Status
Not open for further replies.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Bingo, that is real world Jeep stuff.

To me "Real world" jeep stuff are the items that the majority of consumers will purchase and can afford to do to their Jeeps considering they already spent a premium on the Jeep itself. To say overland rigs (and I dont mean a slightly modified Rubicon that a family takes "overlanding" for 3 days) built to this extreme level are "Real world" rigs is just not believable to me. Its great they can and did build it, but IMO its ugly (except the color I do like) and not a practical purchase for the majority of folks.
Bingo, these things are to sell few magazines (in the old days, yes I am old enough to remember :P), or clicks on a web page.

Its also fun to look at some of the off road racing vehicles, after a bit you realize they have a custom 200k suspension and crew to tweak it constantly.

I built up a big 76 chevy pickup in the early 80s, it was bad arsed, but the down side was it got like 4 miles per gallon and a drive on the highway to go wheeling would make you feel like you were gonna pee blood for a week.

I guess I am spoiled, I wanna do everything with my new jeep, oceans, beach, drive along ocean, mountains, rivers, on and off road. Top off all sumer, kayaks and dogs piled in and ice chests... Its gotta be great on and off road, great in sun with top off, great in snow with top on. (damn I cant wait, gonna start drooling lol)
Sponsored

OP
OP

cbasil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
For anyone complaining about this not being "Practical" do you even watch Dirt Every Day? This isn't built to showcase parts for the JL, sure that comes along with it, but Dirt Every Day is a show. They're going for insane builds to attract excitement, not to showcase bumpers and skid plates for the average guy lol.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I think what they have done is amazing. Are 99.9% of Jeep drivers going to go this far no, but it sure does put Dynatrac on my radar(Not that I can afford $10k+ axles after dumping 40k+ on a new JL, but I will be watching their progress.) If another vendor put out a nice 3" lift kit for the JL sure I would consider it for my personal Jeep, but would it be something I show off to my friends that know nothing about Jeeps probably not. I guarantee they would all all think this JL is awesome regardless of how impracticable it might be on a daily basis.
I don't think they built this with "street" driving in mind, so those worried about getting rocks thrown in their windshield b/c the tires stick out so far shouldn't....

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
East Coasters seem to have a short sided view of things.
Here in Arizona beefed up and replaced axles are quit normal. I see lots of Jeeps with trusses and 1 ton axles.
I guess we actually use our Jeeps instead of just cruising to the mall or being a grocery getter.
My jeep is all built up and it like many here get driven to the playgrounds we visit.
I would hop into my Jeep and drive it anywhere, you guys that say you are going to be beat up and piss blood after driving somewhere don't have a clue what is available for lifts and driveline parts.
I take regular 3000, 4000, and 5000 mile trips in my Jeep. I get out feel fine, get up the next day and I'm ready to go with no pains.
Is it Mercedes comfortable, no but it's damn close to Silverado comfortable and it will go anywhere.

Sponsored

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Did they have to cut the crash bar for the bumper? That is a really tight fit, and I like it, but I don't want to cut anything.
Im not sure if they had to trim anything. I dont remember any posts saying they had to.

ALASHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler
On the JK anything electric is tied into the CAN bus which meant unless you used an aftermarket controller like an AEV procal you were going to wind up sending your Jeep into limp mode (this was the primary reason hemi conversions and super chargers took so long to come out). Theoretically Jeep would have done the same with the JL and by removing the disconnect it should trigger a conflict.
In the case of superchargers, it wasnt so much that everything was tied to the canbus as it was no one being able to crack the factory tuning and then Jeep encrypting the ECU
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.