DV8 Tire Carrier - TCJL-01

loganbsummers

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler 4 Dr, 2018 on order
I didn’t run into that, I am running 18x9 Fuel Wheels and 35x12.50s, everything bolted up just fine, if you can’t fit your brake light on there maybe look at one of the brake light rings? That way you don’t have to worry about the clearance issues? :P
Are you running the stock wheels or aftermarket? The backspacing on my wheels pushed it out enough that I didn’t have any issues.
Stock wheels. I could use a center mount brake light, but there is still the issue of the carrier rubbing on the backside of the wheel, and the gap between the wheel mount and the wheel.

I'm glad it's working for you but at some point, for me, it seems like there's a better solution than to use a carrier that "should" work without issues and work-arounds, but doesn't.
Sponsored

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK Unlimited, 2018 JLUR (Black), 2018 JLUR (Red)
I didn’t run into that, I am running 18x9 Fuel Wheels and 35x12.50s, everything bolted up just fine, if you can’t fit your brake light on there maybe look at one of the brake light rings? That way you don’t have to worry about the clearance issues? :P
Are you running the stock wheels or aftermarket? The backspacing on my wheels pushed it out enough that I didn’t have any issues.
You are correct. So the factory wheels are a very high offset (around +44) so like most JK tire carriers, if you are running the factory wheels, you do have to run a spacer to allow for fitment.

darwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
installed the carrier over the weekend and having the same 2 complaints as everyone else

1) missing hinge bolts
2) rear camera housing too long

other than that the carrier is great for the money. came from a smittybilt adapter plate that jiggled over every little bump to a now solid carrier that doesnt make my 3.5 backspacing wheel stick out a foot. feels no different opening and closing the tailgate as before 17x9 37s

152D3FDE-CBCF-48EE-B858-68901BDD9987.jpeg

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
installed the carrier over the weekend and having the same 2 complaints as everyone else

1) missing hinge bolts

other than that the carrier is great for the money. came from a smittybilt adapter plate that jiggled over every little bump to a now solid carrier that doesnt make my 3.5 backspacing wheel stick out a foot. feels no different opening and closing the tailgate as before 17x9 37s

The Camera mount is being resolved. In about two weeks I should have a replacement piece that will better fit the camera available at no charge. As for the hinge bolts I do apologize about that. If you are ever missing any hardware please let us know and we are happy to either supply sizes if preferred or the missing bolts at no charge!

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

1) missing hinge bolts

Hey, could you please confirm that your wheel BS is 3.5" ?
Trying to see if my 4.5" BS wheel will fit as it will be 1" closer the the tailgate.

Thx.

Sponsored

Chuck M

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JL Rubicon
Were you able to install the tire carrier or get a PM from @DV8Offorad? I was planning on purchasing one for myself but not if they won't fit. I guess I will wait and see what happens...
I did get a PM from Brandon at DV8. They have posted instructions in this thread and I'm waiting on additional hardware to be shipped to me. sorry for the reply delay. Been out of range for a little while.

loganbsummers

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler 4 Dr, 2018 on order
Got a wheel spacer and installed the carrier. Agree with others on this thread -- the carrier is a good deal financially, and it looks good. OEM brake light is nice and snug to the top of the 34" tire I have on it. The tire sits nice and close to the bumper and doesn't sit far out from the door itself. All in all, I am satisfied with it.

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Got a wheel spacer and installed the carrier. Agree with others on this thread -- the carrier is a good deal financially, and it looks good. OEM brake light is nice and snug to the top of the 34" tire I have on it. The tire sits nice and close to the bumper and doesn't sit far out from the door itself. All in all, I am satisfied with it.

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg
Nice. How thick is the spacer you used?

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
1 5/8"
I'll happily sell you the 2nd of the pair I got...
: )
Lol. Thx I just want to see if my 4.5" BS wheel would fit. If I did the math right, you are at 4.5 now. 6.25(stock BS) -1.625 (spacer)= 4.5 (nee BS)

It will fit perfectly :like:

Sponsored

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For all those who need them, I now how the correct camera housing available! PM me for it!