First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Doesn’t everyone loathe and complain about their job? Are there actually happy people at work? I’m only half joking since the idea of someone excited to be at work seems so foreign to me.

you know that feeling when you need to get into the shower but your hot water is out? You’re trying to psych yourself up for that freezing blast. I just assume everyone feels that way when they have to go to work.

I think of you pulled back the curtains on employee talk at any job everyone would be fired. Yet the world keeps spinning, your burgers get made, your toilet paper gets stocked, and your car keeps running.
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
My apologies if I misunderstood. However, I don't think I was alone.
Save for the radio issue ,our Jeep has been flawless.
" someone obviously mistook yours for theirs " ....I thought that was a funny line.....

OP
OP
mikegcny

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
The reason why some of you have had 'flawless' vehicles is a function of both the vehicle engineering and process engineering, not so much the assembly workers. If you watch the videos of the assembly process, there is lots of automation that make it less likely the human operators will make mistakes (ex: bolts have their torque controlled via computers, not the human; robots assist in moving components around and into the vehicles), and there is plenty of quality control to find defects before they make their way to the customers.

It seems like the repetitive nature of the process is what grinds on people the most. I think this is why they switch them around from station to station. There is once clip in the assembly video where a worker is applying the badging to the driver's side. I would go absolutely insane doing that 10 hours a day, 6 days a week.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The reason why some of you have had 'flawless' vehicles is a function of both the vehicle engineering and process engineering, not so much the assembly workers. If you watch the videos of the assembly process, there is lots of automation that make it less likely the human operators will make mistakes (ex: bolts have their torque controlled via computers, not the human; robots assist in moving components around and into the vehicles), and there is plenty of quality control to find defects before they make their way to the customers.

It seems like the repetitive nature of the process is what grinds on people the most. I think this is why they switch them around from station to station. There is once clip in the assembly video where a worker is applying the badging to the driver's side. I would go absolutely insane doing that 10 hours a day, 6 days a week.
That's why I thanked everyone, not just the line workers. However, there are still many line workers and many bits and pieces in which they are directly involved.

Sorry, I'm just not going to let somebody's moaning and complaining in a social media post paint the entire group of people with a negative brush.

I'll paraphrase a quote from Ross Perot when he addressed all of the valedictorians from across Texas one year. He told them not to get too full of themselves, because somewhere, there's someone pushing a broom who has a higher IQ than they do.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I went to my local dealer to test drive a manual. They only had a gladiator with one. I said that will work I just want to see what all the hoopla is about it’s not a jeep unless it has a manual more sporty better feeling yada yada yada. So as the salesman is trying to back it out of the tight parking spot it was in, he thoroughly smokes the clutch! I told him why don’t you put it in low range because you can crawl through anything at idle and he said you sound like you know more about it than I do you go ahead and do it so I did. I told myself right there if I do order a manual I would really like to be there when it is taken off of the car transporter and then drive it to the prep and not let anybody else touch it. But now I guess it doesn’t really matter because look at all the people that drove it before it even gets to the transporter. SMH

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikegcny

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
Another fun post today. I am not certain what they are taking about. Can someone translate and tldr?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I went to my local dealer to test drive a manual. They only had a gladiator with one. I said that will work I just want to see what all the hoopla is about it’s not a jeep unless it has a manual more sporty better feeling yada yada yada. So as the salesman is trying to back it out of the tight parking spot it was in, he thoroughly smokes the clutch! I told him why don’t you put it in low range because you can crawl through anything at idle and he said you sound like you know more about it than I do you go ahead and do it so I did. I told myself right there if I do order a manual I would really like to be there when it is taken off of the car transporter and then drive it to the prep and not let anybody else touch it. But now I guess it doesn’t really matter because look at all the people that drove it before it even gets to the transporter. SMH
I made sure that mine was handled only by a guy at the dealership who I knew for sure could drive a clutch. Mission accomplished. Then my brother in law smoked the hell out of it a couple weeks later. Then, a few weeks after that, my wife did the same thing. Uggh. The good news? The clutch is fine and it still drives perfectly. Maybe they knocked a few thousand miles off it's life, but it is what it is. Sometimes you just can't avoid it. :facepalm:

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I talked with a member on here that worked at the plant and he was super cool, I think he was a mechanic that dealt with weird issues that crop up after test drives. Even jumped in a manual to see what it did with ESS when you kept the clutch in, mine was on order and we were both wondering how it worked, haha. Good guy.

OP
OP
mikegcny

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
I talked with a member on here that worked at the plant and he was super cool, I think he was a mechanic that dealt with weird issues that crop up after test drives. Even jumped in a manual to see what it did with ESS when you kept the clutch in, mine was on order and we were both wondering how it worked, haha. Good guy.
It would be interesting to make friends there and see if they could get pics of your special order vehicle as it makes it way down the line.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It would be interesting to make friends there and see if they could get pics of your special order vehicle as it makes it way down the line.
There is a guy on another forum that works on the line and he used to put messages in members' gloveboxes when they went down the line. Been working there a long time and takes a lot of pride in his work just like, I assume, most of the other folks that work there. I don't think he spends much time posting on the facebook page.

ButWhatDoIKnow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Jeep Cherokee, 2015 Abarth 500C
[/QUOTE]

It looks like she is a temporary employee who is not allowed by the regular workers to do many of the jobs. And she resents it.