Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon
2 Q's for you.
- What creates the difference between the Wrangler and Gladiator? I know some models like Mojave, 392, etc have different hood and cowl shapes, but I was under the impression that a Rubicon JL or JT was identical in the engine bay and front (minus a slight grill variance).

- Between Full River and Odyssey which do you recommend? I've used Odyssey for years and had good experience with them, but my experiences leave me wondering if they are following the path of Optima where they are not as good as they used to be. Curious on your honest opinion.

Great questions!
I will be shooting some new videos very soon that will go over all the details on the Gladiator and Wrangler kits, and why they are different. It will be drastically easier to explain in a video, once our new parts are ready to go. All that new info will land on our Youtube channel first, so go subscribe to us there to be notified about those new videos coming over the next few weeks.

Full River and Odyssey are both high quality AGM batteries, you really can't go wrong with either one. Most of our customers want the most capacity (which is measured in amp hours) that they can fit in there. Full River has the highest capacity for a Group 25, but Odyssey still has the highest capacity for a Group 34 (used in our JK and Tacoma kits).

Odyssey has 2 product lines - their Performance series, and their Extreme series batteries. Without boring you with the techy details of each, the important part is that both are excellent batteries, but the Extreme series has a little bit more capacity than the Performance series. Back in December of 2020, Odyssey announced they were going to discontinue the Group 25 Extreme series and replace it with a brand new Group 25 Performance series battery. I think this was done mainly to help them out during covid with supply chain issues, production capacity, blah blah. Once the new Group 25 Performance battery came out in summer of 2021, it was rated at slightly lower amp hours than its original Extreme series design, and at that time, Full River took the lead in amp hours. If you want to see more details, go to any one of our dual battery kit pages, and click the tab for 'Battery Info', we have a chart that compares the specs of several popular brands for each specific kit. Also in '21, both brands were having a hard time keeping up with demand, so we started stocking both brands of both Group 25 and 34 here in our office to help us make sure we could keep enough for our customers. Since then, there's been many different times when we were the only place in the country where you could buy those batteries. It's gotten better over the past 6 months though, thank goodness.

As for Optima, we hear stories from our customers all the time about their quality dropping off after they moved their manufacturing to Mexico several years ago. We stopped offering Optima Yellow Tops about 4 years ago because their warranty rate was far too high, and their process of getting a replacement took way too long.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Genesis Offroad still a group 25 battery?
Yes, the Group 25 will fit the diesel Gladiator and the diesel/392 Wrangler kits. The Optima 75/25 Yellow Top will fit, but just be aware that due to its spiral design, it is smaller than the industry standard, and therefore it has considerably less capacity than other brands in the Group 25 size. If you want to run your fridge or other accessories for as long as possible, you'll be much happier with a different brand like Full River or Odyssey.

More details on battery fitment news coming soon!

Bevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Great info Shane @Genesis Offroad , thank you. I look forward to these finally being available and will patiently wait in envy as the JT owners receive their kits first before the JL kits are available in October. Thanks!

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Genesis Offroad , any update on availability of JL diesel kits for October? Thanks

Here's the latest update as of today, 9/15. Literally everything takes longer than we would like nowadays. We are currently waiting on two more component pieces to arrive for our diesel Gladiator kit, we are expecting one piece to be here on Monday 9/19 (it's already 6 weeks late!). The other part is the battery bracket which is being formed up now, then it has to go out to powder coat. Our local powder coat shop has been running behind for most of this year due to staffing issues, but we hope to have that last piece here the first week of October. We have scheduled to shoot the installation video on October 12. Once we have all of the components here in house, we will open up orders to our waiting list folks first. The waiting list gets first dibs for being so patient with us. We never do pre-orders on new products until we have all the parts here in house because of so many unexpected delays. We don't want to take your money until we are positive we can deliver.

We are also waiting on our new custom packaging and shipping boxes to arrive, those are expected to be here approx 3rd or 4th week of October. So expect ordering to open for the diesel Gladiator around 2nd week of October, and shipping will begin the 3rd or 4th week of October.

Now as for the diesel Wrangler, it will be just slightly different. I have the first prototype kit installed here at the shop and it's looking good, and super easy to install! Realistically we are looking at November to begin shipping that one.

Thank you guys so much for the patience and support! It feels like the nuttiest time ever to be doing new product development! I think you're going to love what we've come up with though! We're getting there I promise!
-Shane

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I’m looking forward to the dual batt diesel Wrangler. How do I get on the waiting list?

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Is there a Group 25 LiFePO4 12V battery that can be used with the Genesis dual battery kit instead of AGM?

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)