Sponsored

Dumping factory fill. What oil is everyone running?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Show me where FCA will be voided with AMSOIL extended oil changes. No need for me to provide the oil. Better test would be non-sponsored. Never have given away AMSOIL. I've sold millions based on the product and their reputation.
No, the best test would be to provide the oil so that someone doesn't pay for it. People tend to defend their purchases to validate their decisions. Not makeing a purchase neutralizes that. Psychology 101.

As I've said before, I'm not running any oil 25k in my engine. Ever. 8k should be a cakewalk for it.
Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
No, the best test would be to provide the oil so that someone doesn't pay for it. People tend to defend their purchases to validate their decisions. Not makeing a purchase neutralizes that. Psychology 101.

As I've said before, I'm not running any oil 25k in my engine. Ever. 8k should be a cakewalk for it.
So if they pay for their current oil, you are saying they "tend to defend that purchase to validate their decisions" over free AMSOIL. So to be fair, they should pay for AMSOIL and run both for 25,000 miles. Apples to apples. 25,000 miles is a cakewalk for AMSOIL. Proven for 47 years.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Show me where FCA will be voided with AMSOIL extended oil changes. No need for me to provide the oil. Better test would be non-sponsored. Never have given away AMSOIL. I've sold millions based on the product and their reputation.

AMSOIL has had people lining up for 25,000 mile oil changes for 47 years without a single oil related failure or voided warranty. I know of at least one that does 100,000 mile oil changes and the UOA says he can go longer. His fleet has many with over a million miles.
I'd imagine if you went over 2x the amount of miles that the factory oil life indicator on the dash cluster states there would be warranty problems. Not worth it to me, and I'm quite the gambler :)

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd imagine if you went over 2x the amount of miles that the factory oil life indicator on the dash cluster states there would be warranty problems. Not worth it to me, and I'm quite the gambler :)
Warranty coverage is dependent on the cause of the failure. If the factory can prove the oil failed and caused the parts failure, then the part would not be covered by the warranty. However, if the factory can not prove the oil failed and caused the failure, then the part would be warranted. I ran AMSOIL for 5 times the recommended mileage stated in my motorhome manual and as stated by Mobil 1 and never caused a factory warranty issue and was still covered by the AMSOIL warranty. I had the oil analyzed and it was "fine for continued use".

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Warranty coverage is dependent on the cause of the failure. If the factory can prove the oil failed and caused the parts failure, then the part would not be covered by the warranty. However, if the factory can not prove the oil failed and caused the failure, then the part would be warranted. I ran AMSOIL for 5 times the recommended mileage stated in my motorhome manual and as stated by Mobil 1 and never caused a factory warranty issue and was still covered by the AMSOIL warranty. I had the oil analyzed and it was "fine for continued use".
Here is one place where you have a disconnect with reality. They (FCA) need to prove nothing to deny a warranty repair. They deny warranty claims all the time with no proof. If you stop spamming amsoil long enough to read some threads, you'll see what I mean.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

AMSOIL has had people lining up for 25,000 mile oil changes for 47 years without a single oil related failure or voided warranty. I know of at least one that does 100,000 mile oil changes and the UOA says he can go longer. His fleet has many with over a million miles.
Ok, I don't know how you would know there has not been a voided warranty over not changing oil according to schedule. I simply don't believe that and won't until I see evidence outside of Amsoil's own propaganda.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There can be more gray area than that. Good luck if you and the dealer or manufacturer disagree on it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So if they pay for their current oil, you are saying they "tend to defend that purchase to validate their decisions" over free AMSOIL. So to be fair, they should pay for AMSOIL and run both for 25,000 miles. Apples to apples. 25,000 miles is a cakewalk for AMSOIL. Proven for 47 years.
Put up the 6 quarts for an independent test by a forum member. Let them post a UOA, and if it is great, you'll more than make up for the cost in sales just to forum members. If not, then it's Spamsoilway marketing BS.

26 posts and it looks like all are about Spamsoil. Starting to wonder if you really have a JL. Hmmm.

Nothing about your 2020 Sport. No pics, no posts about mods, nothing but Amsoil pitch and very quick to the Amsoil marketing materials.

Why don't you just go legit and become a sponsoring vendor? You've got a great product but resort to the damndest marketing schemes and tactics that really undermine the product. The marketing is one of the major reasons I refulse to run the oil. You and the sales folks like you are really your own worst enemy. I honestly think you'd do better by going legit and following forum rules for vendors.

Last edited:

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
AMSOIL has never had a proven failure in 47 years. And if it does, AMSOIL pays for repairs.
I couldn't be bothered to read any of Amsoils marketing, but was wondering if they require frequent oil sampling for their 25000 claims? Because like I stated earlier they did deny any warranty because it was not done.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is one place where you have a disconnect with reality. They (FCA) need to prove nothing to deny a warranty repair. They deny warranty claims all the time with no proof. If you stop spamming amsoil long enough to read some threads, you'll see what I mean.
Factory warranty covers against defects in workmanship or materials. If they deny warranty coverage for any reason, the manufacturer should put the reason and cause in writing. If they determine that the oil caused the failure, have them put that in writing. You can then present that to the oil manufacturer for a warranty claim. Since "They deny warranty claims all the time" I'd pick an oil with the best warranty.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I don't know how you would know there has not been a voided warranty over not changing oil according to schedule. I simply don't believe that and won't until I see evidence outside of Amsoil's own propaganda.
If there was a voided warranty over not changing AMSOIL according to the factory schedule, I am sure it would be found on the internet somewhere. Or reported to BBB, FTC or other government or consumer agencies, especially since AMSOIL has promoted that for 47 years.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't be bothered to read any of Amsoils marketing, but was wondering if they require frequent oil sampling for their 25000 claims? Because like I stated earlier they did deny any warranty because it was not done.
No required sampling unless you exceed 25,000 normal service miles, 15,000 severe service miles or 1 year on their Signature Series oil in or outside of factory warranty.

Last edited:

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put up the 6 quarts for an independent test by a forum member. Let them post a UOA, and if it is great, you'll more than make up for the cost in sales just to forum members. If not, then it's Spamsoilway marketing BS.

26 posts and it looks like all are about Spamsoil. Starting to wonder if you really have a JL. Hmmm.

Nothing about your 2020 Sport. No pics, no posts about mods, nothing but Amsoil pitch and very quick to the Amsoil marketing materials.

Why don't you just go legit and become a sponsoring vendor? You've got a great product but resort to the damndest marketing schemes and tactics that really undermine the product. The marketing is one of the major reasons I refulse to run the oil. You and the sales folks like you are really your own worst enemy. I honestly think you'd do better by going legit and following forum rules for vendors.
I'm not interested in giving away a product that has proven its claims for the past 47 years. I'm not interested in selling product here nor in becoming a vendor. I'm here to learn more about my Wrangler and provide my expertise in AMSOIL when asked or when I see misinformation.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some fun Math facts, since we're now on the topic of dispelling misinformation. The big claim is that Amsoil saves money because you can run it 25k miles. That's really the easiest performance advantage to confirm independently, So let's test that out.

The only promotional pricing I counted in this is from Amsoil, which is currently offering free shipping on $50 purchases. Lucky for Amsoil, I'm not counting other products' promotional pricing. That'd seal the deal, for sure, in favor of SOPUS, but I digresss...

It would cost about 66 bucks for 5 quarts of Signature series oil, given Amsoil's free shipping promo they are running right now. That's $2.64 per 1k miles on a 25k mile run. Mobil 1 AP is $36 for 5 quarts at Walmart. That's $1.80 per 1k miles on a 20k mile run. Pennzoil Platinum runs $22.68 at Walmart for a 5 quart jug. At 8500 miles, which is roughly where the oil life monitor would get my Jeep, that's 2.66 per mile. So who wins on the economic advantage? Mobil 1 Annual Protection, if you follow Amsoil's playbook.

Now, keeping with Jeep's recommended service interval, which is what I personally recommend, that puts Amsoil at a whopping $7.84 per 1k miles. Mobil 1 AP would set you back $4.23 per 1k, which is still expensive compared to Pennzoil Platinum's $2.66 per mile. If you buy an extra quart for make-up oil, the disparity only grows.

Also for the record, Pennzoil claims for Platinum, which SOPUS claims "...no other leading motor oil provides better protection from friction than Pennzoil Platinum motor oils." They also claim "unsurpassed wear protection." (As does Mobil 1. I'd bet others do, too.)

So, from a cost claim, you have to run the full 25k to see a 2 cent per 1k miles economic advantage over running Pennzoil Platinum for 8.5k mile runs, which again, adhere to Jeep's recommendations and give you peace of mind on the warranty that is independent of Amsoil's claims on the matter. Of course, Pennzoil runs rebates twice per year. The last bottle of Platinum I bought was a 5 quart jug for my daughter's Renegade. I got a $10 rebate on it, making it $12.68 for 5 quarts, which squashes Amsoil's cost claims.

If sticking with regular pricing, it starts to look like Quaker State Ultimate Durability or Chevron Havoline are the grand price champs. I'll post them up later, after I get some work done.

...I forgot! The Rotella Gas Truck 0w20 in my JL right now cost .........wait for it.......$0.00 per 1k miles! ($10 clearance at Autozone, -$10 rebate, -$10 rewards. Oops, that means they are paying me $2 per 1k on the 5k run I'm doing. So there's your grand champ!) And, we all know now that Amsoil never gives oil away, unlike SOPUS. I also have a 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 for my son's WJ that saw a $22 Shell gas card incentive. So that one cost me $.65 cents. Nice!

Ok, Amsoil. Please help me find any misinformation here. Of course, I did this quickly, so I take full credit for any mathematical errors and welcome correction.

Last edited:

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are some fun Math facts, since we're now on the topic of dispelling misinformation. The big claim is that Amsoil saves money because you can run it 25k miles. So let's test that out.

For the record, folks. It would cost about 66 bucks for 5 quarts of Signature series oil. That's $2.64 per 1k miles on a 25k mile run. Mobil 1 AP is $36 for 5 quarts at Walmart. That's $1.80 per 1k miles on a 20k mile run. Pennzoil Platinum runs $22.68 at Walmart for a 5 quart jug. At 8500 miles, which is roughly where the oil life monitor would get my Jeep, that's 2.66 per mile.

Now, keeping with Jeep's recommended service interval, that puts Amsoil at a whopping $7.84 per 1k miles. Mobil 1 AP would set you back $4.23 per 1k, which is still expensive compared to Pennzoil Platinum's $2.66 per mile. If you buy an extra quart for make-up oil, the disparity only grows.

Also for the record, Pennzoil claims for Platinum, which SOPUS claims "...no other leading motor oil provides better protection from friction than Pennzoil Platinum motor oils." They also claim "unsurpassed wear protection." (As does Mobil 1.)

So, from a cost claim, you have to run the full 25k to see a 2 cent per 1k miles economic advantage over running Pennzoil Platinum for 8.5k mile runs, which again, adhere to Jeep's recommendations and give you peace of mind on the warranty that is independent of Amsoil's claims on the matter. Of course, Pennzoil runs rebates twice per year. The last bottle of Platinum I bought was a 5 quart jug for my daughter's Renegade. I got a $10 rebate on it, making it $12.68 for 5 quarts, which squashes Amsoil's cost claims.

If sticking with regular pricing, it starts to look like Quaker State Ultimate Durability or Chevron Havoline are the grand price champs. I'll post them up later, after I get some work done.

...I forgot! The Rotella Gas Truck 0w20 in my JL right now cost .........wait for it.......$0.00 per 1k miles! ($10 clearance at Autozone, -$10 rebate, -$10 rewards. Oops, that means they are paying me $2 per 1k on the 5k run I'm doing. So there's your grand champ!) And, we all know now that Amsoil never gives oil away, unlike SOPUS. I also have a 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 for my son's WJ that saw a $22 Shell gas card incentive. So that one cost me $.65 cents. Nice!

Ok, Amsoil. Please help me find any misinformation here.
1 gallon and 1 quart of AMSOIL Signature Series is available for under $48 wholesale. Every day. Under $1.90 per 1,000 miles for 25,000 miles.
Mobil 1 AP recommends following your owners manual if you are under warranty. So let's say 8,000 miles. So that is $4.50 per 1,000 miles. You say "$2.66 per mile" for Pennzoil Platinum. That is really high. So since you have to do 3 Mobil 1 and Pennzoil Platinum to 1 AMSOIL oil change under warranty, you are paying more.. And 3 times the labor. And 3 times your time wasted. And 3 times the resources to manufacture and 3 times the waste generated.
Sponsored

Last edited: