Sponsored

Dual door group question

epictetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Has anyone here placed an order for the dual door group (lowers only)? I'm getting ready to place an order tomorrow and noticed that while it is listed on the order guide, it doesn't show up on the Jeep website.

I won't use the uppers, so I don't want to pay for them if I don't have to.
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Has anyone here placed an order for the dual door group (lowers only)? I'm getting ready to place an order tomorrow and noticed that while it is listed on the order guide, it doesn't show up on the Jeep website.

Order guides are accurate. Website is a general guide at best.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Wow didnā€™t know you could order them without uppers. Cool.

Otherwise if you have to buy separately and repaint, unless you find a great deal ( you may ) on a second hand set and repaint -, retail cost of all the parts add up pretty fast. Nearly $4500 for two doors and $7000 for four doors, without uppers and thatā€™s the 10% above cost price. And thatā€™s before paint.

I would have missed Chief blue color if I waited for the half door availability to show up ā€” it never did for that color and then the color was pulled three weeks after my order. So glad I didnā€™t wait, but now Iā€™m paying 150% more after paint lol

Gossamer

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, Tesla M3P
Wish you would have asked Friday. I ordered a JLUR Saturday with premium uppers, I would have asked. But, yeah, the build your Jeep isn't accurate. I ordered a manual transmission with 4.88 gears and the 4.88 gear doesn't show up on the build your own either, but I definitely was able to order them.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
The doors are packaged with uppers always. The front door boxes are so big that the windows are right in the box. The rear doors are all pieced separately to be stuffed Tetris like in the back of a JLU. If you don't use them I believe the JCR doors were redesigned to fit these windows. I'm sure you can sell them on with a bit of effort

Sponsored

OP
OP

epictetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Thanks. I'll see what the dealer says and post the result. Definitely going to get the half doors either way.

4x4 Mule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red JL
I just placed an order for a Willys Sport and I was told the half doors lowers only was not available, so I ordered the half doors w/premium uppers.

OP
OP

epictetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
I just placed an order for a Willys Sport and I was told the half doors lowers only was not available, so I ordered the half doors w/premium uppers.
I was told the same thing. Will order w/premium uppers. Thanks

4x4 Mule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red JL
I ordered the hardtop on my Willys Sport and was told there was no conflict with half doors w/premium uppers. The Jp build site will not let you add both of these items together. Also, from what Iā€˜ve put together, by ordering the half doors it will get upgraded with PW, PL and Pwr Heated Exterior Mirrors. Safety feature for auto locking doors Iā€™m guessing.

Apprivoise

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2cv

Hi I I know Itā€™s old post but where can I buy those
Sponsored