DTC P08A6 - When changing tire size to 35" w/ Tazer JL Mini or FlashCal

Atlas

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I have a 2021 JLU 3.6L Manual Transmission. I put 35's on and decided to reprogram the tire size. Apparently that was a bad idea because after 8 minutes of driving I ended up with DTC P08A6, which is an Gear lever position measurement system - multiple sensor correlation error. I also noticed it disables Electronic stop start, the reverse camera, and gear indicator lights on the dash. Who knows what else.

Every time i start the vehicle, it runs fine. 8 minutes later the error never fails to make an appearance.

I've returned the vehicle to factory settings (i.e. unmarried the unit), and plugged the harnesses back into their factory locations. After driving the vehicle for 8 minutes, the ESS error pops up again...

I see that FCA published a STAR publication which appears to be related to this issue somehow. Has anyone tried this? I'm not sure what they mean by "If disconnecting via battery, BOTH BATTERIES must be disconnected in able to reset the PCM." We have two batteries??!

Jeep Wrangler JL DTC P08A6 - When changing tire size to 35" w/ Tazer JL Mini or FlashCal STAR.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
Atlas

Atlas

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
@Rhinebeck01

Thank you. I am aware of both of these procedures. The Tazer JL and the FCA STAR process. I dont have the Tazer JL yet, only the FlashCal, so I need to perform this via the procedure i provided above. What i dont understand is how do i disconnect power to the GPEC2A module because it says there are two batteries. I'm not sure where this module is either.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rhinebeck01

Thank you. I am aware of both of these procedures. The Tazer JL and the FCA STAR process. I dont have the Tazer JL yet, only the FlashCal, so I need to perform this via the procedure i provided above. What i dont understand is how do i disconnect power to the GPEC2A module because it says there are two batteries. I'm not sure where this module is either.
@Atlas

Well, you can disconnect all 12v power to the JL (disconnect both of your batteries) which will obviously kill power to the GPEC2A module. Just kill all 12v power... and no reason you need to know where the module is.

Here is how to kill all 12v power to the JL:

Jeep Wrangler JL DTC P08A6 - When changing tire size to 35" w/ Tazer JL Mini or FlashCal Jeep power disconnect

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
To be clear, this isn’t an ESS error at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Atlas

Atlas

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
To be clear, this isn’t an ESS error at all.
I basically took that "ESS" text verbatim from Z-Automotives transmission relearn procedure, but I don't really care about the verbiage, i just want the issue to be resolved.
Sponsored