Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Okay this is an update Dstrac just called me and I talked to him and he had quite a bit of different story about the axle shipments now I don't know if you're the same guy he was talking about or whatever but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because every time I've contacted them they've contacted me the same day or the next day and this was no different. As of this point mine are built they're just waiting to get a shipping time and he said he'll call or send me an email tomorrow once he has that information. He did mention that they had a little bit of an issue with a customer who wanted e-lockers and they told them that it would take a little bit longer to get those that if they wanted to go with air lockers it would be faster and they also offered to refund the money if he didn't want to wait ,but that customer didn't want to do that... Now I don't know who that is and I'm not going to get in the middle of this I'm going to give them like I said the benefit of the doubt and see how this goes.... I'll post back here tomorrow once I find out from them what's the shipping date.
customer who wanted e-lockers and they told them that it would take a little bit longer to get those

I'd wait for the superior air lockers. Maybe customer didn't get the memo that air lockers are stronger, faster, better?
Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
customer who wanted e-lockers and they told them that it would take a little bit longer to get those

I'd wait for the superior air lockers. Maybe customer didn't get the memo that air lockers are stronger, faster, better?
I wanted to say that but then again everybody's different and certain e-lockers are just as strong and almost as quick as an airlocker however for me it would always be an air locker.
As an update the only thing holding me back is my 5:13 gears they haven't built they're ready to ship but he said he could get me some 5:38 sooner and at this point I'm not sure if saving 200 RPMs going 80 mph is actually worth it so I'm going to go ahead and have them ship those 538s.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I wanted to say that but then again everybody's different and certain e-lockers are just as strong and almost as quick as an airlocker however for me it would always be an air locker.
As an update the only thing holding me back is my 5:13 gears they haven't built they're ready to ship but he said he could get me some 5:38 sooner and at this point I'm not sure if saving 200 RPMs going 80 mph is actually worth it so I'm going to go ahead and have them ship those 538s.
When talking to DSTRAC and other axle folks, they recommended air. Apples to oranges, but my TJR factory air lockers disengage much faster when turning than my JLRs. My JLR won't disengage until most of the binding stress is removed.

Pearl_JLUR

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Okay this is an update Dstrac just called me and I talked to him and he had quite a bit of different story about the axle shipments now I don't know if you're the same guy he was talking about or whatever but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because every time I've contacted them they've contacted me the same day or the next day and this was no different. As of this point mine are built they're just waiting to get a shipping time and he said he'll call or send me an email tomorrow once he has that information. He did mention that they had a little bit of an issue with a customer who wanted e-lockers and they told them that it would take a little bit longer to get those that if they wanted to go with air lockers it would be faster and they also offered to refund the money if he didn't want to wait ,but that customer didn't want to do that... Now I don't know who that is and I'm not going to get in the middle of this I'm going to give them like I said the benefit of the doubt and see how this goes.... I'll post back here tomorrow once I find out from them what's the shipping date.
I may or may not be that person. I did order elockers, but can’t imagine I am the only one. But I decided to go through my emails to get accurate dates, as it’s been a whole ordeal:
4/4 - placed order
5/13 - followed up on order
5/16 - everything was on time
6/6 - followed up
6/7 - sorry for the delay axles are about ready to ship
6/9 - asked if that meant from US or Brazil
6/10 - was told air freight from Brazil to Miami
7/1 - followed up again
7/1 - axles are ready for air freight
7/12 - followed up
7/12 - waiting on air cargo
7/19 - requested tracking - no response
7/25 - followed up
7/25 - about to arrive in Miami. Have to install Auburn lockers as their proprietary elocker were failing
8/4 - followed up no response
8/7 - followed up no response
8/9 followed up
8/9 - waiting on confirmation of where they are
8/12 - in customs plan to ship next friday
8/19 - followed up
8/19 - waiting on confirmation carrier picked them up
8/22 - followed up
8/23 - installer was missing bolts - will finish today
8/26 - requested tracking
8/29 - carrier broke a locking hub - scheduling new carrier date rreplaced
8/31 - they asked if I had a forklift for residential pick up
8/31 - told them no
9/7 - followed back up
9/8 - let me follow up they should have been there already
9/9 - followed up
9/12 - something happened to the crate. Rescheduling shipment
9/21 - informed them they shipped me JT axles and not JL
9/21 - was not their fault. Their “installer” shipped me the wrong product
9/22 - repackaged the “container” for pick up
9/27 - still waiting for axles to be picked up and was sent BOL
9/27 - requested a refund
9/28 - issue with BOL
10/5 - was told they can’t deliver my axles because there would be two crates there
10/5 - I let them no again I am not helping a carrier lol then and to pick them up out of the driveway
10/5 - was told I needed to be present
10/5 - I’ve already take. Off to receive the axles - I could not take off for them to pick up
10/5 - axles were picked up
10/10 - followed up again on my axles
10/10 - they will be there in a few days
10/11 - they showed up randomly
10/16 - sent pictures of the shock mount as it was I correct
10/17 - told they were correct and I needed to lift the axle to make them fit…..
10/17 - asked about the ebrake - was told I needed an extender. Issue is there is no where to clip it to, not a length issue
10/20 - sent additional pictures showing the shocks going to the center of the gas tank (angled)
10/21 - told the brackets were bent during shipment. (Was not the case, as the were not damaged, just bent i correctly or for a JK)
10/21 - asked them to review JL vs JK brackets and he ensured they were correct
10/21 - I sent over pictures of shock angles of a JK be JL
10/22 - followed up
10/24 - finally decided to get a bracket in process
10/26 - followed up no response
10/28 - followed up no response
10/30 - followed up
10/31 - they are receiving them in a week to ship out (during this time they are offer complete ready to ship JL axles in stock on Instagram and Facebook)
11/3 - requested tracking
11/7 - still on a container?
11/10 - followed up
11/15 - container arrived ship to you tomorrow
11/17 - requested tracking
11/18 - sent tracking
11/19-12/14 - got everything buttoned up
12/15 - towed it to the shop for alignment and a couple of small items
12/15-12/28 the shop had it
Shop fabbed up the ebrake brackets
Found the front diff was leaking due to the locker being installed incorrectly (glad I didn’t drive it to the shop, as I filled the case when it was raining and wouldn’t have noticed)
12/23 - let them know of the new issue
1/3 - they finally responded to my email because I posted on social media asking why I would say I received the wrong axles as that was not their fault and letting me know they were their to help
1/6 - went back through the entire proces
1/6 - told me I should have let them know immediately. Roughly two weeks after I told them and now they can’t claim anything
1/6 - responded going back through the issue
1/18 - sent another email of them not being responsive
Today - still no remedy for any of the issues, but they stand behind their product

I wish everyone the best of luck with the product (myself included). Just wanted to share my experience

Pearl_JLUR

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When talking to DSTRAC and other axle folks, they recommended air. Apples to oranges, but my TJR factory air lockers disengage much faster when turning than my JLRs. My JLR won't disengage until most of the binding stress is removed.
That’s how the factory lockers were for engaging/disengaging. The auburn units are immediate and wired through the factory switch, which is what appealed me to the Elocker

Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
I may or may not be that person. I did order elockers, but can’t imagine I am the only one. But I decided to go through my emails to get accurate dates, as it’s been a whole ordeal:
4/4 - placed order
6/6 - followed up
7/1 - followed up again
7/12 - followed up
7/25 - followed up
7/25 - about to arrive in Miami. Have to install Auburn lockers as their proprietary elocker were failing
8/9 followed up
8/19 - followed up
8/22 - followed up
8/31 - told them no
9/7 - followed back up
9/9 - followed up
9/28 - issue with BOL
10/5 - was told they can’t deliver my axles because there would be two crates there
10/5 - I let them no again I am not helping a carrier lol then and to pick them up out of the driveway
10/5 - I’ve already take. Off to receive the axles - I could not take off for them to pick up
10/17 - told they were correct and I needed to lift the axle to make them fit…..
10/17 - asked about the ebrake - was told I needed an extender. Issue is there is no where to clip it to, not a length issue
10/20 - sent additional pictures showing the shocks going to the center of the gas tank (angled)
10/21 - told the brackets were bent during shipment. (Was not the case, as the were not damaged, just bent i correctly or for a JK)
10/22 - followed up
10/30 - followed up
10/31 - they are receiving them in a week to ship out (during this time they are offer complete ready to ship JL axles in stock on Instagram and Facebook)
11/10 - followed up
11/18 - sent tracking
Found the front diff was leaking due to the locker being installed incorrectly (glad I didn’t drive it to the shop, as I filled the case when it was raining and wouldn’t have noticed)
1/3 - they finally responded to my email because I posted on social media asking why I would say I received the wrong axles as that was not their fault and letting me know they were their to help
1/6 - told me I should have let them know immediately. Roughly two weeks after I told them and now they can’t claim anything
Today - still no remedy for any of the issues, but they stand behind their product

I wish everyone the best of luck with the product (myself included). Just wanted to share my experience
If I had to guess, at some point they spent their customers deposits, and got behind on funds. So then they don’t have enough money to produce more, so they stall until they have enough money to build the product. You continue taking orders for customers because you can’t fulfill your previous orders if you stop taking new orders.

Lots of excuse without tracking info or proof.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4/4 - placed order
6/6 - followed up
7/1 - followed up again
7/12 - followed up
7/25 - followed up
8/9 followed up
8/19 - followed up
8/22 - followed up
8/31 - told them no
9/7 - followed back up
9/9 - followed up
9/28 - issue with BOL
10/22 - followed up
10/30 - followed up
11/10 - followed up
11/18 - sent tracking

Yeah that sounds like a long lengthy process and that would make me angry I did pay by credit card so if something starts to go haywire the next couple of days I'll just cancel.
I did call him and express my concerns about hearing some negative feedback and he just expressed to me that somebody was going on there and posting negative comments on all of their posts on Instagram and that's why they banned them. I kind of told them I said look the people that you're dealing with are trying to get a good deal and they're used to getting immediate response and sometimes if they can't understand you or there's a language or cultural barrier that can harm your business it's not a personal thing and it's not a racist thing it's just a business thing. I don't want to get in the middle of it I don't know what happened I totally believe you and I believe them I'm going to go with this and see how it turns out because he still think they're a great deal on an axle however me personally I will never run another e-locker again That's just my opinion I've had them fail in my ultimate Dana's now they're using an old older eLocker but using the factory switch for those is not an option and I'll tell you why because you can't just run the front by itself which is the benefit of having big axles like this unless you use the auxiliary switches which I'm good I'm not doing that That's just my personal preference and most people even ultra for guys that are running the hammers and all that they're using air lockers not e-lockers they might not be using ARB but they are using an air locker there's got to be a reason for that.....
Did you end up getting the axles and installing them and how are they running if so?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

Pearl_JLUR

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that sounds like a long lengthy process and that would make me angry I did pay by credit card so if something starts to go haywire the next couple of days I'll just cancel.
I did call him and express my concerns about hearing some negative feedback and he just expressed to me that somebody was going on there and posting negative comments on all of their posts on Instagram and that's why they banned them. I kind of told them I said look the people that you're dealing with are trying to get a good deal and they're used to getting immediate response and sometimes if they can't understand you or there's a language or cultural barrier that can harm your business it's not a personal thing and it's not a racist thing it's just a business thing. I don't want to get in the middle of it I don't know what happened I totally believe you and I believe them I'm going to go with this and see how it turns out because he still think they're a great deal on an axle however me personally I will never run another e-locker again That's just my opinion I've had them fail in my ultimate Dana's now they're using an old older eLocker but using the factory switch for those is not an option and I'll tell you why because you can't just run the front by itself which is the benefit of having big axles like this unless you use the auxiliary switches which I'm good I'm not doing that That's just my personal preference and most people even ultra for guys that are running the hammers and all that they're using air lockers not e-lockers they might not be using ARB but they are using an air locker there's got to be a reason for that.....
Did you end up getting the axles and installing them and how are they running if so?
Yes I have received them, they are in the jeep, and I have been out 3 times with the setup. Just working out a new build. So far so good, I drive to and from the trails.
Again - maybe I just had a bad experience with the company, but the more I talk about them, the more I hear bad things. Their elocker failing, which they admitted. I’ve heard of their air locker failing. So I would take an Auburn elocker over a DSTrac air locker. It would be different if it was an ARB. I’ve heard the ARB locker doesn’t actually fit the case, atleast 1st gen housing.
Again I am hoping I’m through all the BS, and honestly wish they would have just made things right. A refund for the extra money I had to spend or something, but in the end they do not have customer service.

Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're sponsored. 🫡
That may be true but if they were breaking all the time and f****** up and causing them to lose believe me they wouldn't use them.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I have received them, they are in the jeep, and I have been out 3 times with the setup. Just working out a new build. So far so good, I drive to and from the trails.
Again - maybe I just had a bad experience with the company, but the more I talk about them, the more I hear bad things. Their elocker failing, which they admitted. I’ve heard of their air locker failing. So I would take an Auburn elocker over a DSTrac air locker. It would be different if it was an ARB. I’ve heard the ARB locker doesn’t actually fit the case, atleast 1st gen housing.
Again I am hoping I’m through all the BS, and honestly wish they would have just made things right. A refund for the extra money I had to spend or something, but in the end they do not have customer service.
I appreciate you posting your experience because it helps me and others I'm just going on what mostly good things that I've read on the internet. I was taking a chance anyway and I got a hell of a deal on Black Friday so I want to hang on for a minute and see how this goes....

Reactions: J0E

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
That may be true but if they were breaking all the time and f****** up and causing them to lose believe me they wouldn't use them.
The top guys who go for wins all run spools. 🙂

Pearl_JLUR

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate you posting your experience because it helps me and others I'm just going on what mostly good things that I've read on the internet. I was taking a chance anyway and I got a hell of a deal on Black Friday so I want to hang on for a minute and see how this goes....
No problem. There’s honestly not much info out on these axles, and when I purchased mine there was almost nothing. I am still hopeful these work out in the long run, and if they had better customer service and took care of the issues along the way. I would post positive things about them, however, that is not the route they chose, and anytime someone asked what axles I am running I will tell them to go with Dyna, Fusion, etc…Fusion was my top choice, but the price difference is what made me go with DSTrac.