Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
There are no electric Jeeps yet.

And the future is coming fast.

Electric Detroit Model D has a range of 100 miles and can reach 25mph - but was abandoned in favor of gasoline cars. (1910).

Jeep Wrangler JL Drove a combustion engine today! 20211105_121755

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Makes we want to pour gasoline on my ICE vehicles, throw a road flare in them and walk away.
Makes me want to pour gasoline in my ICE and have 6 spark plugs let the fire happen. Might as well try to burn with it since it’s going where I’m going anyway.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Electric Detroit Model D has a range of 100 miles and can reach 25mph - but was abandoned in favor of gasoline cars. (1910).

20211105_121755.jpg
If you think gas cars are the future, I don't know what to tell you except that you're wrong.

I'm not even sure why we'd want ICE engines. Electric engines: less maintenance, better acceleration, better for the planet (long term), quieter, longer lasting.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
If you think gas cars are the future, I don't know what to tell you except that you're wrong.

I'm not even sure why we'd want ICE engines. Electric engines: less maintenance, better acceleration, better for the planet (long term), quieter, longer lasting.
Electric motors themselves may be better, but what about the lithium ion batteries used to power them? The mining it and worse for the planet that any ICE

Sponsored

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Give the ICE a little credit. That's what gets you to the off roads so you can use the electric for a few miles. Hybrid is not the future, Jeep is late to the party. It's a stepping stone to all electric.

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
I didn't expect the controversy, lol.

I was surprised how odd it felt not having electric motor torque, both for crawling and hard launches.
You seem to have hit a sore spot! We're now a 2 Jeep family-hubby staying in our beloved '15 JKUR, while the 4xe Rubicon has replaced my daily driver.
One of my main frustrations with the JK has always been throttle lag. It's a big powerful engine with a significant delay between hitting the gas and getting a response. The HIKEit was a huge improvement but driving a JK is still like driving a truck. I love the beast and have danced it over a few rocks now and then.
The 4xe... first of all, being a JL it's a lot more civilized. Power, handling, comfort- everything-is better. Adding the benefit of electric gets me the highest HP and torque I can get in a Jeep outside the 392, which is way out of my budget on cost, let alone feeding it.
The 4xe is giggle inducing on the highway and I cannot wait to get it on the rocks. I'm pretty happy about the more positive environmental impact, but I'm most happy about the power and responsiveness.
While people on the internet make a lot of negative noise, people in real life- and I mean hard-core Jeep people- are excited about the technology and performance of the 4xe and looking forward to seeing where the technology goes!

Sponsored

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
After many months, I drove a traditional ice today and was blown away at how much effort it took to get rolling!

Much can be said about electric torque. But internal combustion engines really effing suck at 0 to 10 MPH.
And EV owners wonder where the sterotype of the elitist, holier than thou attitude comes from.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
And EV owners wonder where the sterotype of the elitist, holier than thou attitude comes from.
Um... is the answer "you?" Is that where it comes from? Sorry, but the OP was comparing two vehicle powertrain technologies. I didn't see anything in his post about "thou."

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Yeah… I’m sure these F1 drivers I’m watching this weekend really think ICE suck… ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Drove a combustion engine today! 22C1E329-F3E9-4F5A-95A8-4583A15696AB

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I didn't expect the controversy, lol.

I was surprised how odd it felt not having electric motor torque, both for crawling and hard launches.
Yeah you did, otherwise you wouldn't have posted it, especially with the emphasis on "effing suck". Had you not said the last part the way you did, the responses would not be what they are. But thanks for sharing, I'm sure the extra 1 MPG you're saving is worth it.
Sponsored