Drove the v8 yesterday...

WorkingMan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Friend stopped by with a 392 Rubicon yesterday. I took it for a spin, then snapped some pics next to my 2019 Rubicon for comparison. That thing really moves... The engine cuts off a 99 MPH, which is probably for the best lol.

Fun facts: no start/stop... the button is replaced with an exhaust button, that makes the exhaust louder--ha!

3921.jpg

3922.jpg

3923.jpg

3924.jpg
I need that 😉
Sponsored

BCFRJeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler YJ 2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Navy
"They made me go real Jersey"

No, the Jersey thing to do would just be to ignore them and grumble "a-hole" under your breath. That guy represents Jersey as much as the long island clowns on "Jersey Shore" and is, if anything, a transplant that hasn't either stroked out or calmed down.

Source: A transplant that calmed down and just resigned to quietly hate the world.
it sounds like She has a girlfriend more than a boyfriend... she might want to look under the hood to make sure the tranny didn't get swapped before she leased it.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I just ran the lines for my winch. In the engine bay with the stock 3.6, I actually had to use an electrician's fish tape to get the wires pulled. I find it amazing they could find a way to cram so much more motor into one of these beasts.

Another contrast is that the last time I fished stuff like this, I was re-routing the fuel lines on a 390 in an old F350. No fish tape there. You could pretty much choose any route you wanted, and run something there without even losing a drop of blood. The 390 is probably roughly comparable to the 392 dimensionally, so again, it just seems unimaginably crazy that they manage to shoe horn one of these things into a Jeep Wrangler.

I would not want to be the guy doing even the most basic mechanical work to either of these engines.

I bet the Rubicon 392 rips though. The 3.6 is a capable enough engine relative to the weight of the vehicle, but this thing would definitely be more fun with more power.
Sponsored