Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues!

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
If you’re reading through these post, you’ve probably have done a fair amount or will be doing a fair amount of research figuring out the best lift for you. I did the same. Ranging from Rancho, to Icon, Teraflex, AEV and of course RK and MC. From what I gathered, you won’t go wrong with any of these; especially the latter ones.

Price was a factor. Spending $3K+ wasn’t going to happen.

Height was a real factor…I didn’t want a 3”+ lift…at least not now :)

Ride quality played serious role as I didn’t want a jarring or even a coarse ride on or off road. But it did need to handle up to moderate+ trails and have solid on road manners.

The Dynatrac lift seemed to check all the boxes and I gave it a go. I have about 4K miles on the lift so far…here are my thoughts:

Installation: Other than them sending the wrong rear link nuts to go with the bolts which meant I had to stop mid-install to run up to the hardware store, installing the kit is pretty straight forward. Like all projects, make sure you have all the right tools and, if you have it…a good impact wrench is really nice to have, though not necessary.

The Ride: as pretty much everyone on this thread, other threads, or other sites have called out…it’s a seriously good riding lift. Like most of what you’ll read…this is subjective but it 100% met my expectations.

Height came in right at the 2” mark that I wanted (it's a Rubicon). I did have a slight list to the passenger side, which is fairly common with JL’s…some have ¼ inch, some closer to ¾. I ended up putting a Teraflex ½ inch spacer (their leveling kit) in the rear passenger after the original install…the top bolt is a pain…and taking out the rear twice wasn’t ideal. Though, much easier the 2nd time!

Offroad: Honestly, it’s been exceptional. I’ve run 6-8 (though the 8 was probably more like a mid 7) level trails though most have been 2-6 and it has far exceeded my expectations. After finishing the toughest section with a group last weekend, one of our spotters commented that it looked like the Jeep just floated down the rocks. It wasn’t driver’s skill ;)

Additional parts needed: the ½ inch spring spacer noted above for mine. Really none. My axles are barely off center. I’ll eventually upgrade the tack bar (and more…tie rod, drag link, stabilizer, then, then, then…it’s part of the fun), but it’s not needed. I did put on the Mopar lift front LCA’s 300 miles ago. Not because the lift needed it, but there’s enough post on the low caster on JL’s that it made an inexpensive and pretty quick improvement on steering. Getting to 190 ft lbs…tough, but not as bad as I expected. Adj. LCA’s would be better, but for $60…

I did get the dealer to put the TSB “upgraded” track bar on last week…I think it may have made a little difference, but not as much as the LCA’s. Again, the lift didn’t change the way my Jeep steered and mine wasn't too bad to begin with.

Service: They Dynatrac folks were OK to good. They were nice when I reached out with questions, fairly willing/able to provide answers. Far from bad, but not stellar. @Quadratec on the other hand just flat out provides outstanding customer service. I bought it with them using the forum discount and Rob Windle over there has been incredibly responsive on the lift and everything else I’ve thrown at him.

I’m running 35’s now (SST’s) and may go to 37’s in the future which may necessitate changing to a little larger bump stops, though that is not proven to be needed and others are running 37’s with this lift.

Long story long…I’ll sum it up this way. If I could get my wife to buy a 2 Door Diesel when they finally come out (if it came in a manual, it would be lock, then I’d have the best of both worlds!), this is the lift I would put on hers.
Sponsored

Dano

First Name
Dano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Rubicon
Anyone got pics of this lift with 37” ko2s preferably on a jlur?

A little late, but here's a pic of my Jeep before I switched to coilovers. On my KMC beadlocks, the 37 KO2's measure out to 35.1". Nothing but good things to say about the Dynatrac lift.

61601068_10219447690571229_4925612612680417280_n.jpg

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
So guys that have the lean to passenger side, are you adding a spacer to the front and rear passenger side, or just the rear? I’m looking at this kit for my 2 door Rubicon.

Sponsored

Krawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Do they all lean? Is this they way it was designed?
The Mopar kit has springs designed for each side of the Jeep -- I believe to compensate for the weight of the fuel tank (and other differences). So you won't get any "lean" with the Mopar kit. The other kits typically use the same spring for left/right side installation.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
The lean is highly overrated. It is very fluid (pun intended) because it is caused by the weight of the gas being on one side of the vehicle. It changes as you burn the gas. It is almost always imperceptible but it gives OCD guys like me something to worry about and buy more parts to fix it.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So guys that have the lean to passenger side, are you adding a spacer to the front and rear passenger side, or just the rear? I’m looking at this kit for my 2 door Rubicon.
Hey @UKCATS , as @Hayseed_JLUR calls out and you know, the fuel tank as well as two battery's and let's face it, the weight of the spare tire all place weight on the passenger side. I'll admit to being almost OCD and have checked several Jeeps on the dealer lot when dropping off for warranty work...they all have some level of listing to the passenger side from what I found. Though I wouldn't notice some of those without a tape measure.

I put a 1/2 spacer on the passenger rear only - I have the spacers for the front, but I wanted to see what the rear one would do first. Figure I can always pull it apart at my next tire rotation to put the front on if needed.

So...I filled up earlier today and with virtually a full tank I'm about 1/8" off in the front and 1/4 in the rear. I'm going to hold off putting the front spacer on for now. Maybe down the road after summer is over to see if that helps or just makes the front passenger higher than the driver ;). I do have the factory steel bumpers and a winch. With the current difference, it is not easy to see the lean.

My nickles worth...measure it now. If you're off by a 1/2" or more, go ahead and put the spacer on the front and back passenger side (if you're off that much for both) or just the one that is off by that much or more. The factory springs are taller on the passenger side, so I wasn't sure, but the Dynatrac lift held the original gap. Chalk that up to what are potentially better springs.

if you end up using the Teraflex spacer in the back, let me know and I'll give you some tips I learned that may make it easier.

Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How'd it do?
This is the trail where one of the spotters said it looked like the Jeep just floated over everything. Any stock Jeep is impressive off road and I did a fair amount prior to installing this lift. The performance and confidence only improved after the lift. Plus, a lot less scraping :like:

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is the trail where one of the spotters said it looked like the Jeep just floated over everything. Any stock Jeep is impressive off road and I did a fair amount prior to installing this lift. The performance and confidence only improved after the lift. Plus, a lot less scraping :like:
Excellent to hear. Is that Dickey Bell?

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You nailed it! It is Dicky Bell! You're familiar with Uwharrie?
Oh I wish. We’re planning a BOH trail trip next summer hitting Windrock, Uwharrie, then up to Peters Mill Run. Looks like we can get 5 badges. I have watched a ton of YouTube videos of Dickey Bell and your pics looked familiar.

And sorry to all for derailing the thread. Here’s my before/after pics after my driveway install:

4AFF5154-FDAE-47C6-826F-F230DB1D643A.jpeg

231C0D17-5B61-4B29-A985-DBF8EC4D5EAD.jpeg

broncoguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford Bronco, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Realtor
Looks great! You running 35's?

Oh I wish. We’re planning a BOH trail trip next summer hitting Windrock, Uwharrie, then up to Peters Mill Run. Looks like we can get 5 badges. I have watched a ton of YouTube videos of Dickey Bell and your pics looked familiar.

And sorry to all for derailing the thread. Here’s my before/after pics after my driveway install:

4AFF5154-FDAE-47C6-826F-F230DB1D643A.jpeg

231C0D17-5B61-4B29-A985-DBF8EC4D5EAD.jpeg
Sponsored