Duratrac Tire Pressure

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I have a set of Duratrac 35's on my stock Rubicon rims. I have them at 32 lbs pressure. I noticed when pulling through the parking garage at work the other day that the outer lugs are not making contact. The tires were wet wind the dry garage was dusty. It was kind of like chalking the tires.

If you have this setup, what pressure do you run?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have a set of Duratrac 35's on my stock Rubicon rims. I have them at 32 lbs pressure. I noticed when pulling through the parking garage at work the other day that the outer lugs are not making contact. The tires were wet wind the dry garage was dusty. It was kind of like chalking the tires.

With the 7.5" wheel width you've got a pinch mount, this will tend to bow the tread block making the center wear quicker than the outer edges (like what you're seeing). You'll have to lower the pressure even more but wouldn't go too much lower, just have to deal w/ the center wearing out quicker IMO. Would consider going to 8.5" wide wheels if you aren't too far into those tires.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

I have mine on 8.5 rims and I am at 31 front and 27 rear. I was at at more like 33 all around and measured my tread depth 3 weeks ago and I was wearing more in the center so I went lower. I always do lower in the back because there is less weight on the back. Hopefully this new pressure will help it wear more evenly

OP
OP

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Thanks for the responses. I will probably look into wheels for the next set of tires. I will see how these wear. The stock rims aren't too bad looking so I will lower the pressure a bit more and see how it goes.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I was conflicted about the oem wheels bs getting new. I did like the oem a lot.
Sponsored