Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Who is ready for some seriously stout axles?

Dynatrac Elite 60/80 axle sets for the JL is an easy way to gain some serious BEEF under your Jeep and Northridge4x4 has these in stock ready to ship. Why wait for months to get a set of custom axles? We can get you set-up now!

These come ready to bolt into your JL or JLU with 5.38 gears and ARB Air Lockers. Perfect for those wanting some big rubber for those big trails.

Dynatrac-JLEL-3X3002-C.jpg

Description:
Dynatrac is the recognized leader in high-end axle assembles, ARB is the recognized high-end selectable locker, put them together and you have some serious axles.

The ProRock XD60/80 Axle Set™ is for Jeep Wrangler JL owners who will not settle for anything less than the very best drivetrain durability, quality and extreme performance for running tires in diameters from 37- to 44-inches. If you are a highly experienced and skilled off-road driver who regularly engages in very technical off-roading with their friends and family, you enjoy taking on the hardest trails and the most difficult and challenging obstacles, this is the Axle Set for you.

The ProRock XD60/80 Axle Set is designed specifically for large JL builds with very large tires, high-performance engine swaps, superchargers, high-torque diesel engine swaps, deep gear reduction and transfer case ratios numerically higher than 4:1.

ProRock XD60® Front Axle
  • Dynatrac exclusive patented ProRock® nodular-iron, high-pinion ProRock XD60® centersection with bearing bores to handle oversize pinion and carrier bearings for elite housing rigidity.

• More ground clearance than any other axle housing in its class.

• 3.75-inch diameter, variable wall thickness, lightweight, chromoly tubing has the highest strength-to-weight ratio compared to any other light-truck axle on the market.

• Dynatrac exclusive Dual-Sump High Volume™ (DSHV) oiling system to ensure the outer pinion bearing is never without lubrication.

• Dynatrac-exclusive U.S.-made forged, double-heat-treated 1550 35-spline axleshaft assemblies. These are the best shafts in the industry and are capable of up to 50-degree turning angles.

• Our new 1550 LT® high-strength, lightweight, military-grade, aluminum knuckles are loaded with our best set of Dynatrac HD BallJoints™ yet. These are the last balljoints you’ll ever need, and are designed with larger stems and bodies for long life and high durability with big tires.

• Forged 4140, heat-treated, fixed spindles and serviceable wheel bearings support tires up to 44 inches.

• No other 4x4 front axle offers the ease of steering, lowscrub radius, effective Ackermann angle and high steering linkage positioning.

• Includes Dynatrac high capacity 13.25-inch brake upgrade with new dual-piston front calipers and vented rotors.

• Includes our latest integrated track bar and ram-assist steering mounting package.

• Includes new HD tie rod, integral steering arm, new Dynatrac DHD™ drag-link sleeve, control arm bushings, CNC laser-cut HD suspension brackets, all professionally welded and installed.

• Includes DynaLoc™ locking hubs. DynaLoc hubs are over 3 times stronger than all other locking hubs on the market.

• Comes with an ARB Air Locker and 5.38 gears.

ProRock 80™ Full-Float Rear Axle
  • Dynatrac ProRock 80™ nodular-iron, standard-cut, high-rigidity housing promotes ring-and-pinion gear durability for the biggest JL and 4x4 builds.

• Dynatrac patented best-in-class ProRock® ground clearance. The ProRock 80™ has better ground clearance than any other axle housing made for 10.25-inch-and-larger ring-gear diameters.

• Industry-leading 4-inch-diameter, variable wall thickness, lightweight, chromoly tubing that has the highest strength-to-weight ratio when compared to any other light-truck axle on the market.

• Dynatrac 40-spline, full-floating wheel ends with heat-treated 4140 fixed spindles, high-capacity wheel bearings and Dynatrac’s exclusive 12-bolt flanged floater wheel hubs with O-ring seals.

• All ProRock 80s are equipped with Dynatrac U.S.-made forged, heat-treated, 40-spline, full-floating 4340 alloy-steel shafts.

• Rock-proof nodular-iron Dynatrac diff cover included.

• All HD suspension brackets are CNC laser-cut and professionally welded and installed, including a multiple-position track-bar bracket for long-travel suspension tuning.
  • Comes with an ARB Air Locker and 5.38 gears.
Check them out here: Dynatrac ELITE 60/80 axle set for the JL/JLU with 5.38 gears and ARB Air Lockers.
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
:surprised:

I'm seeing that I will need to keep buying the Lotto tickets. A new 4 door Jeep, with 6.4L Hemi, coilovers, and these awesome axles will be north of $100k. :fingerscrossed:

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Dynatrac Elite 60/80 axle sets for the JL is an easy way to gain some serious BEEF under your Jeep and Northridge4x4 has these in stock ready to ship. Why wait for months to get a set of custom axles? We can get you set-up now!

Check them out here: Dynatrac ELITE 60/80 axle set for the JL/JLU with 5.38 gears and ARB Air Lockers.
It seems the forum consensus for JLR/JLUR/JTR with the stock dana44 you can safely go 37". What can these really safely go? 42"? The advert states:

for running tires in diameters from 37- to 44-inches.

[EDIT UPDATE]
Looks like 42's OK. See https://www.dynatrac.com/blog/dynatrac-code1-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-build/

I'm seeing that I will need to keep buying the Lotto tickets. A new 4 door Jeep, with 6.4L Hemi, coilovers, and these awesome axles will be north of $100k. :fingerscrossed:
Why do you need/want a V8 for crawling? Even with the Hemi, it's not a race car.

You can get a 2021 Ruby at https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com/ for less than $50K. These axles + wheels/rims < $30K

Last edited:

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
It seems the forum consensus for JLR/JLUR/JTR with the stock dana44 you can safely go 37". What can these really safely go? 42"? The advert states:

for running tires in diameters from 37- to 44-inches.
I am no expert but would speculate that 44" tires is for street driving. Folks who put hellcat engines and 40" tires snapped their stock axles doing wheelies in fields. Lots of folks have posted how they've done trails like the Rubicon on Dana30 axles and such, so maybe the thicker axles are needed for long-term life with dropping down from rocks or torsional stress

eta: stock axles on 40s snapped

Last edited:

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Why do you need/want a V8 for crawling? Even with the Hemi, it's not a race car.

You can get a 2021 Ruby at https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com/ for less than $50K. These axles + wheels/rims < $30K
Back from the dead...

I would love a V8. Power and low end torque helps motivate in loose terrain. Ever try getting up into the dunes? Not everyone is trying to race vettes on the streets. Some may just want the V8 for the lovely music it brings.

But there are newer threads already full of the V8 debate. This one is highlighting @Northridge4x4 and the Dynatrac options they have.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

These would be sweet. I will be upgrading to 60’s as soon as my warranty is out. It does not take a bigger engine to snap the stock 44’s. Sometimes just a little wheel spin off road that catches can snap them. The front 44 is also known to bend. After you truss, re-gear, and put in new shafts, you already have 5k into the stock axles. I figure I can sell my stock rubicon axels for 4K. Makes a new set of 15-19k axles not seem so bad.
I am fortunate enough to have the time to wheel fairly frequently and want to go to 40’s and not have to worry about the axles at all. I will probably throw a supercharger in at some point as well so would need to jump up to 60’s anyway.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. The front 44 is also known to bend.
Not the upgraded d44 on the JLR. True on the JKR, that's why they made them almost 50% stiffer or the JLR.
tube strength goes up as the fourth power, and it is called Moment of Inertia, or Inertial Stiffness:
3.14159265 Ă— (D4 - d4) Ă· 64
or 46% stiffer on the new d44s

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Not the upgraded d44 on the JLR. True on the JKR, that's why they made them almost 50% stiffer or the JLR.
tube strength goes up as the fourth power, and it is called Moment of Inertia, or Inertial Stiffness:
3.14159265 Ă— (D4 - d4) Ă· 64
or 46% stiffer on the new d44s
I wheel with a 2019 JLR and a 2018 JLUR and they both bent their front D44's. One was running 37" MTR's and the other was running 38" Pats. We wheel some fairly tough stuff, but
Plus you get 1,399 chances to win the next giveaway! I am in Aurora, maybe I will have to head up there and get this installed along with the 60/80 Dana's, Maybe a package deal for $50k? That would get me over 2500 chances to win!

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Unfortunately our Colorado store is no longer.

Our SLC store is your next closest location or you could always come out to the main Headquarters in WA and hang out with us for a few days....

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Unfortunately our Colorado store is no longer.

Our SLC store is your next closest location or you could always come out to the main Headquarters in WA and hang out with us for a few days....
Oh no! Where is the one in WA located? I lived in Woodinville for 20 years.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation