DTC code not clearing

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
I'm currently running a Tazer JL Mini, and haven't used it in a while, as the Jeep hasn't seen much action in a few months. Anyway, prepping for a trip in a week's time, and happened to be in the Tazer menu, and noticed there was an error code: U113E. Looked it up: IBS module not contactable, so went and did a physical inspection. Lo and behold, cable to the IBS had been severed. This probably happened at some point when I was installing something under the hood: looks like it got clamped between two metal parts.

I repaired the cable, cleared the error code using the Tazer. Tazer says the CEL codes have been cleared, but cycling around through the menu again, when you get to DTC errors, that same error was still there. On the off chance that I'd managed to fry the IBS, I ordered and installed a brand new sensor today. Still no luck. That code is still there, and stubbornly refuses to be removed.

Realizing I still had my original ProCal around, I unmarried the Tazer, disconnected it, and connected up the ProCal scanner (yes, using the bypass). Interestingly, the ProCal was showing *two* U113E error codes, and trying to clear them just wasn't working either, despite several attempts. So, Tazer Mini is back in, and after marrying, still shows just the one U113E code, and still seems unable to clear it.

I'm on 11.2.6 Beta 7 on the Tazer, FWIW.

The other weird thing that happened is that I can't get rid of the Auto Start/Stop error message. I originally used the ProCal to disable ESS, and unplugged the hood switch as well, as per ProCal instructions. This, of course, throws the error message. When I got the Tazer, this was no longer needed, as the Tazer just remembers the last setting, and that worked perfectly for me. I reset the Auto Start/Stop to "Enabled" with the ProCal, reconnected the hood switch, and installed the Tazer. That error message never went away. Auto Start/Stop doesn't work the way it did when it was stock: never kicks in at all. The Tazer thing seems to work though, because it I disable Auto Start/Stop with the cabin button, the button light comes on the next time I fire up the ignition, so it definitely is remembering the setting.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. I'm super tempted to just reset all the things back to factory, and start again, but it's not super clear how I'd go about doing that.
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
start with fuses/relays. if you crushed the cable with two pieces of metal you probably shorted something.

OP
OP

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
start with fuses/relays. if you crushed the cable with two pieces of metal you probably shorted something.
In hindsight, this is the thing I should have checked first. Totally over-thinking things, I was.

Turns out it was the fuse: F03, to be exact. Fuse replaced, and all is right with the world again.

Thank you @Dave928
Sponsored