DV8 Tire Carrier - TCJL-01

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

D’oh

Hello there, I am writing you to inform you that the part/parts that you ordered from us are on back order or discontinued from the manufactuer. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I will be happy to see about getting you into something else. Thank you so much for your patieince, have a great day!

Jgerrells

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
@DV8Offroad Are these hitting stores soon? Super interested in this carrier, they look great. Just wanting to run my spare without worrying about tailgate damage. Thanks!!

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Are these made in China like my DV8 bumper is?

Sponsored

pbeshear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
jUST FINISH

Just finished the first batch and they are shipping out to customers!
@DV8Offroad I just received my tire carrier, but it did not come with a single instruction or any info about how to install. How do I deal with the door vents that stick out? The spacers aren’t long enough to get past it, and even if I do the door hinge bolts aren’t long to hold anything. Are there any videos to help with this?

Jgerrells

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
@DV8Offroad I just received my tire carrier, but it did not come with a single instruction or any info about how to install. How do I deal with the door vents that stick out? The spacers aren’t long enough to get past it, and even if I do the door hinge bolts aren’t long to hold anything. Are there any videos to help with this?
Did you get your tire carrier on? Does it seem to get the job done?

Chuck M

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JL Rubicon
Are these made in China like my DV8 bumper is?
Yes, They are. I just received mine in the mail last week. haven't had a chance to mount it yet, but did look over the parts. No Mounting instructions included.

Chuck M

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JL Rubicon
Ditto for me......

MItwenty18JL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara, Grand Cherokee Overland, MINI Convertible S
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto for me......
Were you able to install the tire carrier or get a PM from @DV8Offorad? I was planning on purchasing one for myself but not if they won't fit. I guess I will wait and see what happens...

Sponsored

pbeshear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Did you get your tire carrier on? Does it seem to get the job done?
The tire carrier is on, but not without it’s fair share of issues. After the install was complete I really like the carrier and the look, but I am still going to have to do some work to get the camera working properly. Currently it sits too deep in the mount housing and cuts off part of the display. I’ll post a picture later.

FC69A910-3F72-44AE-BCF5-9CF3668145C0.jpeg

pbeshear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Were you able to install the tire carrier or get a PM from @DV8Offorad? I was planning on purchasing one for myself but not if they won't fit. I guess I will wait and see what happens...
I did get a PM from them, but not until Monday which didn’t help me much. The instructions that @DV8Offroad posted answered all of my questions, if only they had come in the box. The only other issue was the 4 door hinge bolts were missing, so I had to go buy bolts to replace the missing parts.

pbeshear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
This is the issue with the camera. I am either going to have to modify the factory portion of the camera mount or the hole it looks through I guess. The annoying part is I will have to take most of the mount apart to work on it again.

126540BE-C33C-4661-82B1-7CAB724D6FCD.jpeg

MItwenty18JL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara, Grand Cherokee Overland, MINI Convertible S
Vehicle Showcase
This is the issue with the camera. I am either going to have to modify the factory portion of the camera mount or the hole it looks through I guess. The annoying part is I will have to take most of the mount apart to work on it again.

126540BE-C33C-4661-82B1-7CAB724D6FCD.jpeg
Thank you for the info! That is good to know.
Sponsored