Sponsored

Dumb question - how long do your interior lights stay on after locking your Jeep?

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

I noticed after unlocking and locking my jeep 22 rubicon the interior dome lights stay on for about two minutes.

On my my wife's 21 willys they seem to go out as soon as you hit the lock button.

I was looking in the settings to see if there's an option to adjust this but unless I'm missing it I cannot find it. Is that just how it is? Yea not a big deal just curious lol
Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wouldn’t say 2 minutes…..
But after locking the Jeep I’d say it’s around 40 seconds or so before going off

Deleted member 59498

Seconds, I would say 30 seconds they start to fade. Because when I first bought it I thought I left them on by accident. They went out in 30 seconds or so.

But you don't have a 22 Rubicon so not sure what that is about.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Seconds, I would say 30 seconds they start to fade. Because when I first bought it I thought I left them on by accident. They went out in 30 seconds or so.

But you don't have a 22 Rubicon so not sure what that is about.
Hmm yea that's weird. Mine stays on for like 2 min and no way to adjust it. Yea Mines a 21 392.

Deleted member 59498

Hmm yea that's weird. Mine stays on for like 2 min and no way to adjust it. Yea Mines a 21 392.
Yeah I figured was 21, there is a lot of options in the 8.4 like lights and stuff but if you checked already. But yeah 30 seconds max. It annoyed me at first because I wanted all the lights to turn off sooner.

Sponsored

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
30 seconds is about how long they stay on in my Sport S. Every now and then I look over my shoulder as I head into the house to make sure they are off lol.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Ha so funny. Everyone's saying 30 seconds but I timed it and it's def 2 min lol

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Yeah I figured was 21, there is a lot of options in the 8.4 like lights and stuff but if you checked already. But yeah 30 seconds max. It annoyed me at first because I wanted all the lights to turn off sooner.
Yea I just wonder why my wife's 21 willys turns off pretty much instantly when I hit the lock button.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

That's adjustable through the radio Lights settings. Mine turn off instantly. Because I said so. :like:
Really? Where? Can you take a pic tomorrow and show me! I swear I looked all through the settings and didn't see anything. What's it called?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Really? Where? Can you take a pic tomorrow and show me! I swear I looked all through the settings and didn't see anything. What's it called?
Oh crap, my memory is shot. That's headlights.
Interior lights is the farthest right wheel next to the headlights knob.
If you set it to either of the top two "clicks" the interior light will stay on for a while.
If you set it to any part of the dimmer section the interior lights will fade immediately.
If you use the bottom "click" the interior lights will not go on unless you reach up and turn them on.

I typically keep mine at the highest point of the dimmer section so the lights fade immediately, unless I need to dim out on the stereotypical dark desert highway.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

If you set it to either of the top two "clicks" the interior light will stay on for a while.
If you set it to any part of the dimmer section the interior lights will fade immediately.
If you use the bottom "click" the interior lights will not go on unless you reach up and turn them on.

I typically keep mine at the highest point of the dimmer section so the lights fade immediately, unless I need to dim out on the stereotypical dark desert highway.
I will try this today. Thanks so much!

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Yup it worked thanks man!!
Sponsored