Sponsored

DV8 LED headlights should arrive tomorrow !

herbhall1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
UPS should be dropping off my DV8 LED's for my 2021 Sahara Unlimited, tomorrow. I am only hooking up the headlights and not the halos. Question: this will be my first time using my Tazer JL Mini. After I change the settings from STD to LED headlights can I remove the Tazer or do I have to leave it hooked up ? I'm a bit nervous (obviously !) making changes to my new (i.e. expensive) vehicle.
Sponsored

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer only needs to stay on the vehicle if you want the live functions to work. Otherwise it can be removed after you program it and reboot.

OP
OP

herbhall1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Tazer only needs to stay on the vehicle if you want the live functions to work. Otherwise it can be removed after you program it and reboot.
Great ! Thanks for the quick reply.

OP
OP

herbhall1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I was able to change the headlight setting to LED. However the reboot stuck at 149.

I backed out of the program and now I have no 8.4 screen and the compass has no display?

I sent a note Z automotive. Waiting to hear back.

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
I’m not a DV8 expert but from what I’ve read these LEDs are plug and play with the existing halogens. I infer that they are CANBUS compatible and that messing with a Tazer isn’t required. I think you need to reset your Tazer to factory settings and let the CANBUS work itself out for the next 24 hours.

I purposely bought the Oracle Switchbacks as they are CANBUS compatible. I didn’t want to get involved with Tazer or JScan. No disrespect to either, but software is my Achilles heel.

Sponsored

OP
OP

herbhall1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not a DV8 expert but from what I’ve read these LEDs are plug and play with the existing halogens. I infer that they are CANBUS compatible and that messing with a Tazer isn’t required. I think you need to reset your Tazer to factory settings and let the CANBUS work itself out for the next 24 hours.

I purposely bought the Oracle Switchbacks as they are CANBUS compatible. I didn’t want to get involved with Tazer or JScan. No disrespect to either, but software is my Achilles heel.
i umarried the Tazer and removed it and plugged the cables back into the SGW. Bad idea. The screen and compass came back but multiple lights and buzzers went off and killed the battery.

so I reconnected the Tazer and got a boost.
I’ll wait to hear back from Z technologies before I try anything else!!!

OP
OP

herbhall1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
updated firmware when I got back home. Reinstalled and was able to reboot. So far everything is working as it should.
Sponsored