Sponsored

DRL Fender LED lights

JLAnnabelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I purchased some take off parts for my JL Rubicon. Mine did not come with the LED package so I got LED fender lights, and the headlights. I did not get the wiring for the headlights, and I wasn't sure if I needed a special wiring adapter for the fender LEDs. I looked on quadratec and they had an adapter but the reviews were not good. Can I reuse my wiring for the halogen fender lights for my leds? If not can someone point me to wiring that will work.

I don't think I am going to buy an adapter for the headlights, seems like a pain and the adapters are $100 plus the hassle of installing.

Thank you
Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I installed LED turn signal and DRL on my jeep which came without the LED light kit. I reused the existing wiring on my jeep. I did not realize i would have an issue. They work fine, but periodically i get a warning on my dash for a few moments which usually states 'replace turn signal' or something like that.

The warning does not stay on but for a few moments and then it goes off and it does not come back on again until the next time i drive it. Its been like that for about a year and a half with no issues. Turn signals and daytime running lights work fine. I tease my wife that I wanted to leave at least one project for the next owner.