Dual Top Group Question - Sahara JL

RichK.MA

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
I'm a new Wrangler owner, so I'm not sure if this question has already been discussed. I bought the Sahara with the dual top group. I took the hard top off and installed the soft top without any issues. My question is, can I keep the soft top on and reinstall the hard top over it? I know there are a couple of brackets that need to come off first. Wondering if I need to take the whole soft top out though for the colder months. thanks
Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Physically not sure if the soft top will fit under the hard top, but either way you don't want to leave it on. You have to take off the rear corner brackets anyway so just undo the 4 bolts and take the whole thing off. You'll be much happier plus your soft top will stay newer longer and it's what Jeep recommends.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
No it will not fit. At least on a JLU can't speak for 2 Door you have to remove the vertival door trim piece and two back corner pieces the Hard Top has to use these locations. Also soft top is higher than hard top so will not fit under. You can leave the two metal brackets that the soft top rests/pivots on the roll bar.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I wonder how much of the JLU soft top (and its hardware) would have to be removed--perhaps all as Rusty says above--to fit a hard top.

Door supports, rear corner brackets, back 3 windows: at the very least.

rafaelmcs

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I'm a new Wrangler owner, so I'm not sure if this question has already been discussed. I bought the Sahara with the dual top group. I took the hard top off and installed the soft top without any issues. My question is, can I keep the soft top on and reinstall the hard top over it? I know there are a couple of brackets that need to come off first. Wondering if I need to take the whole soft top out though for the colder months. thanks
Yes, you can do it easily however you need to remove the parts attached to the doors so you can connect the Hardtop screws. I've done this a few times....
Sponsored