Driving in snow and couldn't see sh*t

stewartld

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
So got caught in heavy snow last night. The JL coped fine except that I couldn't see a thing! There was so much reflection from the headlights that I ended up turning them off and just driving with side lights. I've never had this problem with other . cars to anything like the same extent and other cars were passing me without any apparent problems. I've got the LED lights. Wondering if anyone else has the same problem? Is it the lights? Could they need adjusting? Or just the design?
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
So got caught in heavy snow last night. The JL coped fine except that I couldn't see a thing! There was so much reflection from the headlights that I ended up turning them off and just driving with side lights. I've never had this problem with other . cars to anything like the same extent and other cars were passing me without any apparent problems. I've got the LED lights. Wondering if anyone else has the same problem? Is it the lights? Could they need adjusting? Or just the design?
White light reflects more off rain, snow, and fog. Consider getting some amber lights on the pillars/bumper or amber film to cover the fog lights with.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
All of the JL lights front and rear will get snow covered. LED's do not get warm enough to mekt snow....Happens everytime ut sniws more than flurries
I wipe of the back lights while Im sitting on the side of the highway wiping off all of tge front lights.
Pretty dangerous sitting on the side of a highway.
But also dangerous driving in the dark.
Also, someone may turn in front of you because they didn't see you.
Or rear end you because they didn't see you.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I will add that the JL LED's are great when they are not covered with snow.

Sponsored

MedicalCowboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Pipefitter
White light reflects more off rain, snow, and fog. Consider getting some amber lights on the pillars/bumper or amber film to cover the fog lights with.
I’ll take Halogen headlights for $500 please Alex. Jeopardy joke. Hah. But seriously this guys right. The whiter the light the more it reflects in the snow.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The French must be up to something when they had yellow headlights standard on cars

AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
It's the white of the light. There's two options: install Amber aux lights, get light filters (gels) to cover your existing headlights. Or move I guess. Also got caught in the storm in SD last night.

Sponsored

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
My Mustang has leds and a few weeks ago I was the most uncomfortable I have ever been driving. Snow and ice don’t bother me but we had fog so thick I couldn’t see past my hood. I may be getting halogens whenever possible now. I actually think our jl halogen are pretty good.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Ya the JL Halogens are very good. I have no desire to have LED’s. LED’s belong on Christmas lights and that’s about it lol.

OP
OP
stewartld

stewartld

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
So maybe an amber light bar on the front bumper would be a good option? I presume it can be wired to be on with the fog lights but not with the main headlights?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So maybe an amber light bar on the front bumper would be a good option? I presume it can be wired to be on with the fog lights but not with the main headlights?
For harsh conditions, amber would be a good option. You don't necessarily have to get a light bar (unless it's the additional lighting you want). I replaced the stock fogs with Baja Designs Squadron Pros & I picked up amber covers.

You can wire a light bar with the fog lights or use an auxiliary.
Sponsored