Sponsored

Dust everywhere, is there any hope of keeping the engine bay clean?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
There is nothing in any engine bay that can't handle water or you wouldn't be able to drive vehicles in the rain. The problem that can arise with the use of pressure washers is that you can put out high enough pressure to blow water through seals if you are not careful. There's nothing wrong with hosing out your engine bay, or the careful use of a pressure washer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts, experiences, and opinions.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
There is nothing in any engine bay that can't handle water or you wouldn't be able to drive vehicles in the rain. The problem that can arise with the use of pressure washers is that you can put out high enough pressure to blow water through seals if you are not careful. There's nothing wrong with hosing out your engine bay, or the careful use of a pressure washer.
I totally agree. I’m a motorcyclist, and I power wash those as well. Along the lines of your point, you need to be careful around the axles for fear of water getting to the wheel bearing.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Simple green is a really good idea. Thanks
Supposedly, regular Simple Green can be corrosive on aluminum if left on too long. I always hose it off in less than 10 minutes after applying.

There is another version of Simple Green that is not aluminum corrosive. I bought some off Amazon and will use that after I use up the rest of my regular formula.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dust everywhere, is there any hope of keeping the engine bay clean? Screenshot_2020-10-01 AmazonSmile Simple Green Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner, 1 Gallo
Sponsored