Sponsored

Dual Door Group not available in red, blue and silver?

VTACH

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and new to the Jeep world. I'm ordering my 392 through an excellent dealership in Texas that has been absolutely great to work with thus far. I am currently in "BX" status. The GM has received word that the half doors are not available in Firecracker Red, Hydro Blue or Billet Silver--yet they are available to order in the other colors. Has anyone else heard of this? Any thoughts on why? Could it be due to a color matching issue if the doors are being painted at a different stage?

Regardless, I'm excited about learning and experiencing more things Wrangler! I'm guessing with the release of this model Jeep may attract many others that are new to the brand.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

VTACH

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MrJonnycat

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
When I ordered my 392 with dual door option, I was told the same thing about the half doors with Hydro Blue as well. Why some colors can be ordered in dual tops and others not I don't know.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Here is a link describing the subtle differences between base and premium door uppers. Basically, the premium comes with heated mirrors and "speed sensitive" power locks (whatever that means).
Thanks for the link!
Also, I would guess the that "speed sensitive" locks means that they auto-lock when you first start to drive, and they weren't already locked. I suppose it could also mean that they won't un-lock when you're in motion. (or both)

Sponsored

MrJonnycat

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
The dual door group is available to order in Hydro Blue through the dealer now. Got mine ordered a few weeks ago, and finally they were able to add the Blue half door group!

OP
OP

VTACH

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes! I was actually able to finally order red as well as of a couple of weeks ago.

Devious Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I was told if I added the dual door group once it came available in Hydro Blue it would push my build back.... I want the half doors but don't want to wait longer to get the Jeep!

MrJonnycat

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I was told if I added the dual door group once it came available in Hydro Blue it would push my build back.... I want the half doors but don't want to wait longer to get the Jeep!
Who did you hear that from Chris?