Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Wow....
Don't the doors and top come off JL's. I know they do. I don't even have to drive mine and it will have more dust then that just sitting in a dust storm.
Time to go to other dealer. Leave poor rating for them..
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
This isn't really new; I had both front seat belt retractors in my 97 TJ fail due to "dust" from off-roading with the top down.

Jeep at the time said they would replace them "once," only as a courtesy under warranty.

Gaxmode

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Give them a call, tell them to fix it under warranty, or the next person that calls will be a lawyer.
Unless you really plan to go through a lawyer, this is bad advice.

Once you drop the L word, FCA will cease talking to you and refer you to their attorneys.

OP
OP
TrillestSon

TrillestSon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey all.

Sorry for the very late update I have been really busy and still have such a sour taste in my mouth after the first service department that I did not even want to think about it. I am bringing it into a different dealer tomorrow morning and will update.

Jeep Cares did contact me and basically told me word for word what the service department had told them. I had to correct them on everything as the service department basically said to Jeep that I had flooded my vehicle up to and past the glove box. Unbelievable. Jeep recommended that I take it somewhere else. The new service department has heard nothing but horror stories from the first service department so they better fix it. The hvac module is dead. That's all there is to it. The module itself and all sensors attached to it failed all obdii codes. My automatic headlights are not working and the light sensor is actually attached to the hvac module. First service department wanted to charge me to track down and possibly replace every sensor. Again... unbelievable. Apparently the car would not start because the 'mechanic' failed to reattach my head unit and started the car. Again... unbelievable.

Jeep Cares said they have no way to reign in these practically criminal service departments which made me really regret buying an extended warranty. I still love my Jeep and hopefully will not be running with a broken AC forever. I will update when I hear back tomorrow. I really appreciate the (mostly) supportive comments in this thread.

OP
OP
TrillestSon

TrillestSon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Heard back from Walnut Creek CDJ (CA) and the AC module failed on its own just as I thought. Covered under warranty and I'm in a Ram 1500 Hemi until the part is delivered and installed on Friday. 4 day turnaround.

I'm writing to Jeep about this experience and how shady this first dealer was and how the second made it right. Also updating my case with Jeep Cares and contacting the owner of the first service department. Ridiculous that Jeep can have such huge disparity between service departments which cases so much stress for owners of their vehicles.

People drive from over a hour away just to get their Jeep serviced by the only competent dealer in the area, and that's if they are lucky enough to have a good one.

Hitting the white rim trail April 8-9th :D
Sponsored