Driving my Jeep makes me arrogant

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
I don't normally "miss" the lake effect snow but damn if it's not better than freezing rain and large quantity of people who have never really learned about driving in snow and ice. Especially yes my vehicle can go but not stop on ice. My drive home on Saturday morning took 3 hours the first 2 hours I traveled 5 miles 🙄 about. On way home this morning dipstick pulls out in front of me takes off then slams on brakes right before going over the iced overpass I luckily slid smoothly in to and around barely in left lane. I guess I need to move further south again or back where people know how to drive in this??? So N Alabama is going to be a ice skating rink for a few days now. Many parts of the country and our northern comrade's what is here is the norm. But here is full of people that can land a egg on Mars without cracking the shell but can't back out of a parking lot with out hitting three cars two parking spaces away 🙃
Sponsored

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I feel you @S2k Chris , we’re experiencing unprecedented snow in central Texas and I had to go out in it to go help a local ranch take care of their horses. The jeep had no issues, of course. I took it really slow and cautious on the turns and didn’t speed and had no issues. I talked to a local lady who has lived here ~35 years and she said she’s never seen anything like this!

Of course, it’s relatively warm here. 18 degrees F, not -30, so I can’t complain!

C04CA3DC-8E98-4D32-80B7-ECE461E2B6DE.jpeg
Tanner! You call this UNPRECEDENTED snow!!???!!!!!! You know you can still see the pavement and some grass! You Texan are lucky if you call this unprecedented snow.

Jeep Wrangler JL Driving my Jeep makes me arrogant 200

And additional note when I saw the headline to this thread - my first thought was "naturally owning a Jeep allows a person to compensate for something hahaha - but you guys were only talking about snow! Bummer! :giggle:

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
It's the ice that worries me! Going down a hill and boom you are sliding everywhere - can't stop. You just can't stop properly on ice without the right equipment.

You also can't control what other do. On an icy day you can take a guess at where you will get hit, from the side, back, or maybe you slide into someone's bumper..
“Hill”...what’s that?? 😜

I grew up in rural New England where I learned to drive, so driving around the flat IL suburbs is no problem at all, especially in the Jeep.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I don't normally "miss" the lake effect snow but damn if it's not better than freezing rain and large quantity of people who have never really learned about driving in snow and ice. Especially yes my vehicle can go but not stop on ice. My drive home on Saturday morning took 3 hours the first 2 hours I traveled 5 miles 🙄 about. On way home this morning dipstick pulls out in front of me takes off then slams on brakes right before going over the iced overpass I luckily slid smoothly in to and around barely in left lane. I guess I need to move further south again or back where people know how to drive in this??? So N Alabama is going to be a ice skating rink for a few days now. Many parts of the country and our northern comrade's what is here is the norm. But here is full of people that can land a egg on Mars without cracking the shell but can't back out of a parking lot with out hitting three cars two parking spaces away 🙃
Bro I totally feel for you man!! Over here on the Jersey side of New York City - we just have a lot of Asian ladies that don't know how to drive.

Jeep Wrangler JL Driving my Jeep makes me arrogant 15g0lm

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Tanner! You call this UNPRECEDENTED snow!!???!!!!!! You know you can still see the pavement and some grass! You Texan are lucky if you call this unprecedented snow.

Jeep Wrangler JL Driving my Jeep makes me arrogant 15g0lm

And additional note when I saw the headline to this thread - my first thought was "naturally owning a Jeep allows a person to compensate for something hahaha - but you guys were only talking about snow! Bummer! :giggle:
Well, yeah, for here it is unprecedented. It usually doesn’t snow here at all. So this is like the world’s ending. Power outages everywhere (my house has been without power for 24 hours and it’ll probably be another day or two before we get it back). The roads are completely untouched by salt, sand, plows, etc. So when this thaws a little bit then freezes back over it’s gonna be a shitshow!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Owned all kinds of vehicles and driven in all kinds of snow and ice. Having dedicated winter tires makes the most difference. 4x4 can lead to a false sense of security. 4x4 gets you going but stopping and steering can be tricky in these temps. A heavy Wrangler is just more weight and mass to slow down. I live in Chicago and was just on the expressway a hour ago. They are plowing and salting but the snow was staying ahead of the plows. There was about 4"-5" of now and slush on the expressway. Definitely icy under the slush and snow. Plenty of vehicles with all-wheel drive and 4x4 sliding and spinning around. It will probably be a lot worse by tomorrow evening. We are supposed to get between 8"-12" of snow. It looks like a lot of the Country is going to get hit by the same storm. The snow will probably stay for while wth the freezing temps. Stay safe out there everyone.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Well, yeah, for here it is unprecedented. It usually doesn’t snow here at all. So this is like the world’s ending. Power outages everywhere (my house has been without power for 24 hours and it’ll probably be another day or two before we get it back). The roads are completely untouched by salt, sand, plows, etc. So when this thaws a little bit then freezes back over it’s gonna be a shitshow!
Texas is even on the local news here in Chicago. I saw on the news every county in Texas is under a winter weather advisory. First time ever. Careful out there and stay safe.

Sponsored

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
"Good luck everybody!"
Jeep Wrangler JL Driving my Jeep makes me arrogant 20201126_091510
No no no Mike!!! You gotta do it correctly! What you mean to say is...
"Good RUCK everybody!"
Jeep Wrangler JL Driving my Jeep makes me arrogant tenor (15)

Remember! Asian have problem pronouncing the retter R/L and th/c/z

I should know! I am asian myself!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Driving my Jeep makes me arrogant my-favorite-corour-brew

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Yesterday they were forecasting 8-11 inches with upwards of 30 mph winds. My boss came into my office at about 2:00 and said "The snow and wind are supposed to stop in the morning, so we will be open. But tell your staff if they can't get out or are uncomfortable, they can remote in. But with your new Jeep I expect you won't have any trouble." So this morning when the texts were going around regarding who was going in and who was going remote, I pretty much had to say I was going in.

The radio this morning said we got 8", but my driveway had close to 12. It's normally about a 50 minute commute mostly on state highways. The roads were plowed but not clear, with packed snow covering pretty much all of them. I made it in with no difficulties but kept the speeds at or below 45. Just me and one other person who lives about 2 miles away came in. The entrance to the office had drifted over quite a bit such that nobody else without 4WD and high clearance is going to make it in. So with the office essentially empty, I can play music pretty much as loud as I want. Do I listen to my classic rock or my prog playlist?

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I have no concerns about the conditions. My issue is all the idiots who block the roads by abandoning their cars where they stopped. Makes me wanna get out a monster truck to just keep rollin' on.
Sponsored