Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues!

peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the Dynatrac EnduroSport lift on my 2020 JLR. I have to say it rides better than stock. A little firmer which improved its handling on the road yet it did not go too far in my opinion. I kept the stock rubicon wheels and tires to make sure I liked the ride of the lift so I am thinking 37's. Thanks to everyone on this thread for their input. I almost went with the teraflex lift but saw so many disappointing reviews.

vdub2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I'd start with removing the steering stabilizer to make sure it isn't pressurized. The rod shouldn't move on its own, when left in any position along it's range of movement.
This is what the problem was. Took off the stabilizer and the rod did move on it’s own. Sent it back for a refund.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This is what the problem was. Took off the stabilizer and the rod did move on it’s own. Sent it back for a refund.
A bit of a headache having to remove and send it back, but at least it'll be a simple fix. Are you getting a direct replacement or going with something else? I've been happy with the Fox TS unit.

vdub2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
A bit of a headache having to remove and send it back, but at least it'll be a simple fix. Are you getting a direct replacement or going with something else? I've been happy with the Fox TS unit.
That’s the one we’ve got now. Hoping to get it installed today. Thanks for the help figuring out the issue.

Sponsored

SamUSA

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a Dynatrac EnduroSport for my 2020 Rubicon based on a lot of research from these posts. Hopefully get it in a week or so and install it.
I just installed my Dynatrac Enduro sport 2" lift and I am very impressed with the ride quality! All the best!
F5798BC0-D17D-485D-9FC6-71CDDCB70219.JPG
IMG_7123 (2).jpg
IMG_7155 (2).jpg
IMG_7156 (2).jpg

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Cloth, Dual Tops, LED, Towing, Infotain, Cold Weather.
This is a long story but if you’re trying to figure out what lift kit to get for your JL, this is WELL worth your time. Spoiler alert: Dynatrac EnduroSport for the win!

For those of you that haven’t heard my story, I took possession of my JL Unlimited Rubicon on July 1. On July 2nd I was in the mountains doing what it does best…and enjoying every minute of it however it never felt right. The steering sucked and I was always ‘nervous’ driving it on the highway. By August 1 it was in the shop. First for the steering issues that were SEMI-solved with a TSB flash and steering box adjustment, then for a problem with my rear locker light being on all the time. This turned into the Jeep being in the shop for almost 2 months while it waited for a new rear axle.

During this time I spent just about every day and night trying to figure out what lift kit to purchase. If I spent this much time on my retirement, I’d be retired by now! What I found is that everyone has an opinion about which lift kit to get. I was ready to drop about $5k on King shocks and either an EVO or Rock Krawler kit. The main reason for this is due to the fact that the guys I hang out with have proven to me that they are worth the money (which they are, don’t get me wrong they are great kits but for a newbie like me it may have been a bit overkill).

Fast forward to an afternoon in which I went to Huntington Beach where I met up with my friends at the Jeep Bash. Still confused as to which way to go, my good friend Alfy, who has an amazing Jeep as well, said you “have to talk to Tony Carvallo before you do ANYTHING!”. I immediately went to talk to Tony who was standing next to the Jeep he built called Code 1 (which is an absolute beast…google Code 1 and I’m sure you will agree!). Heres the thing, Tony, who now works for Dynatrac, was the Jeep Wrangler product planner at FCA. His main job was to define what the JL would be. I figured if anyone knew about the JL it would be him…and this was SO true! Not to mention that Tony is also one hell of an amazing guy. He’s extremely humble even though he probably knows more about the JL than anyone! After talking with him for a few minutes, I was sold that he REALLY knows what he’s talking about! As he pointed out, Jeep engineers have put over a million miles of testing on the platform for which he was privileged to be an instrumental part of. His goal and mission with a JL lift kit was to merely improve upon an already tested platform yet give it the lift thats needed to stuff 37’s on a Rubicon and 35’s on a Sport or Sahara, AND give it a better ride. Tony worked hand-in-hand with Fox shocks and the manufacturer of the springs to get them both to work in unison with each other (one step that that not a lot of manufacturers do). The Dynatrac kit includes new springs, Fox shocks, brake extension brackets, bump stops and new sway bar end links for the rear (the current rears are put on the front). I asked Tony why there’s no need for lower control arms and he said because it’s a true 2” lift kit and you don’t need them since all measurements (pinion and caster angles) are well within spec. If they weren’t then he would have included them.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of watching and working with Tony while he walked me through the install of the Dynatrac EnduroSport lift kit. So, what’s the end result? I am COMPLETELY blown away! Not only does the Jeep feel extremely “planted” on the ground now, there was also another amazing byproduct that I, quite frankly, didn’t think would occur (actually I thought it would get worse). My steering issues are now 100% fixed! I drove over 350 miles this weekend and would smile every time I took my hands off the wheel at 75 mph and it drove straight down the highway. I didn’t have the typical nervous feeling while being next to a semi truck. Also, I no longer have to slow down and anticipate the body roll for every turn I take. I even had an opportunity to hit a fire trail to test the flex. Again, I was blown away! Honestly, this kit is worth way more than what they are advertising! Oh and yes, there is ZERO bowing unlike another kit on the market that I won’t name (but you know which one I’m talking about).

If you’re considering going with a 2” kit on your JL, I highly suggest the Dynatrac EnduroSport. You will be blown away at how much better it rides than the factory suspension and if you have steering issues, like I did, then it might surprise you there as well. BTW, the photo with the 37’s is my Jeep and we threw them on for size…I’m still on 33’s (for now). Once I get some 37’s and new wheels I will consider my build complete (until I decide to throw on some real rock rails, roof rack, winch, etc…).

IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0165.jpeg
Excellent write up, thanks to everyone that passed along their experiences to this thread, very helpful. Going with the Dynatrac lift with the Mopar extended LCA's on a JLUR.

Question, anyone running 17x9 wheels with either +12 or +18 offset with 35's or 37's on a Rubicon? Any issues with rubbing at full flex disconnected and aired down? Any straight on pictures showing the bulge beyond the fenders would also be helpful.

31R

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Pics? Lift with 35's is what I'm leaning towards.

I have the lift with 315's on AEV wheels (+25mm offset). No rubbing. Very little sticking out of fenders.

Sponsored

triRice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20019 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Squat life. Know it all too well. The only drawback to this lift IMO is it’s ability to handle added weight.

C1CB6C22-7225-42C7-9614-F3FD4B3C031A.jpeg

This is mine loaded up with about 500lbs of gear. Way too much. I bottomed out a lot on just dirt roads. Wheeling like this was not fun. I would estimate 300lbs of cargo would be the max with this lift if you want to wheel while loaded up.
What tire size are you running?

I have a loaded Rubicon 4 door (road armor front and rear bumper, skid platen winch and more to add) and I hear a lot of good things about this lift. I'm running KO2 35s and will not go up to 37s anytime soon. Any chance to bottom out with 35s?

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
What tire size are you running?

I have a loaded Rubicon 4 door (road armor front and rear bumper, skid platen winch and more to add) and I hear a lot of good things about this lift. I'm running KO2 35s and will not go up to 37s anytime soon. Any chance to bottom out with 35s?
I was on 37s then. Now I’m on 38s. I’ve really lightened the load though in the rear since. Did the spare tire delete and usually run no spare no back seat just around town. With that setup I’m at a little over 2.5” of lift in the rear. Now I need to relocate the rear track bar because there is a bit of wag going on back there.

bottoming out is going to be more a product of your weight and ride height rather than tire size. It’s a great lift but if you’re carrying tons of gear and running close to max gvwr, you might want to consider a different lift.

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking hard on this lift. Should I add a 0.75 inch spacer considering I’ll have 220lbs of load on the front?

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Thinking hard on this lift. Should I add a 0.75 inch spacer considering I’ll have 220lbs of load on the front?
I went with the Teraflex 1/2" spacer in the front with OEM steel bumper + winch + winch plate and it sits nicely like that.
Sponsored