mlthrasher16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Versa
Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my dumb, potentially newb question.

I'm moving and have about $20K to drop on a car, and on the short list is a 2 door Wrangler. What makes the Wrangler appealing is it's smaller footprint, I can get it as a manual, and it being higher means I won't have to jack it up into the air when a small/moderate storm surge comes through. The highest speed in the area is 55 mph on perfectly flat terrain. I care about reliability more than average, and the Jeep would remain stock except for maybe bigger tires. Maybe... It won't go off road....maybe down a beach once or twice in it's life.

Three Jeeps at the local lot come in below budget: an 06' with the 4 cylinder (87,000 miles), an 07' with the I6 (80,000 miles), and a 15' with the V6 (115,000 miles).

The 06 with the 4 banger is $6K less than the 07, which I like. It's also 100% stock - also a plus. But I also know that I6 engine is pretty tough, and I know nothing about the 4. Given all this, which engine would you choose? Obviously, they're less powerful, but is the 4 less reliable in this sort of environment than the 6?

Thanks!
Sponsored