RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
greets -

looking for an aftermarket bumper for my JLUR; the FS-14 is really close to what I'm looking for (although to be honest I'd like that bumper in a 'full' width). I'd also like to match a rear bumper but haven't looked close for that yet

two quick questions
1. will this work on a JL? is there anything to modify when installing? I couldn't find any pictures of it on a JL either (we could put it on mine and take pictures for marketing!)
2. will the factory LED fog lights from the plastic bumper fit in this without modification? the whole fog light mounting fiasco by Mopar is silly; they should have stuck with one mount configuration

thanks!
Sponsored

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK Unlimited, 2018 JLUR (Black), 2018 JLUR (Red)
greets -

looking for an aftermarket bumper for my JLUR; the FS-14 is really close to what I'm looking for (although to be honest I'd like that bumper in a 'full' width). I'd also like to match a rear bumper but haven't looked close for that yet

two quick questions
1. will this work on a JL? is there anything to modify when installing? I couldn't find any pictures of it on a JL either (we could put it on mine and take pictures for marketing!)
2. will the factory LED fog lights from the plastic bumper fit in this without modification? the whole fog light mounting fiasco by Mopar is silly; they should have stuck with one mount configuration

thanks!
Hello,
So the FS-14 should fit. Along with majority of JK bumpers to the JL, majority of the time, elongating the hols on the JL about 1/8 is expected. I do have a image of the FS-14 on the JL. When it comes to the fog lights from the plastic bumper, they will fit, however I have been getting mixed information to where they will fit, and some saying they fit but they are off centered. We are taking a look into this, and if adapter plates are needed to align them, then this is something that we will make available shortly.
20180511_140507 (1) (1).jpg
20180511_140619 (2) (1).jpg
20180511_140458 (1) (1).jpg

OP
OP
RisingEagle

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
excellent - thanks much. the pictures help more than anything; if I have to replace the fog lights then it's not a big deal. it's been difficult to find a front bumper that presents a "full" front appearance as opposed to the airplane-wing look I've been seeing a lot of.

let me know if you hear anything definitive on the fog lights. now to figure out the best place to get one of these ordered

have a great weekend

Jesse_01

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jl, 06 tj
What about rear bumpers? Will majority of the JK rears fit on the JL?

Sponsored

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about rear bumpers? Will majority of the JK rears fit on the JL?
Sadly no, Jeep completely changed the rear mounting setup, so we have produced a new bumper because of this. We should be having some more new designs come out soon as well.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
"DV8": will the included instructions show how the attachment holes are to elongated (horizontally/vertically/etc.)? My DV8 front bumper is back ordered.

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"DV8": will the included instructions show how the attachment holes are to elongated (horizontally/vertically/etc.)? My DV8 front bumper is back ordered.
They do not, only since we have experienced some vehicle needing to be elongated, and some do not. So it does vary based on your vehicle and the bumper.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I just received a DV8 FS-10 front bumper and noticed that the fog light mounting cylinders have 4 equally spaced bolt holes to anchor
the fog light. The 2018 JL LED fog lights are anchored by two mounting tabs. Will the OEM LED lights fit the DV8 bumper?
If not, you mention an adapter plate. If needed, when will the plates be available?
A further question. The OEM fog lights sit roughly flush with the front of the bumper. The DV8 bumper fog light design puts the
fog lights deep within a steel cylinder. Will this cause the OEM fog light to act more as a spot light rather than a wide beam light?

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just received a DV8 FS-10 front bumper and noticed that the fog light mounting cylinders have 4 equally spaced bolt holes to anchor
the fog light. The 2018 JL LED fog lights are anchored by two mounting tabs. Will the OEM LED lights fit the DV8 bumper?
If not, you mention an adapter plate. If needed, when will the plates be available?
A further question. The OEM fog lights sit roughly flush with the front of the bumper. The DV8 bumper fog light design puts the
fog lights deep within a steel cylinder. Will this cause the OEM fog light to act more as a spot light rather than a wide beam light?
Between the halogen and LED lights as well as the steel and plastic bumpers, it appears that there are many different fog light mounts from Jeep. We are working on a plate that can accept factory mounts into our bumpers. As for the stock lights sitting flush, but having a pushed back design in our bumpers, this should effect the quality or pattern of the light.

Thank You
Sponsored