Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Unions are a cancer.
Yes and no. They had good intentions and seemed to get a little of an entitlement attitude. As a current union member I can say our local is very conservative and respective to our employer while only asking for what’s resonable and amicable. The national on the other hand supported Biden and I thought all hell was going to break loose. There was a large divide and membership was out for the heads. As with most unions, the big wigs tend to forget where they come from and sometimes need to be reminded they work for us.

Now there are some that are completely off the rails and the contracts they force on the employers have sent a bunch of jobs overseas. There was a large building under construction in a union city. It was getting close to being finished and they were working on a punch list. An electrician needed to swap out an outlet but the plumbers tool bag was in the way of it. An apprentice went to slide the bag over and was told to stop. “It’s not our job to move that bag, get the plumbers over here to move it. Our contract doesn’t say we have to do other people’s job” well this created literally a several hour delay to slide the bag over. These rare examples give unions a black eye in my opinion

Brett
Sponsored

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Have you seen the other posts on the FB page. My summary of them:

1. 45% are about working overtime, and making extra money. Most of these incinuate 'fuck this place I'm only here for the money.'
2. 30% fall into the 'only x more hours of this shit' category
3. 10% are about food and what they are eating.
4. 10% are pictures of pages in the bible and 'have a good day' type stuff.
5. Remainder are things like union propodanda and misc stuff.
Absolutely. While I was waiting for mine to be built, I was blown away by how many of them post stuff that, if seen by management, would surely get them in trouble.
One girl complained that she hated one particular station and she struggles to do it correctly and wishes they would never put her there...
So, can't do it right, still doing it... Let that sink in.

Now i'm also convinced it's always the same little bunch on there, so it's probably not the entire plant feeling like this, but it does make them look bad.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Some are good. Some are bad. Gross generalizations and hyperbole should be somewhere else... lets talk jeeps and not political crap.
Lets talk Jeeps , with a little bit of everything else thrown in. Just Jeeps ,gets a little stale. If you cant go from Jeeps to BBQ or jeeps to carbon fiber canoes then you lose your imagination and your aptitude for creativity and humor.
If I could give me a like for this post , I would .

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
And yet somehow they built a perfect one for me. So I thank them deeply for that.

Btw, many of them drive the Wranglers they build, too, and love them.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
And yet somehow they built a perfect one for me. So I thank them deeply for that.

Btw, many of them drive the Wranglers they build, too, and love them.
Yeah but when a person is on the assembly line and the jeep they ordered is coming towards them , they really go the extra mile to do quality work. Someone obviously mistook yours for theirs.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but when a person is on the assembly line and the jeep they ordered is coming towards them , they really go the extra mile to do quality work. Someone obviously mistook yours for theirs.
Pretty general statement there. Every organization has good people and some bad ones, too. Every organization has some that are smart and some that are dumb, some that work hard, some that are lazy. You get any group of 1,000 people together and put some hidden cameras around and you are going to find some great posts to generate social media outrage.

The fact is, they made me a great one. They did the same with every other person I've met or wheeled with that has a JL. Every one of them. I'm not talking about those I haven't met, and I know some have had issues, but I'll go with what I see first had, every time, over what I read on the internet. From what I've personally seen and experienced, they've designed and built a winner.

I know about unions and some of the BS. My Dad was an engineer who supervised plant layout with GM with Allison. He could have told you some stories. Still, they put out excellent transmissions and turbine engines. He would have also told you stories about some great people who also were union, who went above and beyond to do the right thing, every day, too.

Lots of people had to do lots of things very well to provide me with the best Jeep I've ever had. I'm not going to sit around here and knock them for things we don't even know to be legit. Even if true, I'm not going to let a turd stain the others who do it right.

We're all so quick to hammer people, but I doubt much of us spend time looking in the mirror. I'm guilty of this too. Its just that in this case I realize it because I just flogged my Jeep off-road this weekend and it performed flawlessly and then got me and my kids home in comfort and safety, without a hiccup.

Once again, thank you FCA employees for this great Jeep. We've got many miles and years of enjoyment ahead!

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
The fact is, they made me a great one. They did the same with every other person I've met or wheeled with that has a JL. Every one of them. I'm not talking about those I haven't met, and I know some have had issues, but I'll go with what I see first had, every time, over what I read on the internet. From what I've personally seen and experienced, they've designed and built a winner.
I completely agree with you Dan. The perception of Jeeps I read about on the internet and what I’ve seen in real life is a complete 180 from the other.

Nero

First Name
John Galt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Quite frankly, I am surprised that you took my post to be one of a serious nature. It is rare that I do that. I am a purveyor of foolish humor.
Foolish humor is frowned upon here.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quite frankly, I am surprised that you took my post to be one of a serious nature. It is rare that I do that. I am a purveyor of foolish humor.
My apologies if I misunderstood. However, I don't think I was alone.
Sponsored