Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwant2poop

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sport, 2002 Grand Cherokee (Sold)
Hello Dv8 team!

I really like your product and would like some information about it,

What's the difference between the FS-15 and the FS-13?

Can you tell me more about the quality of your powder coat on the FS-15? Some of my club member here in Quebec have wrong opinion about it and I want to tell them the opposite!

And last question, if i have the LED option on my JL Rubicon 4 doors, does they fit in the FS-15 bumper?

Thanks a lot and keep your great works on the product!
Also interested in the answers to these questions @DV8Offroad, especially as to whether the steel bumper LED foglights will fit in or whether it's only the plastic bumper like most other aftermarket bumpers coming out. Thanks.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Also interested in the answers to these questions @DV8Offroad, especially as to whether the steel bumper LED foglights will fit in or whether it's only the plastic bumper like most other aftermarket bumpers coming out. Thanks.
A rep from DV8 told me the following: "They will fit, however the mounting is slightly different and will cause them to sit off-centered from what I have been told. We are developing an adapter for the light to be utilized on the JK bumpers."

When asking about an eta for the adapter I was told: "I don't just yet. I know I have them coming into production soon, but I am most likely looking at around 60 days currently. Just to make sure I let you know, you will still be able to mount and use them with the bumper."

OP
OP
DV8Offroad

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK Unlimited, 2018 JLUR (Black), 2018 JLUR (Red)
The hardrock, 10th Anniversary and from my assumption the new steel bumpers have the same mounts on the lights which will not work with the bumpers currently.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @DV8Offroad - what’s up with the comments/reviews on the Extreme Terrain site regarding compatibility with JLs?

Are these direct bolt on compatible, or is modification required?

https://www.extremeterrain.com/dv8-...per-w-fog-lights-2018-jl.html#customerReviews

Would like to buy but am turned off by possibly having to drill out larger holes - just don’t want to deal with any custom fab sort of work on this one.
I gave up on DV8. They were my first choice for a bumper but it’s like they quit caring. Seems like they would rather stick with the JK bumpers and make you work to get them installed. They kept saying they would have JL bumpers soon but I’m pretty sure it’s all smoke and mirrors. Definitely disappointed.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
It takes time, Sema coming soon should be a slug of JL stuff coming. 2 door JLs right now are really lacking alot of categories of items.

OP
OP
DV8Offroad

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @DV8Offroad - what’s up with the comments/reviews on the Extreme Terrain site regarding compatibility with JLs?

Are these direct bolt on compatible, or is modification required?

https://www.extremeterrain.com/dv8-...per-w-fog-lights-2018-jl.html#customerReviews

Would like to buy but am turned off by possibly having to drill out larger holes - just don’t want to deal with any custom fab sort of work on this one.
So for many of our bumpers that work on the JK and JL, we have a number of mixed reviews. While many have no issues and slip right on, some have ran into the need of having to elongate the hols on the mounting plates on the JL about 1/8".

OP
OP
DV8Offroad

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gave up on DV8. They were my first choice for a bumper but it’s like they quit caring. Seems like they would rather stick with the JK bumpers and make you work to get them installed. They kept saying they would have JL bumpers soon but I’m pretty sure it’s all smoke and mirrors. Definitely disappointed.
I am sorry to hear about this! With any new vehicle, we take a lot of time and care into our products. For the JLs, we do have many new designs that are coming out, and a couple that have been released (specifically for the JL). We want to focus on designing new products that will flow with the JL body, and also bring some new features along with it as well. Keep your eyes out as we will be bringing many new style, items, and products out for this model.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.