Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I really want to know how far they stick out from the body. I hate it when the steps/sliders are covered in snow, slush, or mud and I hit my leg on it...
I can get you a picture of how far they stick out.
Sponsored

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Sting Gray
I have them mounted as well. @Wwsowell do me a favor when you have a chance...I want to see if yours are the same as mine in terms of fitment. On both sides the back by the side door, can you tell me if your rail is hugging the body so hard that it's actually resting above the pinch seam? If i look at the middle and front bolt, the housing part is not resting on the pinch seam. I can take photos tonight as well...I can see on the driver side that it's starting to rust with being on for only three weeks now. @DV8Offroad can you also confirm that this is suppose to be this way. The passenger side bolt I can't keep tight for the life of me. I took it back to the shop twice now to have them tighten it back up. When I go over a bump I can hear it bang against the pinch seam and it's loud as well. Back to the shop again I suppose.

IMG_20190308_074129.jpg
Mine look to be the same on both sides, 1st 2 picks are passenger rear, and other 2 pucs are passenger front

20190329_135113.jpg

20190329_135120.jpg

20190329_135142.jpg

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine look to be the same on both sides, 1st 2 picks are passenger rear, and other 2 pucs are passenger front

20190329_135113.jpg

20190329_135120.jpg

20190329_135142.jpg
Ok so your rails do touch the pinch seam in back as well. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. Thank you!

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so your rails do touch the pinch seam in back as well. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. Thank you!
Now I put those on and a 1.5" teraflex level, if I drive over a rough spot I hear knocking. I haven't pin pointed the noise yet. It's coming from the rear and is worse with weight in the rear. Everything with suspension seems tight but I'm thinking about taking the rails off and seeing if it goes away. Describe your noise?

Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now I put those on and a 1.5" teraflex level, if I drive over a rough spot I hear knocking. I haven't pin pointed the noise yet. It's coming from the rear and is worse with weight in the rear. Everything with suspension seems tight but I'm thinking about taking the rails off and seeing if it goes away. Describe your noise?
Yep same for me as well. If you go around and shake them...for me the rear passenger side bolt seems loose. I can move it just a little bit. Let me know if you hear the same noise with them off.

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep same for me as well. If you go around and shake them...for me the rear passenger side bolt seems loose. I can move it just a little bit. Let me know if you hear the same noise with them off.
Ok dude, I got them off. I haven't really had a chance to drive a lot and see if it went away. So give me a couple days and I'll report back. I haven't heard the knocking/rattling in the few miles I've driven so far! Mine always felt solid, but the noise was frustrating as hell and more pronounced with weight in the back.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok dude, I got them off. I haven't really had a chance to drive a lot and see if it went away. So give me a couple days and I'll report back. I haven't heard the knocking/rattling in the few miles I've driven so far! Mine always felt solid, but the noise was frustrating as hell and more pronounced with weight in the back.
I went a head and added a washer to the passenger rear bolts and the rattle went away.

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went a head and added a washer to the passenger rear bolts and the rattle went away.
Yeah, mine completely went away upon removal. I'm going to try to sell them and get something with a little more step for my wife. I live the looks but that rattle freaking wore me out!

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 73 CJ5, 07 Electra Glide
So I ended up getting the rails also ANNNNND now I’m getting the same knocking sound you guys were talking about. Except mine is on the drivers side. In my opinion it is due to the fact the rail is touching the pinch seem. From what I’m guessing, it is because the rails are mounted to the frame and the body has a rubber spacer. Therefore when we hit bumps the body it bounced into the solid rocker rail.

Sponsored

Mdhadel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Really glad I found this thread. I just installed these on our JLUR and experienced this exact thing. Mostly the driver side but also a little bit on the passenger side (I think).

Also noticing a trend of Sting Gray with DV8 sliders!

1691F66A-23E0-4B49-87F9-5D87EFC1BC1B.jpeg

9DE49E62-CCD1-41F1-A594-E79BC24335BF.jpeg

Mdhadel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I’ll be adding washers to the rear mounts later this week or weekend. Hopefully it will get rid of the knocking sounds.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be adding washers to the rear mounts later this week or weekend. Hopefully it will get rid of the knocking sounds.
It should...added two washers to the passenger rear side and knocking went away for me.

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 73 CJ5, 07 Electra Glide
I added washers to mine, knocking went away. Just remember to check the bolt tightness from time to time.

Mdhadel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
It should...added two washers to the passenger rear side and knocking went away for me.
Did you add two washers per bolt or just one washer for each of the two bolts on the rear mount?
Sponsored