INTENSEcretAgent

First Name
Intense
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

Ok, so maybe an odd question but I love the doors off, and im always thinking about inclimate weather and being able to put them on quickly if it turns torrential.

Is there anyone or how many of you are just hanging the door without "bolting" it on with the torx bolt? Seems to me like closing the door would keep it in place to not fall off when you go over a bump and I cannot believe nothing came up on a search?

What am I missing to think this wouldn't work (aside from not the safest in an accident (but then again no doors in an accident is probably very close) Thoughts?

Keywords: Bolt less boltless doorless
Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so maybe an odd question but I love the doors off, and im always thinking about inclimate weather and being able to put them on quickly if it turns torrential.

Is there anyone or how many of you are just hanging the door without "bolting" it on with the torx bolt? Seems to me like closing the door would keep it in place to not fall off when you go over a bump and I cannot believe nothing came up on a search?

What am I missing to think this wouldn't work (aside from not the safest in an accident (but then again no doors in an accident is probably very close) Thoughts?

Keywords: Bolt less boltless doorless
I drove my JK without the bolts for 9 years and took them off my JL the first day I had her and they will probably never go back on.

Nothing to worry about

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I drove my JK without the bolts for 9 years and took them off my JL the first day I had her and they will probably never go back on.

Nothing to worry about
Same here

Sponsored

OP
OP
INTENSEcretAgent

INTENSEcretAgent

First Name
Intense
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

and took them off my JL the first day I had her and they will probably never go back on.
Nothing to worry about
What did you do with the door check lever? Did you leave unbolted as well, and any scratching issues or anything?

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
What did you do with the door check lever? Did you leave unbolted as well, and any scratching issues or anything?

The door check lever is in the door. Just unbolt it and put the bolt back in the hole and tighten it up.or push the arm back in the door and dont use it.

tnjrb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JL Rubi
once I take the doors off the first time, the bolts never go back on!

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
I had the bolts out of my JK from a few days after purchase until I sold it... my incoming JL will be the same. No need to have bolts in except it “may” prevent a CASUAL criminal from taking your doors on an unlocked Jeep. Even the nearly complete fools out there will bring a torx but if they are door hunting and now Jeep even labels it so they won’t get the size wrong

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My front ones are out, no problem unless you turn it upside down with the door open. But by then you're going to have all kinds of problems.
That would be a bad, BAD day! I never had them in my '07

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Isn't the title supposed to say "Driving without nuts"?

he he...

But if you think about it, that should be the correct title. Just sayin. :giggle:

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I leave the nuts off and have pushed the door checks in the door for summer. My doors are off more than they are on. I will reconnect the door checks in the winter.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I leave the nuts off and have pushed the door checks in the door for summer. My doors are off more than they are on. I will reconnect the door checks in the winter.
So essentially, you leave your nuts at home?