Sponsored

Dual Top Owners - When do you switch to Soft Top?

Finthejlu

First Name
Roseanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
No need for a hoist. Four ratchet straps a couple 2 x 4s and lag bolts and your set. Been using that set up for years on my JKUR and now my JLUR. Less than $40 in material and bullit proof. I’ve even been able to store my hard top with an 80 lb roof rack mounted no problem.
Do you have picks of your “hoist” set up? Or is there a thread online with details on how to build? I would love to only spend $40 to lift my hard top!
Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Do you have picks of your “hoist” set up? Or is there a thread online with details on how to build? I would love to only spend $40 to lift my hard top!
I do the same, in fact, just yesterday I added a pipe so I can slide it against the wall instead of just hanging in the middle.

ascii33

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara - Black
Vehicle Showcase
Had my JK for 10 years and always switched over the first couple weeks of April. BTW my JL did not come with a soft top so I'm looking. ;)

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
For me, it's when temperatures are pretty consistently in the 70°'s which in the Chicago area tends to be around May.

mjsull

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Auto, Granite Crystal, Tan leather, Black Hard Top w/ Headliner, Steel Bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather, Infotainment, Safety and Tow Group, Remote Start, Proximity Entry, Mopar Mats
I live in Las Vegas. I switched to my new Bestop Trektop NX on February 24. I expect to keep it on until November or so.

99402487-FF86-4B1B-8FE1-62AD5D0A025E.jpeg

Sponsored

IowaRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
What is the downside of running a soft top year round? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm about to order my first Wrangler.
One consideration if you want to haul anything in the winter with the soft top that requires opening more than the gate, you risk cracking the plastic rear window if its cold out.

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Save money and make one yourself for less than $20.
I like the idea of the 2x4 as support! I might modify mine with that. I have the Topsy brackets for the rear on mine and I added pipes to latch on instead of just eye hooks so I can slide it to towards the wall of the garage instead of leaving it in the middle.
image1.jpeg

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I like the idea of the 2x4 as support! I might modify mine with that. I have the Topsy brackets for the rear on mine and I added pipes to latch on instead of just eye hooks so I can slide it to towards the wall of the garage instead of leaving it in the middle.
image1.jpeg
Someone's been snagging left over pipe at the laydown yard

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I'm shooting for early May. Maybe use the same rules as planting annuals here in Ohio - not before Mothers Day.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
April soft on, October hard on (giggity)
Sponsored