Dual Top Group/Cold Wearher Group add on

tjaeks

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just upgraded to a 2020 JLU Rubicon. Super happy with my purchase but no one in my area had two options I was hoping to get along with the Jeep.

Was hoping to add the Cold weather package onto it (it’s a manual) just so the wife stops complaining about her seat being cold and I can keep my dainty little hands a little more comfortable.

Also I’m a fan of having both the hard and soft top. Mine only came with the soft. Unless the wiring harness for the hard top’s electrics are buried I don’t have them nor do I have a rear windshield wiper switch.

Has anyone gotten these packages installed after the fact? How hard is it and how pricey is it?
Sponsored

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Just upgraded to a 2020 JLU Rubicon. Super happy with my purchase but no one in my area had two options I was hoping to get along with the Jeep.

Was hoping to add the Cold weather package onto it (it’s a manual) just so the wife stops complaining about her seat being cold and I can keep my dainty little hands a little more comfortable.

Also I’m a fan of having both the hard and soft top. Mine only came with the soft. Unless the wiring harness for the hard top’s electrics are buried I don’t have them nor do I have a rear windshield wiper switch.

Has anyone gotten these packages installed after the fact? How hard is it and how pricey is it?
Not sure you can even add the CWP after the fact, since it requires buttons and a new steering wheel, etc.

The hard top harness and washer fluid line are not pre-installed on soft top only Jeeps - you will have to buy the hard top, the harness and fluid line, and pay the dealer to install - or DIY. I believe the kit which includes a new wiper stalk (for the rear wiper control), new HVAC panel (for the defrost button), fluid line, and wire harness is around $250 and dealer labor I think I read is around $400 - you have to drill some holes throughout the vehicle to feed the lines and it's time consuming. Hard tops themselves are over $3k new, so you're looking at around $4k to add a hard top after the fact.