Sponsored

Dumping factory fill. What oil is everyone running?

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
Wow, man, stop with the sales pitch. It's the main problem with Amsoil and it's been beaten to death. You win. You wore me out. I give. (I'm still not buying Amsoil, though.)

Btw, the video was interesting until the Amsoil snuck its ass into there. I should have known better.
No sales pitch. Just answering questions.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Signature Series AMSOIL is 25,000 normal miles, 15,000 severe miles or 1 year whichever comes first, in or out of factory warranty.

The other extended interval oils of Mobil 1 and Castrol are for fewer 20,000 or 15,000 normal miles up to 1 year and only applicable when your are out of warranty. It your are in the factory warranty period, you must follow the factory oil change intervals for normal or severe miles, which may be as low as 3,000 severe service miles or 3 months whichever is first.

So I had full factory and AMSOIL warranty with my motorhome and 15,000 mile severe service mile oil changes. Where with any other oil I would have to change at 3,000 miles to maintain OEM and oil warranty.

For Jeep owners, you need to follow the OLM to maintain oil and OEM warranty with any oil except AMSOIL, which you could immediately go to 25,000 normal miles, 15,000 severe service miles up to 1 year and still maintain factory and AMSOIL warranty.
Well, now I am going to go ahead and call bovine scatology. Running Amsoil will also void your Jeep OEM warranty if you are running it more than 10K miles and 350 hours; the limits are plain as day in the owner's manual. There is no special exception in the Jeep warranty (or any other vehicle manufacturer for that matter--including Ford) that stipulates except if you are running Amsoil. I will assume that you are referring to Amsoil's warranty which if you intend to prove their oil caused the failure, you had better have deep pockets and a lot of free time to be in court.

Prove me wrong by posting where in the Jeep warranty it states that running Amsoil for more than 10K miles or 350 hours is acceptable and that all warranties remain intact. Notice that I said the Jeep warranty not Amsoil's...and again there is nothing that SSO can do that M1 or Castrol cannot do cheaper.
JacYBe.jpg

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Signature Series AMSOIL is 25,000 normal miles, 15,000 severe miles or 1 year whichever comes first, in or out of factory warranty.

The other extended interval oils of Mobil 1 and Castrol are for fewer 20,000 or 15,000 normal miles up to 1 year and only applicable when your are out of warranty. If you are in the factory warranty period, you must follow the factory oil change intervals for normal or severe miles, which may be as low as 3,000 severe service miles or 3 months whichever is first.

So I had full factory and AMSOIL warranty with my motorhome and 15,000 mile severe service mile oil changes. Where with any other oil I would have to change at 3,000 miles to maintain OEM and oil warranty.

For Jeep owners, you need to follow the OLM to maintain oil and OEM warranty with any oil except AMSOIL, which you could immediately go to 25,000 normal miles, 15,000 severe service miles up to 1 year and still maintain factory and AMSOIL warranty.
tenor.gif

Technicality, but wrong. Amsoil will NOT maintain the OEM warranty. I know what you meant, but that's what you wrote in the sentence in your quote that I marked with bold lettering.

When you exceed the OLM, you are now letting Jeep off the hook and relying on Amsoil's warranty.

For someone so interested in protection of their engine as to buy expenive Amsoil, making that leap of faith just doesn't make any sense, IMO.

I know you've said you've never heard of Amsoil having to cover a warranty claim, but in this very thread someone had precisely that happen. So you've heard of it. You just ignored it.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
tenor.gif

Technicality, but wrong. Amsoil will NOT maintain the OEM warranty. I know what you meant, but that's what you wrote in the sentence in your quote that I marked with bold lettering.

When you exceed the OLM, you are now letting Jeep off the hook and relying on Amsoil's warranty.

For someone so interested in protection of their engine as to buy expenive Amsoil, making that leap of faith just doesn't make any sense, IMO.

I know you've said you've never heard of Amsoil having to cover a warranty claim, but in this very thread someone had precisely that happen. So you've heard of it. You just ignored it.
This is wrong too:

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Such as? Be specific. AMSOIL 100% full synthetic starts at under $5 a quart everyday. and often delivers for free overnight. AMSOIL is available in thousands of stores and some Jeep Dealerships.
Do you sell it?

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Such as? Be specific. AMSOIL 100% full synthetic starts at under $5 a quart everyday. and often delivers for free overnight. AMSOIL is available in thousands of stores and some Jeep Dealerships.
Where do you get Amsoil at less than 5 a quart?

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, now I am going to go ahead and call bovine scatology. Running Amsoil will also void your Jeep OEM warranty if you are running it more than 10K miles and 350 hours; the limits are plain as day in the owner's manual. There is no special exception in the Jeep warranty (or any other vehicle manufacturer for that matter--including Ford) that stipulates except if you are running Amsoil. I will assume that you are referring to Amsoil's warranty which if you intend to prove their oil caused the failure, you had better have deep pockets and a lot of free time to be in court.

Prove me wrong by posting where in the Jeep warranty it states that running Amsoil for more than 10K miles or 350 hours is acceptable and that all warranties remain intact. Notice that I said the Jeep warranty not Amsoil's...and again there is nothing that SSO can do that M1 or Castrol cannot do cheaper.
JacYBe.jpg
Nowhere does it say that going over those limits will void the warranty. The factory warranty:
B. What Is Covered

The Basic Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair any item on your vehicle when it left the manufacturing plant that is defective in material, workmanship or factory preparation."

So if the oil did not cause the issue, regardless of change interval, the factory warranty is intact. If you think otherwise, please show me where AMSOIL voided any factory warranty. Or have Jeep state on corporate letterhead that running AMSOIL with extended oil change intervals will void the warranty. In the event that AMSOIL failed, which it hasn't in 47 years, AMSOIL covers all fees. I've never heard of an AMSOIL customer spending time in court over such matters. I had warranty claims paid by Ford when I exceeded their recommended oil change interval by a factor of 5.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nowhere does it say that going over those limits will void the warranty. The factory warranty:
B. What Is Covered

The Basic Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair any item on your vehicle when it left the manufacturing plant that is defective in material, workmanship or factory preparation."

So if the oil did not cause the issue, regardless of change interval, the factory warranty is intact. If you think otherwise, please show me where AMSOIL voided any factory warranty.
Again--bullshit and you cannot have it both ways. In one breath you state that your factory OEM warranty is only intact by using Amsoil and in the next you want me to show where it will be voided by using Amsoil? Since you are the one stating all of the facts--show me where the Jeep warranty or any OEM has an inclusion for using Amsoil at intervals longer than they recommend or allow.

If you have an oil related failure and Jeep can show that you went over the limits they set forth, you warranty WILL BE VOIDED and it will not matter what oil you are using. But, of course, you already know that, and to suggest anything else is a flat out lie.

JDLouisville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Amsoil Signature Series 0W20. Wix filter.

First change happens at 1,000 miles.

Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tenor.gif

Exceeding Jeeps oil change interval with AMSOIL will not void Jeeps warranty which only covers manufacturing defects. How can oil change intervals cause manufacturing defects? Show me where AMSOIL voided any warranty. In this thread someone mentioned they thought they had a warranty claim, but there was no oil sample taken to prove that it was even AMSOIL in the engine. No written report shown.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is wrong too:

How is this wrong?

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I'll let others around here chime in on the credibility of me running it, if that is a concern. Let them decide. If they agree with you that I can somehow become more credible by paying you for the oil, they'll tell you. However, I think it would enhance Amsoil's to hand it over and let me run it, without cost. I'd be doing you a service, for free.

I'll even make a video of the oil change so everyone can see it going in. Then I'll do one at the end, with it coming out and the sample being taken, sealed, and mailed bo Blackstone. You can even send an Amsoil rep to help me do it.
This will come off as being rude, I'm sure, but don't deal with this Amsoil putz. You are one of the top experts on this forum and so many will buy oil and filters based on your recommendations. If I'm Mr. Amsoil and really believed in the superiority of my product, I'm sending you a case of oil and filters so you can sing its praises to the forum. If YOU like it then others are buying it....and hopefully from me. Most everyone here has good opinions on products but it's obvious you and a few others take it to another level by doing tons of reading and research. This guy lost me at 5 bucks a quart. Keep up the good work, brother Dan!