Sponsored

Dual steering damper on 2019 JL sport s.

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Hello, I just got my jeep, so pardon my ignorance, in advance!
So I was reading info on the dual suppression VS. the single I have (i think I have a single, please correct if needed)...First off, I don't think I have the track bar that the dual connects to, is that right? Basically, what do I need to take off to add the dual suppression steering AND, what does that do to the switch in the cabin, that is on off?
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
No. If you want to get fancy just change to a thru shaft design, like from Falcon or Fox. The factory one is fine though.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Hello, I just got my jeep, so pardon my ignorance, in advance!
So I was reading info on the dual suppression VS. the single I have (i think I have a single, please correct if needed)...First off, I don't think I have the track bar that the dual connects to, is that right? Basically, what do I need to take off to add the dual suppression steering AND, what does that do to the switch in the cabin, that is on off?
dont buy anything until you need it. ie, dont fix what aint broke. if you end up putting a lift on it, then you may or may not start needing additional parts.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
You do not need dual steering stabilizers.

Many that install them do it in order to attempt to fix a case of death wobble. The problem though is that adding an additional steering stabilizer isn't a real fix and instead it is a bandaid on a different issue and will eventually come back with vengeance until the root cause is fixed.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S

Many that install them do it in order to attempt to fix a case of death wobble. The problem though is that adding an additional steering stabilizer isn't a real fix and instead it is a bandaid on a different issue and will eventually come back with vengeance until the root cause is fixed.
thanks all, truly appreciated. On a, rubber in the mud kinda note, anyone familiar with the Prospect, Oregon OHV area? It's about an hour from me so I have been running up there and learning how to use my jeep off road...I have nearly a million miles under my belt driving something, so the new part is in a jeep, anyway, was looking at the Rubicon trail and wondered if they have drive arounds for some of that complete rock crawling part? I know, wimpy, but I gotta drive this thing come Mondays, follow me? lol
thanks again

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

we should send Camela Harris to investigate the root cause!