DSTRAC ultra 70 axle review

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
My Jeep is going into the shop on Monday to get this started shouldn't take but a week just doing the three link trust in the rear from TMR and going to widen out the rear coilover mounts and the front hopefully not have any issues with my front track bar hitting my PSC but I'll be going over there taking pictures and posting them up here 😁
Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
My Jeep is going into the shop on Monday to get this started shouldn't take but a week just doing the three link trust in the rear from TMR and going to widen out the rear coilover mounts and the front hopefully not have any issues with my front track bar hitting my PSC but I'll be going over there taking pictures and posting them up here 😁
Hey.. where in California are you? I am in the Bay Area.. :)

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Sacramento and I get my Jeep back tomorrow I have a couple videos I posted on my Instagram.

Link

Link2
Ohh ok cool.. I was in Sac today. I visited
All the pick and pull locations in the Bay area
Looking for Dana 60s. NOTHING! after driving
200 miles and visiting like 10 locations I am
Getting really frustrated.. I am seriously
Contemplating ordering DSTRAC axles
Instead of trying to build my own

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Honestly that was recommended. I wouldn’t have mind going to a 1410 but it’s too late lol. Also I think they just added the 1480 and 1550 options not too long ago

I went with 4.88 because I do a lot of highway driving so keeping the rpm’s low helps with the fuel economy now that I’m on 40’s
When I build a setup like that I at 1310 at the pinions. They make several versions of the 1310 and one is a heavy duty version. Why? The pinion u joint is my FUSE. Stress on the U Joints can and often leads to breakage, why not break at the nose end of a pinion where you can fix it in on trail in just a few min.

I see you went Low Pinion in the rear. I go with High Pinion F/R. WHY? I take the entire drive line and I stuff it up inside the tunnel. By doing this I get near straight shot out to the axle group. I also am able to run OEM shaft lengths. Makes my Tom Woods shafts cost a bit less.

I noticed on your pics that you tires are rolling on the center of the tread, you might consider dropping your PSI a bit to get a full edge-to-edge contact patch.

Anyhow I don't miss Dallas area ( I moved to Colleyville). Here is a couple of things you may get a kick out of:

About once a month or so we would meet up on LBJ and Marsh Lane around 2 am on Sunday morning. One of they guys was a Dallas Cop, and he would call in some of his buddies. We usually had about 6-8 Corvettes and 2-4 cop cars. We had a quarter mi marked off and we would race and the cops would radar us and give us our speed. Never anyone but us.

NE side LBJ, Innwood and LBJ. We pull up alongside Innwood Rd and go: Squirrel, Dove, and Quail hunting on Saturdays.

The roads going N past LBJ between Marsh La and Innwood Rd turned to dirt less than a 1/4 mi from LBJ.

Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ohh ok cool.. I was in Sac today. I visited
All the pick and pull locations in the Bay area
Looking for Dana 60s. NOTHING! after driving
200 miles and visiting like 10 locations I am
Getting really frustrated.. I am seriously
Contemplating ordering DSTRAC axles
Instead of trying to build my own
Have you tried Facebook marketplace for 60 parts like you could buy an old 60 and then just take the parts you need off of it? If you're looking for 14 bolt rear stuff I highly doubt you're going to find it like there at Pick-n-Pull. Sometimes checking craigslist and pick and pull at other states like Utah or Nevada you get better luck. Everything's good so far on these axles The only thing I don't like at this point is they have no paperwork on them you have no idea what breaks they're using what fluid levels you need to put everything to anything it's just here's the axles and there you go and then if you want any information you have to email them which is ridiculous. They do get back to you but why not have a PDF on what's in there?

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried Facebook marketplace for 60 parts like you could buy an old 60 and then just take the parts you need off of it? If you're looking for 14 bolt rear stuff I highly doubt you're going to find it like there at Pick-n-Pull. Sometimes checking craigslist and pick and pull at other states like Utah or Nevada you get better luck. Everything's good so far on these axles The only thing I don't like at this point is they have no paperwork on them you have no idea what breaks they're using what fluid levels you need to put everything to anything it's just here's the axles and there you go and then if you want any information you have to email them which is ridiculous. They do get back to you but why not have a PDF on what's in there?
Hey!

Yes, I have been checking Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist... Facebook people are asking a ridiculous $$ for a Dana 60... always in the $700 - $1000+ range ... GM 14 bolt is a bit cheaper.. but not that much cheaper..

I have seen discussions on forums about using the Sterling rear axle on 4 door JKs... no idea how good or bad it is to contemplate the idea of using Sterling Axles in the rear... (I read the Sterling rear hits the tank since the pinion is offset towards the passenger side ... so that would be a problematic issue to fix... if I even want to go Sterling 10.5... your thoughts on that ?? )

Craigslist I have not seen much in the past month... but I will keep looking..

I created a spreadsheet to consolidate the parts / cost of building a Dana 60 / GM 14 bolt... right now is about $12K and I know I am still missing some stuff... so, $16K for the DSTrac 40 spline axles does not seem that outrageous ... LOL

Deezus... if you don't mind I will PM you to ask you a couple of questions.. :)

Reactions: J0E

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey!

Yes, I have been checking Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist... Facebook people are asking a ridiculous $$ for a Dana 60... always in the $700 - $1000+ range ... GM 14 bolt is a bit cheaper.. but not that much cheaper..

I have seen discussions on forums about using the Sterling rear axle on 4 door JKs... no idea how good or bad it is to contemplate the idea of using Sterling Axles in the rear... (I read the Sterling rear hits the tank since the pinion is offset towards the passenger side ... so that would be a problematic issue to fix... if I even want to go Sterling 10.5... your thoughts on that ?? )

Craigslist I have not seen much in the past month... but I will keep looking..

I created a spreadsheet to consolidate the parts / cost of building a Dana 60 / GM 14 bolt... right now is about $12K and I know I am still missing some stuff... so, $16K for the DSTrac 40 spline axles does not seem that outrageous ... LOL

Deezus... if you don't mind I will PM you to ask you a couple of questions.. :)
Anytime bro shoot me a message

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also just realize I got a PDF of the axles unfortunately it's in Brazilian or whatever their language is over there 😔

Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go here and upload the pdf https://translate.google.com/?sl=pt&tl=en&op=docs

You can thank me later :)
I don't have the PDF downloaded it's paper he said that they could get that to me so I'm thinking that they're going to try and translate it I don't know why they didn't already have it ready because if we're speaking English and our money is English obviously we need to have it in English 😁
The good news is it was at least 10 pages long so it wasn't like just one or two pages it was kind of extensive which I like 💯

Reactions: J0E

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have the PDF downloaded it's paper he said that they could get that to me so I'm thinking that they're going to try and translate it I don't know why they didn't already have it ready because if we're speaking English and our money is English obviously we need to have it in English 😁
The good news is it was at least 10 pages long so it wasn't like just one or two pages it was kind of extensive which I like 💯
You could use Google Lens to translate the paper hardcopy version... :)

or.. I can take pics and send them to me.. I can help with the translation.. :)

Jeepskate512

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Use the translate app on an iPhone. No need to download it, it should be on there, by default.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey.. so.. I joined the club and ordered DSTrac axles.. LOL..

the 392_orange_crush $500 discount coupon still works if you pay with a credit card... you just need to harass the sales guy via email... LOL PM me for details... Thanks 392_orange_crush !!!!!!! ..

Since I live in California DSTRac does not charge taxes.. so the total with the discount was $15,950

This is what I ordered:
Jeep Wrangler JL DSTRAC ultra 70 axle review 1679419535835

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Nice! Why not high rear pinion?
What wheel/tire spec will you run... kind of looks like you are heading to 42's..
Sponsored