DSTRAC axles!

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
I was looking at getting axles since I did the 392 swap on my Jeep and I was looking at getting a set of Dynatrac or Currie axles. Each were only a couple of hundred apart so either one was a good choice.

I went to the Rebel Off Road meet in Fort Worth and talked to Jacob (the manager) and he recommended a set of DSTRAC 76 axles. Ive never heard of them so I did a little bit of research and WOW those are some THICC axles!!!

I’m going to be attended Easter Jeep Safari in April (at least attempting to) and I wanted something strong! Well with 40 spline axle shafts, beefy brakes, massive components, and a lower price I figured why not!

I pulled the trigger last Friday and I HOPE to get them by mid March! I hope to get the Rock Krawler 3 link brackets welded in and drive shafts made fairly quick so Ican do a shake down before I go out to Moab for the event!

I report back with more information on them once I get them. Since I couldn’t really find much out there I figured why not help the next jeeper either get a great set of axles or stay away from these lol
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My only reservation with them is getting parts. I know they have a warehouse here in the states but they haven't been around long enough to talk with anyone with real-world experience dealing with them. I'm hoping they are successful because Dynatrac basically has a monopoly.

Reactions: J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
My only reservation with them is getting parts. I know they have a warehouse here in the states but they haven't been around long enough to talk with anyone with real-world experience dealing with them. I'm hoping they are successful because Dynatrac basically has a monopoly.
Ditto. There are a few folks happy with them but I'm also worried they'll leave the USA market. Even so, I'm strongly considering

• Rear:DS Ultra 70 Rear Axle JL 73.5" wide, eLocker, 1410 Pinion Yoke, 40 spline rear, HP.
  • Front: DS Ultra 70 Front Axle JL 40-Spline same options as above except HP. I'd love to go with their portals in the front but I don't want to pay a shop to figure out how to install them.
  • Backup plan on axles: Elite™ ProRock XD60®/80 Axle Set 74.5 wide. with 5.38s and 41.8" tire, within 3% the same ratios as stock. 40 spline front, inner/outer/rear. Same axle as this.
They are basically 70's, so the front is a lot strong than the XD60. The XD80 is overkill for the rear. You lose an inch an add a lot of extra weight.

I went to the Rebel Off Road meet in Fort Worth and talked to Jacob (the manager) and he recommended a set of DSTRAC 76 axles.
Can you post a link to the DSTRAC 76 axles? Are you going with eLocker or air? If they leave the USA, seems like the air locker would be easier to fix/replace. Are you considering HP for the front? I'd love to go Portals on the front but I don't want to be the first. In 3 months they'll have high speed portals.

I'm 80% convinced to go with DSTRAC, so keep us posted.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ditto. There are a few folks happy with them but I'm also worried they'll leave the USA market. Even so, I'm strongly considering

• Rear:DS Ultra 70 Rear Axle JL 73.5" wide, eLocker, 1410 Pinion Yoke, 40 spline rear, HP.
  • Front: DS Ultra 70 Front Axle JL 40-Spline same options as above except HP. I'd love to go with their portals in the front but I don't want to pay a shop to figure out how to install them.
  • Backup plan on axles: Elite™ ProRock XD60®/80 Axle Set 74.5 wide. with 5.38s and 41.8" tire, within 3% the same ratios as stock. 40 spline front, inner/outer/rear. Same axle as this.
They are basically 70's, so the front is a lot strong than the XD60. The XD80 is overkill for the rear. You lose an inch an add a lot of extra weight.

Can you post a link to the DSTRAC 76 axles? Are you going with eLocker or air? If they leave the USA, seems like the air locker would be easier to fix/replace. Are you considering HP for the front? I'd love to go Portals on the front but I don't want to be the first. In 3 months they'll have high speed portals.

Yeah it's not the initial purchase that concerns me, it's getting parts when things break. I won't drop that kind of coin until they have established themselves for a few years. At that point it'll be too late.

Sponsored

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara

Hey my bad I guess I misread the description. I ordered the ultra 70 axles. That are going to be 72.5” wide, air lockers, 1350 yoke, and a low pinion rear axle since I’m running a 3 link long arm kit.

From my understanding is that if anything does break they’ll warranty it up to a 46” tire. I was told that the warehouse in Florida is stocked with parts incase anything does break.

Hopefully this will be a great experience and will bring more light on them as a company!

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Hey my bad I guess I misread the description. I ordered the ultra 70 axles. That are going to be 72.5” wide, air lockers, 1350 yoke, and a low pinion rear axle since I’m running a 3 link long arm kit.

From my understanding is that if anything does break they’ll warranty it up to a 46” tire. I was told that the warehouse in Florida is stocked with parts incase anything does break.

Hopefully this will be a great experience and will bring more light on them as a company!
Any update?

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Any update?
Still waiting on them. They should have been here at the end of March but nothing yet. I understand everything kinda sucks but I’m staying calm and looking forward to getting them.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Look what showed up!!! Getting some rock Krawler 3 link brackets welded on before I can install them! Hopefully by next weekend it will be on the trail!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL DSTRAC axles! F8B98818-531D-4FA0-888E-2B0A415C27EA
I can't wait to hear all about it. If I get my promotion early I'll be on the bandwagon soon! Unlikely, but a guy can dream. A bigger house downpayment comes first though.

Dumb question, do you know what the different high/low configurations are? I get the 35/40 options on the main page, but I'm confused about the high vs low. I'm guessing it refers to front pinion, then the option inside is for picking the rear pinion.
If I got that right, I'm planning high front, low rear. I'm not sure on spline count or locker type yet. I'm hoping to install a Dana 30 ARB air locker to see how I like it on my M186 until I go big axle. So I'm watching your updates!

Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I'm guessing it refers to front pinion, then the option inside is for picking the rear pinion.
If I got that right, I'm planning high front, low rear. I'm not sure on spline count or locker type yet. I'm hoping to install a Dana 30 ARB air locker to see how I like it on my M186 until I go big axle. So I'm watching your updates!
Right, HP is strongest and most room for the front, LP is strongest in the rear.
I'm told the air lockers are stronger than the e-lockers

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Why so wide? That’s an inch wider than I’ve seen anything else
Wider is better, especially on 42's. See

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Wider is better, especially on 42's.
Yeah, I guess I had 40”s in my head. I get that on 42”s. I’d like to be able to still fit in my enclosed trailer, so I’m most likely staying at 40”