Durability of “optional” black wheels?

crashclay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I’m looking at purchasing a 2020 JLUR that includes the optional “17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Black Wheels with Machined Lip”. Since it’s going to be a bit before I do a lift, wheels, and tires I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the durability of these wheels...especially on the trails.

I’m not doing any crazy rock crawling, but these things strike me as magnets for road & trail rash. If they really are magnets, I’d prefer to get the dealer to swap them with my existing wheels (the “standard” Rubicon wheels off my 2018 JLUR).
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I’m looking at purchasing a 2020 JLUR that includes the optional “17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Black Wheels with Machined Lip”. Since it’s going to be a bit before I do a lift, wheels, and tires I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the durability of these wheels...especially on the trails.

I’m not doing any crazy rock crawling, but these things strike me as magnets for road & trail rash. If they really are magnets, I’d prefer to get the dealer to swap them with my existing wheels (the “standard” Rubicon wheels off my 2018 JLUR).
i had them for about a year. took them on quite a few trail runs. scratched up the "polished" lip and the black spokes as well. not TOO bad but they did get some rash. theyre just so flat. its going to happen.