Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I went to my local dealer to test drive a manual. They only had a gladiator with one. I said that will work I just want to see what all the hoopla is about it’s not a jeep unless it has a manual more sporty better feeling yada yada yada. So as the salesman is trying to back it out of the tight parking spot it was in, he thoroughly smokes the clutch! I told him why don’t you put it in low range because you can crawl through anything at idle and he said you sound like you know more about it than I do you go ahead and do it so I did. I told myself right there if I do order a manual I would really like to be there when it is taken off of the car transporter and then drive it to the prep and not let anybody else touch it. But now I guess it doesn’t really matter because look at all the people that drove it before it even gets to the transporter. SMH
Yep. I went to a lot to test drive a manual. The Jeep was parked up on the grass over a curb. The sales guy got in was determined to pull it into the driveway for me. Couldn’t figure out how to get it to go.then finally got it into gear and was trying to switch it to 4-low telling me had to use it for “this type of terrain”. :facepalm: Couldn’t figure out that either. Finally I asked if I could try.. you should if seen his face when I hopped in & started it up and just rolled right over that curb. Debated If I should even stop to pick him up for my test drive. :CWL:
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Yep. I went to a lot to test drive a manual. The Jeep was parked up on the grass over a curb. The sales guy got in was determined to pull it into the driveway for me. Couldn’t figure out how to get it to go.then finally got it into gear and was trying to switch it to 4-low telling me had to use it for “this type of terrain”. :facepalm: Couldn’t figure out that either. Finally I asked if I could try.. you should if seen his face when I hopped in & started it up and just rolled right over that curb. Debated If I should even stop to pick him up for my test drive. :CWL:
Imagine the confusion with these type of folks if you handed them the keys to car or truck with “3 on the tree”.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Another fun post today. I am not certain what they are taking about. Can someone translate and tldr?

I Googled “tpt” and it suggested “trailer park trash”. I doubt that’s what she meant though (and no offense to anyone that lives in a mobile home).

From context I would guess she is talking about temporary part time workers.

I hate letting anyone drive my Jeep. I avoid valet parking and the only time that someone has to drive it is when I take it in for service. More than once I have had to go retrieve it after service because the person sent out to pick it up couldn’t drive a stick.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Imagine the confusion with these type of folks if you handed them the keys to car or truck with “3 on the tree”.
Once upon a time I bought a used '65 Chevy impala 327/300 with 3 on the tree. Cant believe you came up with that.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I Googled “tpt” and it suggested “trailer park trash”. I doubt that’s what she meant though (and no offense to anyone that lives in a mobile home).

From context I would guess she is talking about temporary part time workers.

I hate letting anyone drive my Jeep. I avoid valet parking and the only time that someone has to drive it is when I take it in for service. More than once I have had to go retrieve it after service because the person sent out to pick it up couldn’t drive a stick.
Yes, it means Temporary Part Time

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Once upon a time I bought a used '65 Chevy impala 327/300 with 3 on the tree. Cant believe you came up with that.
In high school, I drove a ‘70 Chevy pickup with a straight 6 and 3 on the tree. Chicks digged it.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

:LOL::CWL:
my first manual i test drove at the dealer the sales men was reving her up like a mad man and going no where. i started dieing when i realized who-ever parked the jeep last had placed the transfer case in neutral. i asked the sales guy a few times if i could try but he wouldn't let me... needless to say i didn't buy that jeep sure was a nice guy though. drove three different models that day without complaint

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
:LOL::CWL:
my first manual i test drove at the dealer the sales men was reving her up like a mad man and going no where. i started dieing when i realized who-ever parked the jeep last had placed the transfer case in neutral. i asked the sales guy a few times if i could try but he wouldn't let me... needless to say i didn't buy that jeep sure was a nice guy though. drove three different models that day without complaint
I can only imagine :CWL: So many are clueless how to drive a stick now. I used to have a manual convertible and when I’d valet I always had to ask If they knew how to drive one otherwise I’d park it myself. Just makes me cringe when I hear those gears grind. :headbang:

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I wonder if this ever happens in a Japanese plant my guess is probably not.
Note that according to the story, they were initially fired by Chrysler but thanks to the union they're all back at work doing the same thing that got them fired in the first place.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if this ever happens in a Japanese plant my guess is probably not.
Old news, and yes, it can happen at Japanese plants. My Dad used to deal with that kind of crap all the time at GM.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
When we went to test drive my wife's jeep (21 Willys 2 dr manual) the salesman (kid) had to drive it off the lot before my wife could drive it. Company policy. Once he finally got it going in first, he had no idea on what to do next. She took over in the next parking lot. She even had to drive it to the gas station for him to fill it. Me, I'm still looking for leftover roaches in my 20 Rubi. :LOL:
Sponsored