Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues!

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Squat life. Know it all too well. The only drawback to this lift IMO is it’s ability to handle added weight.

C1CB6C22-7225-42C7-9614-F3FD4B3C031A.jpeg

This is mine loaded up with about 500lbs of gear. Way too much. I bottomed out a lot on just dirt roads. Wheeling like this was not fun. I would estimate 300lbs of cargo would be the max with this lift if you want to wheel while loaded up.
Oh no. This is terrible news LOL. My stock 2 door was pretty loaded down this weekend and bottomed out a couple times.. definitely had over 300lbs back there.
Sponsored

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I might have to eat my own words. How’s the ride quality compared to stock on the new skates? Differences, if any?
So i had the stock rubicon wheels and BFG for about a week or 2 before getting the 701’s/Nittos, with the Dynatrac lift. I enjoyed the ride quality PRE 701/Nittos, I considered swapping out the Nittos which are E2 rated to the Tokyo open country M/T in 315/70r17 with a C2 load rating to soften up the ride. I’ve gotten use to the Nittos now and am content at around 30-32 psi cold.

To add, a friend of mine has the mopar lift installed by the dealer and he rode in mine and he feels it’s smoother when going over the same streets/roads. Another friend who has ridden in both prefer how mine rides over the mopar lift.

I believe someone mentioned in either this thread or another about sag, I def have it and see it, you see it more pronounced in the photo I attached as there was a bike rack(30-40lbs), 2 mtb(50 lbs combined), tool bag(10lbs), bottle jack(10 lbs), impact wrench(3 lbs), Dometic cfx40(30 lbs), 3 cases of beer(20 lbs), and the ARB drawer(20 lbs).

rkv34

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 3.6L MT Sting Gray, 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Has anyone done any towing with this lift?
I've towed a teardrop camper several times with this lift and had no problems. Didn't really notice any difference compared to the stock setup. The teardrop weighs a little over 1200 lbs loaded up (Little Guy T@G).

RDender

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara JL
If you’re reading through these post, you’ve probably have done a fair amount or will be doing a fair amount of research figuring out the best lift for you. I did the same. Ranging from Rancho, to Icon, Teraflex, AEV and of course RK and MC. From what I gathered, you won’t go wrong with any of these; especially the latter ones.

Price was a factor. Spending $3K+ wasn’t going to happen.

Height was a real factor…I didn’t want a 3”+ lift…at least not now :)

Ride quality played serious role as I didn’t want a jarring or even a coarse ride on or off road. But it did need to handle up to moderate+ trails and have solid on road manners.

The Dynatrac lift seemed to check all the boxes and I gave it a go. I have about 4K miles on the lift so far…here are my thoughts:

Installation: Other than them sending the wrong rear link nuts to go with the bolts which meant I had to stop mid-install to run up to the hardware store, installing the kit is pretty straight forward. Like all projects, make sure you have all the right tools and, if you have it…a good impact wrench is really nice to have, though not necessary.

The Ride: as pretty much everyone on this thread, other threads, or other sites have called out…it’s a seriously good riding lift. Like most of what you’ll read…this is subjective but it 100% met my expectations.

Height came in right at the 2” mark that I wanted (it's a Rubicon). I did have a slight list to the passenger side, which is fairly common with JL’s…some have ¼ inch, some closer to ¾. I ended up putting a Teraflex ½ inch spacer (their leveling kit) in the rear passenger after the original install…the top bolt is a pain…and taking out the rear twice wasn’t ideal. Though, much easier the 2nd time!

Offroad: Honestly, it’s been exceptional. I’ve run 6-8 (though the 8 was probably more like a mid 7) level trails though most have been 2-6 and it has far exceeded my expectations. After finishing the toughest section with a group last weekend, one of our spotters commented that it looked like the Jeep just floated down the rocks. It wasn’t driver’s skill ;)

Additional parts needed: the ½ inch spring spacer noted above for mine. Really none. My axles are barely off center. I’ll eventually upgrade the tack bar (and more…tie rod, drag link, stabilizer, then, then, then…it’s part of the fun), but it’s not needed. I did put on the Mopar lift front LCA’s 300 miles ago. Not because the lift needed it, but there’s enough post on the low caster on JL’s that it made an inexpensive and pretty quick improvement on steering. Getting to 190 ft lbs…tough, but not as bad as I expected. Adj. LCA’s would be better, but for $60…

I did get the dealer to put the TSB “upgraded” track bar on last week…I think it may have made a little difference, but not as much as the LCA’s. Again, the lift didn’t change the way my Jeep steered and mine wasn't too bad to begin with.

Service: They Dynatrac folks were OK to good. They were nice when I reached out with questions, fairly willing/able to provide answers. Far from bad, but not stellar. @Quadratec on the other hand just flat out provides outstanding customer service. I bought it with them using the forum discount and Rob Windle over there has been incredibly responsive on the lift and everything else I’ve thrown at him.

I’m running 35’s now (SST’s) and may go to 37’s in the future which may necessitate changing to a little larger bump stops, though that is not proven to be needed and others are running 37’s with this lift.

Long story long…I’ll sum it up this way. If I could get my wife to buy a 2 Door Diesel when they finally come out (if it came in a manual, it would be lock, then I’d have the best of both worlds!), this is the lift I would put on hers.
Great Info. Been looking at this lift as well. Have not seen mention of forum discount before? Awesome pics of Uwharrie!

Sponsored

rkv34

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 3.6L MT Sting Gray, 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Great Info. Been looking at this lift as well. Have not seen mention of forum discount before? Awesome pics of Uwharrie!
You can get it from Northridge4x4 with a forum discount (something like jlwranglerforums)

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
You can get it from Northridge4x4 with a forum discount (something like jlwranglerforums)
This is what I did, although note right now Northridge4x4 is doing a gift card promotion so the jlwranglerforums coupon code is not valid. However, if you spend $1000+ on the lift kit, you get a $150 gift card.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my Dynatrac lift today. I am considering installing myself. I'm not super talented but have decent tools. Impact wrench, compressor, etc. I would need to buy jack stands. I did install a Rubi steel front bumper and Roam side steps myself. This is my DD so I really need to be able to finish in a day. Is that possible?
Any tips not mentioned in install videos? The Dynatrac one is pretty short and obviously skips some small bits.
One thing I figured is you have to do the rear first or you won't have saw bar links ready to go for the front. Can you jack up one side front and/or rear at same time and support frame with jack stands, or does it need to be all rear then all front? How about just one corner at a time? Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Ordered my Dynatrac lift today. I am considering installing myself. I'm not super talented but have decent tools. Impact wrench, compressor, etc. I would need to buy jack stands. I did install a Rubi steel front bumper and Roam side steps myself. This is my DD so I really need to be able to finish in a day. Is that possible?
Any tips not mentioned in install videos? The Dynatrac one is pretty short and obviously skips some small bits.
One thing I figured is you have to do the rear first or you won't have saw bar links ready to go for the front. Can you jack up one side front and/or rear at same time and support frame with jack stands, or does it need to be all rear then all front? How about just one corner at a time? Sorry for all the questions.
You can complete it in a day, but with no experience it may take you the better part of it. You are going to have to do front or rear at the same time. You need to droop the axle to get the new springs in. You won't be able to do that if you try to work on just one side or a corner at a time. I think I did the rear first because of the end link thing but you could easily do the front first and just leave the end links for last.

I would check out the [Banned Site] (Way of Life) video of the install. That one seems to be the most thorough. The directions don't mention it, but I did loosen the track bars at the axle. The only trouble I had was with the rear. I needed a friend to push down on the axle to get the springs in. If you don't have anyone to help, you may need to unbolt the e-brake lines from the tub to get the axle to droop more.

SInce it sounds like you've never done this before, you should pay close attention to jacking up the jeep and placing it on the jack stands. Be safe. Take your time.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. Good advice on Jack stands. Can you tell me the best place to put them? I would guess the frame rail just in front of the rear tires or just rear of the front tires?

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Thank you. Good advice on Jack stands. Can you tell me the best place to put them? I would guess the frame rail just in front of the rear tires or just rear of the front tires?
Yes, right where the frame straitens out behind/in front of the wheels. I have jack stands that have a flat pad on top. I like those a lot better for placing under frames. Don't forget wheel chocks too.

Last edited:

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Got chocks!

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question of the day time!

I have a JLUR. I understand this lift will provide a TRUE 2” unlike Mopar where people are reporting anywhere from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2”.....& this is why Dynatrac says no need to fiddle w/castor and LCA’s. I love this idea!

If the Rubi owner replaces their factory Rubi suspension (people who toss these on Sports/Sahara’s report 1-1-5” of height) than wouldn’t the Rubi only be gaining 1” to 1/2” of total height with this kit?

Go easy on me, I haven’t lifted a Jeep or worked on one since my ‘99 XJ which was 16+ years ago.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Another question: are the guys reporting better steering driving Sports/Sahara, Rubi’s or both?

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question of the day time!

I have a JLUR. I understand this lift will provide a TRUE 2” unlike Mopar where people are reporting anywhere from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2”.....& this is why Dynatrac says no need to fiddle w/castor and LCA’s. I love this idea!

If the Rubi owner replaces their factory Rubi suspension (people who toss these on Sports/Sahara’s report 1-1-5” of height) than wouldn’t the Rubi only be gaining 1” to 1/2” of total height with this kit?

Go easy on me, I haven’t lifted a Jeep or worked on one since my ‘99 XJ which was 16+ years ago.
I assume the Rubicon will get 2” because of how the springs are dialed in, just want to cover my bases. Correct me if I’m wrong, is this the only suspension kit (non spacer lift) to provide a true 2”? The other big names all advertise 2.5” and Mopars 2” isn’t 2”....
Sponsored