on a short test drive. I’ll update once I’ve got more than 4 or 5 miles on it.

I did screw something up though. I initially took off without reconnecting the front locker and FAD. I have a traction control light on the dash even though they’re reconnected now. Can I remedy this or is a dealership visit in my future?
Uhggg...my traction control service light came on at one point, but when cycled, turned off...

A quick search says you may have luck by turning it off then one, but it also appears it could be a vacuum issue. The Dealer should be able to fix this and there are quite a few cases documented that they should be able to reference. Getting the correct parts may be the only hold up.

I'm really looking forward to you're future updates (both on the traction control and install/thoughts on lift); I know you've put a enormous effort into researching.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I didn’t center the steering wheel when I finished. It was far enough off center to cause the electronic stability control to go nuts. I adjusted it and all is well.

My Jeep isn’t typically my daily driver but I drove it to work today to get a good feel for the lift kit. So far, so good. It steers straight. No wobble or shimmy. Steering feels tighter (mine wasn’t bad to begin with) and crisper. I agree with the earlier comment regarding braking - it seems to have almost completely eliminated nose dive under hard braking. Ride quality and handling seem better overall as well.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t center the steering wheel when I finished. It was far enough off center to cause the electronic stability control to go nuts. I adjusted it and all is well.

My Jeep isn’t typically my daily driver but I drove it to work today to get a good feel for the lift kit. So far, so good. It steers straight. No wobble or shimmy. Steering feels tighter (mine wasn’t bad to begin with) and crisper. I agree with the earlier comment regarding braking - it seems to have almost completely eliminated nose dive under hard braking. Ride quality and handling seem better overall as well.
That was smart of you and no doubt your experience on the track and working with suspensions in the past helped you diagnose. Anyway you cut it, great to hear!

Sounds like early on you're pleased, which is also great to hear!

You know the drill now...give us details!!! Did it raise your Jeep equally on all four corners, overall lift, details, details and pics please!

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY

Agree on braking. Spings do a nice job.

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
Well, I jumped in head first.

Tomorrow the kit gets delivered and Wednesday the lift gets installed.

Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

GoVols254

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler (Soon)
Question for those that have installed the Dynatrac...did the kit level everything out or is there still a slight pitch from rear to front?

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
Very impressed with the lift.

Nose still dives when braking.

Ride is soft.

IMG-0657.jpg

IMG-0654.jpg