Sponsored

Drove the v8 yesterday...

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Meanwhile, now that the Chinese own Jaguar Land Rover, they are stealing as much intellectual property as possible for a pump and dump, just like they do with many auto manufactures that enter Chinese partnership. I hear these are selling like hotcakes, with all sorts of modern electronic nannies and mechanical goodies for just $20,000. JLR won't last the next 10 years.

Jeep Wrangler JL Drove the v8 yesterday... 1619633495811

Jeep Wrangler JL Drove the v8 yesterday... 1619633495811
Tata Motors in India owns JLR, not the Chinese.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
It's for when you drive by a Prius owner so they don't get Triggered.

"They made me go real Jersey"

No, the Jersey thing to do would just be to ignore them and grumble "a-hole" under your breath. That guy represents Jersey as much as the long island clowns on "Jersey Shore" and is, if anything, a transplant that hasn't either stroked out or calmed down.

Source: A transplant that calmed down and just resigned to quietly hate the world.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
RRs are super popular here.
I should think so, when a $75K+ 392 tops out at 99 mph and a $35K Sport 2.0T does so at 109 mph. That's gotta hurt.

Meanwhile, now that the Chinese own Jaguar Land Rover, they are stealing as much intellectual property as possible for a pump and dump, just like they do with many auto manufactures that enter Chinese partnership.

1619630435400.png
Ah, the ChiComs. In for a yen, in for...uh, another yen.

Jeep Wrangler JL Drove the v8 yesterday... BEIJING_BJ2024 aka 4 door YJ

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
man, I hadn't see that element comparison before... but I recently sat in the Defender and it feels more like a nice luxury SUV. Also, more removed from the environment than in a Jeep.. Anyhow, I thought the two door 90 had a good look, but for me the the biggest advantage would be tow capacity.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I realize this isnt a real hard core jeeping website but Comparing the 392 JL to the Pretender a tad off the mark. lol

The 392 is the best vehicle jeep has ever put out, with capabilities no other rig can touch. Well worth the money and if you have it do it!

As others have commented, I wish they would put that motor or another v8 motor in the gladiator.

Sponsored

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
I realize this isnt a real hard core jeeping website but Comparing the 392 JL to the Pretender a tad off the mark. lol

The 392 is the best vehicle jeep has ever put out, with capabilities no other rig can touch. Well worth the money and if you have it do it!

As others have commented, I wish they would put that motor or another v8 motor in the gladiator.
Yup, I'm with you on putting it in the Gladiator! I don't need the towing capacity yet, but when I do, I'd move to a Gladiator, and the 392 would push it over the top!

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Technically, you are right. But you know how the Chinese operate.
It's called Chery JLR.
Chery, a Chinese auto maker, now owns 50% share.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chery_Jaguar_Land_Rover

They basically owns you if they pays for you.
https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/jaguar-land-rover-raises-705-million-chinese-lenders

Technically your original post was completely erroneous.

And the "Land Win" pic you posted is representative of how the Chinese operate - it's a complete knock-off of the Land Rover Evoque that is built in China. The Chinese copied every detail of that vehicle and are producing it in a "Land Win" plant - their version of Land Rover.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Technically your original post was completely erroneous.

And the "Land Win" pic you posted is representative of how the Chinese operate - it's a complete knock-off of the Land Rover Evoque that is built in China. The Chinese copied every detail of that vehicle and are producing it in a "Land Win" plant - their version of Land Rover.
Technically, it’s called “Land Wind”