DUAL TOP HOW TO: I Swapped the Hard Top for the Soft Top Today

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
Yes. Just tried to raise mine in the dark and something was holding me back. It was the plug while seated in the holder. Took it out of the holder and no problem but was getting hung up.
I've noticed this is an issue on mine also. You guys find out any other info on it or just dealing with it. ?
Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I've noticed this is an issue on mine also. You guys find out any other info on it or just dealing with it. ?
I unhooked my plugs and put it in a sunglasses bag so it is protected and now i have no issues.

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
I unhooked my plugs and put it in a sunglasses bag so it is protected and now i have no issues.
Just have the sunglass bag and wiring hanging there or put it towards the driver seat on the plastic between the roll bar and the side of the Jeep so its not near the drop the soft top sits down in?

SoCalBuckeye

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Wow. Way more work than switching between tops on the JK. Thanks for posting this! Made my decision whether or not to order a soft top much easier. Seems like lazy engineering to me.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Wow. Way more work than switching between tops on the JK. Thanks for posting this! Made my decision whether or not to order a soft top much easier. Seems like lazy engineering to me.
Ummm, no not really. The only difference is you have 2 extra bolts to put in at the rear corners rather then snapping in the JK tailgate bar retainers. The rest is all very similar. And once you use the top you realize how much easier it is.....way easier. Installation is not much different, top is easier to put down/up, winner is the JL.

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
All my JK friends have soft top envy when they watch me take mine down and how easy it is.
Sponsored